Comments: Also, the dog ate my homework

VERY (if I could underline and bold this I would) glad that you are still alive. And yes, Scott is DEFINITELY a keeper. Staying up all night for someone is most certainly love. I still want one. :)

Erin in Boston

Posted by Erin at February 25, 2009 10:05 AM

Scott is a saint. But, you already knew that. Hope you feel better!

Posted by Tammy at February 25, 2009 10:26 AM

Um... holy crap! I'm so glad you're okay, and that Scott stayed up with you, and, and, and. Feel better soon, you hear me?

Posted by Aimee at February 25, 2009 10:55 AM

Dayum. I have been blog-absent lately (not just here, but everywhere) and it looks like I picked an exciting day to read again! Glad you're not dead and stuff. (Really!!!!!!) Hope you feel better soon. Happy Birthday to Mr. Husband!

Posted by DebR at February 25, 2009 10:58 AM

See I told you all meds are poison, poison I say!!
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean the drug companies aren't out to get you. (perhaps I'm a hair mentally ill on the topic)

Posted by nurse Julie at February 25, 2009 11:12 AM

PUMPKIN. Sleep and feel better. The novel will wait (for twelve hours at least.) Scott, you are a hero.

Posted by Jill at February 25, 2009 11:28 AM

Good Gravy! Very glad you are going to be ok! Scott.....you are a saint, dude. Your birthday should become a national holiday.

Posted by Kathy at February 25, 2009 11:45 AM

How terrifying! So glad that The Other Vet was able to give you good at-home advice, and eternal blessings on Scott for staying up with you.

I hope that you feel better soon, and best of luck for finishing and revising. Really, I think life-threatening illness and drug-reactions qualify as a non-dog-type legitimate excuse. But I hope that you don't need it, because all goes so well.

Posted by Diane (TT) at February 25, 2009 11:56 AM

No dying. You hear me? Not. Allowed.

Scott is unbelievably awesome.

Posted by Marisa at February 25, 2009 12:41 PM

Yes, please do not die. Benadryl is fabulous stuff, but I do hate the disconcerting effect of unconsciousness.

Feel better soon! Happy Birthday, Scott!

Posted by Lindsey at February 25, 2009 1:17 PM

Oh Tulip!! I'm sorry! As a fellow drug-intolerant, I feel your pain...It's SCARY when the stuff that's supposed to help makes you feel worse! I hope you are on the mend very very soon.

And Scott, I just puffy pink heart you. Thanks for keeping our girl alive! Have a terrific birthday...and a nice, long nap! ;)

Posted by Amy-Go at February 25, 2009 1:21 PM

Wow. How scary, and how utterly sweet of your husband to watch over you like that. Sleep well!

Posted by Caryn Caldwell at February 25, 2009 1:39 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Apollo is proud to present... LOVE.

This is not some thin, wimpy, "but-soft-what-light-through-yonder-window-breaks" version of love; this is the Arnold Schwartzenegger of Love that kicks sand in the face of that other soppy version.

I am so glad you survived! It sounds terrifying! (Although IMHO you should have been dragged kicking and...cackling...to the emergency room ANYWAY.) This might qualify as a Brush With Death!

I am so impressed with Scott and more than a little envious of what you two have together. Sigh. In honor of his birthday and his Guarding Your Life Like a Pit Bull, I want to knit a sweater for you to give to him for said Birthday. I'm serious. What size does he wear, and what's his favorite color?

Jennifer

Posted by Jennifer at February 25, 2009 2:32 PM

it does remind me of college.
at a Dead show.
*cough*

Posted by debra at February 25, 2009 2:52 PM

Two things:

First, you are not allowed to die. I just recommended your books to everyone in one of my quilting Flickr groups, and it wouldn't be fair to get these people hooked and then check out.

Second, I love your husband. I hope you understand.

Posted by Sandi at February 25, 2009 3:14 PM

Yikes! So glad you're OK, obviously. Phew. Scary.

Happy birthday to SCOTT who is a prince among men, for sure. I've had that terrifying, "OMG my SO is crazy sick and I am so scared holy cow..." moment a few times, and it's terrifying and helpless-making. I'm sure his adrenalin kept him going through the wee hours!

Love, sleep and health to you both!

Posted by Erin at February 25, 2009 3:56 PM

I know that feeling. I took 10 days of antibiotics, and on the last pill flared a reaction. I was unconscious and in the hospital for a week as they slowly got the antibiotics out of me.
The kicker??
While in the hospital with them shocking me back to life they saw that I was allergic to benadryl on top of it all. The only thing I could have to stave off the allergic reaction was fluids and steroids (that took three months to get rid of)

So yea. I don't do meds well.
Glad to hear you are alright, know how you felt on that one.

Posted by Tina at February 25, 2009 4:33 PM

JOSHILYN!! I don't normally comment, so way to go getting me to delurk :-) I am so glad that you are okay! I'm sure that your family is too. Thank God for Scott!! Happy Birthday!!

Posted by Melody at February 25, 2009 7:16 PM

Wow, glad you didn't die. Because we really need a new book to read and I would desperately miss the escapades of Schubert and the good cat.

Scott, you are a prince! Thanks for taking care of our pretty pretty princess.

Princess, you made that sound like fun, in a wild, wierd, warped, sick kind of way. Email me the name of that acid... er antibiotic?

Posted by Debra at February 25, 2009 7:22 PM

Well, yikes! Scary for you and more so for Scott, who is such a good doobie, it does MY heart good to know he exists in the world.

I hope he got some sleep eventually. And that you feel better soon.

Posted by ccr in MA at February 25, 2009 7:35 PM

First - thank you for not dying! I would miss you terribly.

Second - it gives me back a tiny shred of hope to know that such a man does, indeed, exist.

Happy birthday, Scott! (An alive wife is a a very good present, indeed.)

Posted by Julie G at February 25, 2009 11:48 PM

I truly cannot comprehend that a man would have that kind of love for a woman. Seriously. I know it's out there, and I am SO. HAPPY. that you have it, cuz really. I need your books. You can't stop writing now, just when I've gotten attached. :)

Thanks for a great laugh. I mean, so sorry you had a rough night! Heh.

Posted by Zobabe at February 26, 2009 12:06 AM

I fear mine would, with all good intentions, set out to watch me all night, only to awaken with a keyboard-dented face and a shorted-out-from-drool keyboard. That Scott is an amazing dude. Of course, you are pretty amazing yourself!

Posted by Brigitte at February 26, 2009 5:26 AM

Wishing you a speedy and boring recovery and a Happy Birthday to Scott.
Hope all of you feel better enough to enjoy it by the weekend.

Posted by JulieB at February 26, 2009 9:34 AM

Damn, that made me cry. That's the sweetest thing that I've ever known a man to do.

Posted by jerajenn at February 26, 2009 10:43 AM

You should certainly entertain the thought that cloning scott would be for the better of humanity. If not a clone how about a character then... The Stories Of Scott would be a how to be a man guide book for all men that 1) my sister finds under the rocks that she tends to look under when she needs a "man" 2) all us single mothers need to show our boys what to do and how to do it instead of winging it through life 3) reminds us that there are good men that aren't under rocks who need love too...Just another thought for a book...

Posted by Linda J at February 26, 2009 12:29 PM

So sorry to hear about your uber-bad reaction to the drugs. I hope The Vet can get you better ASAP and much getting-the-last-of-the-novel-vibes your way once you recover.

Posted by Sabra Wineteer at February 26, 2009 1:52 PM

Ye gads. I'm glad to hear there was a relatively happy ending! It sucks that you're still sick after all that. Maybe the germs will be psychedelically mesmerized and march out of your body ... ?

My first encounter with Benadryl was as an infant -- we got shots for Rocky Mountain spotted fever to go on vacation somewhere, and it turns out I'm allergic to horse serum.

Kudos and happy birthday, Scott!

Posted by firefly at February 26, 2009 4:26 PM

Holy crap
Just reading that scared me witless
Glad you are alive and breathing
And what can I say?
Scott is "DA Man"
I have my own "Da Man"
(BTW the DA stands for Damn Awesome)
So I know of which I speak!

Posted by Lisa at February 26, 2009 5:49 PM

Yikes. Scott is fantastic. I'm so very glad you're okay, and Scott was there, and the Vet knew what to do, and you had Benedryl around the house. And hey, now you have a cool new fact about yourself - allergic to an antibiotic.

Happy Birthday, Scott!

Posted by Holly at February 26, 2009 6:51 PM

OK -- first, your hubs is truly awesome.
Second, I have had these reactions to meds and OMG it scares the living crap out of a person.
Third, I haven't laughed that hard in months....sorry!!

Posted by Nicole in WI at February 26, 2009 10:22 PM

a belated Happy Birthday to Scott ( and a big hug for him too)
and a slightly early happy birthday to you with the hope that you will be well enough to enjoy it

and that none of the rest of the family ( all 8 of you - i think there are just the 2 gerbils left?) has decided to try this illness themselves

Posted by Gillian at February 26, 2009 11:49 PM

Happy Birthday to you!

Posted by Tequila Cookie Chris at February 27, 2009 9:55 AM

OMG--I am so glad you are ok. I am allergic to 4 different antibiotics, but so far, only itching and swelling (but my son has anaphylactic food allergies so I know all about the fear--and ER trips).

So very behind in reading but you have a SUPER husband. Does your near death make you Buffy and your hubby your Watcher? ;)

Gotta love these men who will stay up all night (albeit with laptops) just to keep us sane and safe.

Hope your illnesses go the heck away (we're all playing pass the germs here and I'm on round 2 myself ugh)

About to read TGWSS (I know, finally, it's about time, it's been a hell of a year since I got it)

Be well. Sending love & Hugs!

Posted by Angel at March 2, 2009 5:00 AM

omigosh! that was my birthday too. I didn't even kmnow until now that in addition to a visit from my mom (from Florida, I'm in England, thank you husband!) I also got to keep reading the yellow blog. I like the yellow blog so I'm very glad of post-facto releived.

(I am evidently 44 now. All last year I kept thinking I was 42, when I wasn't. It's like these whole 2 years overseas are a time warp.)

Posted by nil zed at March 5, 2009 3:59 PM

Johsilyn,

Just got a last minute plea from our school's speech & debate coach. She needs to know exactly where you were born. Contest judges will find the "Deep South" very romantic but not valid for the competition. Help!

Posted by Kathy at March 6, 2009 10:26 AM