Comments: The Good Cat

Good lord, woman. YOU WIN AT CHRISTMAS!

So happy for you. :)

Posted by Mir at December 26, 2008 11:29 AM

Yay for you! Clearly, you have been living right and the universe has decided to reward you with the car of your dreams.

Posted by kmkat at December 26, 2008 11:58 AM

Was Nathan about 3 feet tall with pointy ears and green pants?

Posted by Debra at December 26, 2008 1:28 PM

Good for you! That is wonderful. :)

Posted by AJenTooMany at December 26, 2008 1:50 PM

That's excellent. Nothing like a man whispering those four magic words to make your day.

Posted by ccr in MA at December 26, 2008 2:14 PM

Yay for worky cars! (and on sale too!)

Posted by RandomRanter at December 26, 2008 3:03 PM

Alternate title: "When good things happen to good people." I was a little disappointed because I thought it was a surprise and perhaps you just forgot to take the picture with the giant red bow on top. But I love a story of searching and longing with a bonus discount and happy ending! I love your Christmas story. Congratulations on The Good Cat. May it serve you well for many years.

Oh! I just thought of a bonus bonus. You got such a great deal PLUS it is a hybrid so there is the fuel savings and probably a tax break or something. You probably just received money to take away the car of your dreams. Yeah!

Posted by Em at December 26, 2008 3:24 PM

Yay for you! My question is how on God's green earth did you manage to eek out $1200 for Ding Dong Devil Van?

Posted by liz at December 26, 2008 8:41 PM

WOOHOO! Congrats on the new vee-hicle ;-)
Also? "engine would stop enginging." - love ;)

Posted by Heather at December 27, 2008 12:35 AM

Wow, you really are a MOST awesome writer! You have made me verklempt with the happy ending of a CAR story! :-D

I once had a ginormous old 70's brown car that would keep running herkily-jerkily for several minutes AFTER you turned it off and pulled out the key. I started calling it "Christine". Luckily LONG gone now.

Posted by Brigitte at December 27, 2008 6:58 AM

I bet you made Nathan's commission earning day!

Posted by mom, again at December 27, 2008 6:46 PM

Wow, sure beats my new laptop ... even though it's red.

Posted by Patti at December 27, 2008 8:43 PM

I lover that colour....vesuvisus. And now your safe mommy rating will skyrocket. How did you get that good of a trade in?

Posted by Cele at December 28, 2008 12:00 PM

Okay. . .that has got to be one of the AWESOMEST car buying stories EVER!!!!! Ever. I'm wondering if Nathan even REMOTELY knows that manner of cool to whom he was selling that vehicle. Will Rose be driving an autumn leaf orange Vue Hybrid in your new book? Will her hero's name be Nathan?

Posted by Roxanne at December 28, 2008 8:27 PM

*clapping*

Yay for sunroof-less orange safety.

Posted by Lisa at December 29, 2008 9:31 AM

Yay! What a great story, with a superbly happy ending. That orange is the EXACT shade of the orange van that my best friend's parents used to drive, and I have many happy memories of singing camp songs in the back of that thing. Yay orange!

Posted by Aimee at December 29, 2008 11:11 AM

You are going to LOVE that car. I had an older Vue (may it RIP) and absolutely adored it. I miss it. :( Enjoy that present!!

Posted by Julie at December 29, 2008 2:57 PM

The good cat = the car that was meant to be.
What a wonderful story!

Posted by Rompompom at December 30, 2008 9:36 AM

Fantastic story - tragedy, comedy, dramatic tension - I can see it being a winner at Sundance.
Congratulations to you!!!
PS Unsure if in the film version you drive all the way to Marietta to take Nathan a plate of thank you cookies and they say "Nathan? We never had anyone who worked for us named Nathan..."

Posted by Elizabeth J at December 30, 2008 12:03 PM

Best car shopping experience EVAR. (Except for that whole van falling apart thing...)

Now I am quite envious. It's a good thing Christmas is over now so Santa can't see my jealousy.

What? Everyone knows he's on vacation right now...

Posted by erinanne at December 31, 2008 6:37 PM

holy lord, this story just salvaged a really big bummer of an evening. And the single line "Scott got an office chair" absolutely cliniched it. Instead of self pity over having to wait for two clinics to finish posting charges for 2008, I'm laughing away in my cubicle. Thank you !!!

Posted by eden at December 31, 2008 10:28 PM