Comments: To and From and Fro and Re:

I know that train trestle! My kids all have at one time or another felt it necessary to tag the trestle. It's a right of passage here. And my name is Catherine! However, I am not nor have I ever been a nun. Still - way to go Cecily!

Posted by Catherine at January 21, 2009 3:08 PM

Oh the drama of animal horkitude! We feed our cat kibbles that match the carpeting. Not on purpose.
Now my son never goes barefoot in the dark anymore, after finding Barfycat's leavings on the stairway late one night. He used words I didn't think he knew and should have had his mouth washed out for. When my heart stopped pounding enough for me to figure out what he was screaming about, I laughed -- into my pillow, because, dude, the kid was really mad and my laughing would not have helped the situation. at. all.
After all these years, the thought of it still makes me laugh. But not in front of the kid. And yes, Barfycat still lives up to his name. I can't wait to get rid of that carpet.

Posted by Lulu at January 21, 2009 7:53 PM

No, actual defcon 11 weirdness would be if a little person came dancing by holding a very small model of Stonehenge WHILE you were approaching defcon 11. Actually, I think carbonated animal spew is defcon 11.

Posted by Roxanne at January 21, 2009 7:58 PM

I love that list, I simply do!

Be safe on your drive home, and do NOT use the force, Luke, it doesn't work in the mountains. I've tried.

Posted by Fran at January 21, 2009 10:42 PM

That list is HILARIOUS! Thanks for sharing!

Posted by Lindsey at January 21, 2009 11:06 PM

Gee, I at first assumed Bagel's foam-barf was the foam stuffing of some prized piece of furniture! Glad I was mistaken.

We used to have a big black cat, weird in many ways, who dripped foam from the mouth when he was over-excited or frightened. Ah, good ol' Foamy, I still miss him sometimes.

Posted by Brigitte at January 22, 2009 5:24 AM

Yay for Spinal Tap references!!

Posted by Jess at January 22, 2009 10:03 AM

I'm really tired, and I just spent ten minutes staring at your fifth paragraph, trying to figure out WHY a cat would be excited by a wet foot. Was this some sort of strange cat fetish, heretofore unknown to me? My cats will sometimes get rub up against my foot, and even bite it, but it's relative wetness doesn't seem to make a difference, one way or t'other. And why would the wet foot make the cat hork?

Then I realized you meant food. All in all, a very entertaining typo.

As for T-Bone, I am going to adopt #83 on that list for my cats. When they are driving me crazy, I will remember that HEY! at least their heads are on forwards and not backwards. And then I will feel better.

Posted by Aimee at January 22, 2009 10:32 AM

I did say I was tired, right? My cats will sometimes rub up against my food, not GET rub up. And ITS relative wetness, not it's. GAH.

Posted by Aimee at January 22, 2009 10:33 AM

I can't get past - You can actually go barefoot in your house?" With TOO MANY pets (lovely pets, yes, but evil) I dare not.

And segues - wow. Those are, uhm, doozies!!!!

And speaking of Cheerios, I think I'm gonna go clean the kitchen counter off and then call it a night.

Posted by Laume at January 23, 2009 4:21 AM

Thanks for being hilarious as always & for a link to the other blog. I love finding additional ways to amuse myself.
Oh, & stepping off the bottom stair right into runny dog-doo on Christmas morning & hopping across to the kitchen sink was THE highlight of my holiday season. Never going barefoot in the dark again. I'll take the foam any day...well I say that, but don't want to jinx it & have it everyday. That would be my luck.
Can't wait for the next book! Have safe travels!

Posted by Amanda at January 23, 2009 11:06 AM

I loved Lydia's list. And I loved the picture of T-Bone even more. I have saved it and will use it as computer wallpaper next December.
--Leslie, in Hiawatha

Posted by Leslie Noon at January 24, 2009 9:42 AM

After two months of being unemployed, and then one month of being emplyed, only to find out late yesterday that the company that employed me had gone belly-up, I read the last couple of entries, and LAUGHED!!!!!!!
You are nothing short of amazing!!!
And I love your books, too.

Posted by Judy at January 24, 2009 11:32 AM

Where can I get these weapons?

"She could shoot holy laser beams of righteous destruction from her eyeballs and insta-burn teenage girls into whimpering cinders of apology and woe.
"

Posted by Cele at January 25, 2009 12:52 AM

I, too, am from Pensacola...it's a wonder that poor trestle hasn't collapsed from the weight of the spray paint over the years. Although I don't remember that particular incident...and I went to that high school.

Posted by Mrs. Who at January 25, 2009 1:58 PM