Comments: The BAD Cat

Better yet, imagine if they had a Mary Poppins version and you could sing "Sister Suffragette" instead. Not as cool not most people, sure but I'd join that band.

Posted by Em at December 28, 2008 1:14 PM

Pfft, I much prefer Dance Dance Revolution, which has the same sort of premise (do what I do, says the screen) but you actually sweat. I've only played it in an arcade though... while holding a baby on my hip.

Posted by Heather Cook at December 28, 2008 4:56 PM

"innate musical talent of a clam" - now there's a phrase I need to remember

Posted by parrotzmom at December 28, 2008 7:00 PM

I have been going into Rock Band withdrawl since my husband and I moved 2 MONTHS ago...blah blah blah apparently the PS3 is at the bottom of the list of things to unpack and set up. Foolish husband. He's going to wake up one morning and find me standing over him on the bed, hollering out the lyrics to Dani California.
*Nods emphatically*

Posted by ellbee at December 29, 2008 9:06 AM

Oh dear. My cat Katie and Boggart are apparently cut from the same cloth. She CANNOT RESIST the plastic pine needles. She lurves 'em. The other day (after we had just finished watching Michael Clayton) my husband decided to reenact that scene in the alley with himself as George Clooney and Katie as Tom Wilkinson. She started chewing on the tree, and he said, "How do I talk to you, Katie? So you hear me? Like a kitten? Like a nut?" At which point I fell off the couch laughing and she ran away.

Hey, at least she didn't give him the evil eye and say, "The last place you want to see me is in court."

Posted by Aimee at December 29, 2008 11:05 AM

Yanno, first thing I thought of when I saw the pic was "Ohh, Rock Band! Nice!" and then you mentioned it and I snorted with laughter for the rest of the post.

I love my Rock Band and Guitar Hero games, but ah, I am of that generation. I rock the bass and the vocals on expert, but guitar and drums I'm only a medium.

And to bring it home, my friend's band on Rock Band is "Massacred by Kittens", which appears to refer to your TREE.

Posted by Jess at December 29, 2008 11:22 AM

I have 2 cats and thought that if I just didn't hang anything on the lower branches the cats wouldn't bother it. HA! boy was I wrong!

Posted by Julie at December 29, 2008 3:00 PM

I always laugh at people who say they love kittens. Because of things like, this morning I found the dish sponge from the sink on the kitchen floor, torn to shreds, with bits all over the place. Yesterday it was a dust filter (also a spongy material) from a space heater. All thanks to the 8-month old teenager hellspawn, Miss Moxie, who also never misses a trick when there's an envelope strip from a Netflix movie.

Grown-up cats have their hangups, but at least they sleep most of the time.

Posted by firefly at December 29, 2008 6:14 PM

Our 14 year old son also received Rock Band for Christmas... Our 6 year old is in LOVE with it. I also have wondered what the 1st grade teacher will think when Lindsay is singing about her "Dirty Litle Secret" next week.

Posted by Rene at December 30, 2008 1:50 AM

I bet the ornaments were mouthy. At our house, the paper towel roll trash talks the cats, and wooOOOooo do they give those mouthy paper towels the What Fer.

Posted by Dory at December 30, 2008 10:15 AM

Awww, kitties and Christmas trees... we had one that would curl up around the center post about halfway up the tree to sleep. I think this is the first year none of our 3 felines have bothered much with the tree.

I have to laugh at Maisy singing Bowie lyrics. I have Guitar Hero to thank for my 9 & 11 yr old boys singing Poison's Talk Dirty To Me.

Posted by Laura at December 30, 2008 1:54 PM

I have a cat that developed a fetish for all throw rugs (bathroom, kitchen, and hallway) while still a kitten. In 4 years, she has never once touched the furniture, couldn't care less about the Xmas trees or ornaments, cannot be bothered to touch food or drink left out, ... but throw rugs, those must be destroyed immediately. If I leave the bathroom door open even a crack while showering, by the time I get out, the rug will have been dragged from the bathroom down the hall to the livingroom where she will have begun her shredding.

Posted by traci at December 30, 2008 9:58 PM

I have a cat I call Pincy, from PNC, for Poory-named cat. My wife didn't like the cat's name when we adopted it from a colleague.

Pincy a glass-fiend. She will approach any unwatched glass and dip of of her paws in it. The previous owner says she is looking for milk, but I think it is a compulsion that can either be overlooked or treated with years of therapy and heavy medication--for me, not the cat.

She also likes to have us watch her eat. I am not sure what that is about, either.

The main reason I am responding, Joshelyn, is that I found your postings by accident as I was looking up the lyrics to Ziggy Stardust. David Bowie brought me to your site.

I will be back.