Comments: In Passing

I want one too...a relaxed and happy pancake, that is.

Which show are you seeing tonight?

Posted by Tammy at March 20, 2009 9:41 AM

It is a lucky girl who gets to meet NYC falafel.

And way to enjoy all the fantastic cultural aspects that I feel guilty those of us that at local completely under utilize.

Also, you know the book loved every second of its time with Rabbit.

Posted by Dani at March 20, 2009 9:43 AM

Now I want falafel and street pizza. The do NOT know how to do pizza out here in California.

I knew you'd love MoMA -- so glad you went!

Posted by Aimee at March 20, 2009 10:36 AM

What would a trip to wonderland be without a rabbit.

Enchanting

Posted by Cele at March 20, 2009 10:47 AM

I am just so jealous - but I hope NYC takes its rightful place in your niece's young heart. Mmmmm. Falafel.

Posted by Sandra Leigh at March 20, 2009 11:14 AM

I honeymooned in NYC and the mention of it brings back youthful happiness. Erin will remember this special trip always. What a great aunt you are!

Posted by lynn at March 20, 2009 1:10 PM

I am shocked, I tell you, shocked! that you as an author allowed The Rabbit to destroy a book. What is the world coming to?

::shuffles away, leaning on her cane and muttering to herself::

(sounds like you are having a marvelous time in NYC, yay!)

Posted by kmkat at March 20, 2009 1:16 PM

and if you remembered to set the DVR you'll still have tonight's episode of Dollhouse to look forward to. it's the fabled one wherein we all go "ohhh . . . shiny . . ." and hereafter beat up strangers on the street when they denigrate the show.

ps -- Anya would be horrified.

pps -- series finale of BGS too. see how much culture your night of culture is preempting?

Posted by debra at March 20, 2009 2:26 PM

You can also watch "Dollhouse" online at Hulu.com "with limited commercial interruption." I usually re-watch each episode at least once, to make sure I didn't miss anything important.

At any time of day or night!! Hulu is my friend. New episodes of Dollhouse usually show up shortly after they have actually aired.

Glad you are enjoying your trip!! It sounds wonderful!

I am having a terrible premonition about a Georgia version of Rabbit, perhaps named Ferdinand or something similar, and a significant quantity of ARCs!! Nooooo!

Jennifer

Posted by Jennifer at March 20, 2009 3:06 PM

Just make sure there's no bunnies of the opposite sex under the bed....

Posted by Raine at March 20, 2009 4:34 PM

I do love that MOMA. Bicycle Wheel by Duchamp makes me laugh with delight every time I see it.

We generally watch Dollhouse on the PC from Fox's website when we miss it. Unless something goes awry, though, our adventurous author should find it on the DVR when she returns.

Posted by Mr. Husband at March 20, 2009 4:54 PM

My best friend owns a rabbit that she got on the clearance rack. He hadn't been fixed and because he was a "rare breed" aka not a cat or dog it was expensive to get him fixed. So she, as a poor college student, waited to do so since he was a super sweet bunny rabbit.

He started humping everything. It got so bad that at one point when she reached in his cage to change his water he humped her hand and she was scarred for life. So she bought him a stuffed bison to hump and it made him much happier until she could afford to end the humping completely.

Enjoy your rabbit!

Posted by Nik at March 21, 2009 3:23 AM

HOUSE RABBIT! No, no, no! Don't even THINK about a house rabbit. A friend had a rabbit that chewed, chewed, chewed up the baseboards, the table legs, the antique spinning wheel, etc. Definately not good. Also the little wiggly nosed charmer love love loved to chew-him-up some nice yummy electrical cords which does a real number on your lamps and TV. Not to mention what it does to your cable/internet/and computer connections... And by the way- rabbits can also JUMP over and out of one of those expandable baby corrals... *shudder*

Posted by JeanEva at March 21, 2009 11:04 AM

Not to mention the trauma and general uproar if The Rabbit and Boggart were to tangle and Boggart--ahem--won.

Posted by Jennifer at March 21, 2009 1:51 PM

Ah, the first glimpse of New York, I envy your niece! If you're jonesin' for a rabbit, go to this blog. It's terrific, you'll get a great pov on being owned by a rabbit, heh. Have a great time in the Manhattan. http://www.disapprovingrabbits.com/
Laurie

Posted by LaurieB at March 22, 2009 2:20 PM

Who was starring in South Pacific? Was it Kelli O'Hara, or has she left on her maternity leave and been replaced by Laura Osnes? I am tempted to come up there and see it in either case . . . .

Posted by Genevieve at March 23, 2009 4:47 PM