Comments: Time to Play with Picture Pages

*shudder*, GAUCHOS. I'm convinced they were a plot to trick the already-dorky me into buying them, then instantly declaring they were out of fashion in order to make me DORKIER.

By the way, in that photo, I must say it looks like there's plenty of dorkitude to go around!
;-)

Posted by Brigitte at January 12, 2009 7:05 AM

I love the cover. And I love the book. Love love love.

I hate gauchos. I hated bowl cuts. Hate hate hate.

I like-a YOU.

Posted by nik at January 12, 2009 7:26 AM

Wow. You are a very brave person, posting your childhood dorky picture. My version is at about age 11, at Girl Scout camp, wearing a patchwork print bikini. Yep, standing flat footed, staring straight at the camera, belly pooched out, absolutely nothing keeping the top from sliding up around my neck but wishful thinking.

My Girl Scout camp "name" was Bookworm. I wanted Mustang, but that was taken. Hmmm... my e-mail address is bibliophile - seems I'm still just a grown up version of my 11-year-old dorky self. I can live with that. Now if only I could still wear a bikini.

Posted by Sandi at January 12, 2009 8:56 AM

Love the paperback cover, but am not buying that it's the same pic at the hardback. The leg positioning is different, and I must say, the foot-half-off the rim of the pool in the paperback photo is making me VERY VERY anxious, even though I know how the story turns out!

Posted by RuthWells at January 12, 2009 10:00 AM

Thank you so much for your blog. You make me laugh, and inspire me with every post.

I've nominated you for a Brillante Weblog Award. The post linking to the rules, etc. can be found at http://www.blogspot.quiltinjenny.com.

Thanks again.

Jen

Posted by Jen at January 12, 2009 10:06 AM

Swimming will be the ONLY book I don't have in hardback. When is the NEXT book and NEXT tour? Cause, you always hit Oxford, and I am not 45 minutes from there and probably going to school at Ole Miss. :)

Posted by Heather at January 12, 2009 11:40 AM

I don't think we should let the gouchos hog the spotlight.. what about that George Washington tank top? ; )

If it makes you feel any better, my camp mates posted a picture of me on FB in a white jumpsuit with a double belt. It was awful. Lord, but the 80s were scary.

Posted by Jill W. at January 12, 2009 12:21 PM

OOPS -- I said that wrong -- I meant it is from the same photo SHOOT as the hardback cover.

J

Posted by Joshilyn at January 12, 2009 1:02 PM

Sweetie, I'd be hard pressed to find anyone who was NOT dorky looking in that photo. Yes indeedy, those were the days.....sigh. I've plenty of these ego deflating pics myself. And we are all WAY cooler now.

Posted by kathy at January 12, 2009 1:16 PM

Good luck with your book! You can do it!

I like the paperback cover, but it's NOT the same picture as the hardback. You fib. Her hands and dress and feet are in different positions, and she's wearing a watch and hairband/bracelet. It's fun to see her feet.

Posted by Holly at January 12, 2009 4:49 PM

I loved/hated Thalia so much :D Congrats on the PB, you rockstar, you!

Posted by Heather at January 12, 2009 5:48 PM

I have a picture, scratch that, my mother has a picture that she pulls out on occasion to embarraaaaaaass me and put me on the same plane as everyone else. I was in the 2nd grade and had taken her motherly size bra, put it on, and stuffed it PROUDLY with tp. I was so er, normal.

Posted by Cele at January 12, 2009 5:56 PM

You mentioned Camp Wiregrass. Does that mean you grew up c of C or just went to that camp?

Posted by Sarah at January 12, 2009 9:23 PM

Is that a picture of George Washington on your tank top??

Posted by Wilma at January 12, 2009 11:10 PM

I would have said "the guy with the box on his head" but I guess I missed out on Dork Identification (I only ever went to Girl Scout camp).

All of your books are on Kindle (which I was recently blessed/cursed with as a gift) and may I say, those 10 percent samples rock.

Especially because they have that "buy me" link at the end, so when you can't put the book down, you just hand over some moulah and keep on reading.

Posted by firefly at January 13, 2009 7:02 PM

My camp had a MUCH better name than WIREGRASS. It was Ch-Yo-Ca, therefore, in all of MY camp pictures I only look like half a dork. (That is so not true. . .the camp name is true--but I was a big, big dork and my mother MADE my gauchos--they were not purchased.)

Love the paperback cover. Love the chippy nail polish. Love that you are a real person with dorky photos.

Posted by Roxanne at January 14, 2009 10:41 AM

Huh. I was going to say that the biggest dork was the kid in the foreground, faking a heart attack.

Dang. Guess I don't get my dorkspotting badge yet.

Posted by alala at January 14, 2009 11:15 AM