Comments: The Winged and One-Horned (And Wholly Mythological) FAQ

There, there, pretty tulip. At least you got one FAQ done ... so it's not a mythical monster anymore. I'm sure 2009 will bring another great Vue color for you.

Posted by Mit at December 16, 2008 8:50 AM

I KNOW I'm stressed, but "I HATE IT IN THE GUTS" struck me as incredibly funny. It is now my catch-phrase of the day, as it describes *perfectly* how I feel about trying to get an entire quarter's-worth of lesson planning and prepping done for FOUR high school science classes since I'll be home on maternity leave starting sometime in January.

Too bad I can't use it in front of the students.

Posted by Damsel at December 16, 2008 10:05 AM

You so put your finger on both the GOOD thing about how-to writing books, and the BAD thing. Like novel-writing how-to books, screenwriting how-to books are a dime a dozen. What a select few have helped me and my husband do, though, is to help us figure out OUR method of writing. There are little bits of lots of different things in there, but the way we do it is OUR way, not anybody else's. And that is the only way to do it. Nobody else's way will work. You have to find your way.

I love the Lamott and King books, just as books but also as books about writing. My single favorite book about writing EVER, though, is "Writing Down the Bones."

Posted by Aimee at December 16, 2008 10:35 AM

Have faith! I'll bet you can go to all the near-by Saturn dealers and buy out their supply of "touch-up" paint. You can get BOTH colors so you can change your color as often as you change your mind!!

Posted by Rebecca at December 16, 2008 11:03 AM

Mental health is overrated. Sane is too boring.

Posted by Lia at December 16, 2008 12:14 PM

I can only hope that if and when it is done this FAQ is also purple, cyclopean, and has a taste for those annoying folks who can't properly dispose of their trash..

Posted by Dani at December 16, 2008 1:21 PM

Did I mention that I am wearing pink socks RIGHT THIS SECOND????? WHILE I'm reading the mythical FAQ????

Posted by Roxanne at December 16, 2008 2:14 PM

Love those books on writing, but also also love Margaret Atwood's 'Negotiating with the Dead', if you have a free afternoon in the next ...um... decade (that's possible, right?) you might like to give it a look.
Joining the parade of people who are sure that the Saturn hybrids of '09 will have nice color choices, just for you.
Here's hoping the ding dong devil van (which has just automagically written itself a jingle in my brain, thanks Joss) doesn't take all the hating personally and conk out on you in the meantime.

Posted by Rompompom at December 16, 2008 5:47 PM

Okay, you're darn funny! (That means I'm coming back.)

Posted by Wendy at December 17, 2008 12:48 AM

OOH. The VUE. I drove the new one for a BlogHer thing- the one that's not even on the market yet... maybe by the time it is, you can find an Earl Sheib place. ( remember those old commercials, "I'll paint any car for 99.95)
Well it's now 359.99, but still...)

Posted by Linda Sands at December 18, 2008 5:35 AM

you are done FAQ-ing per me. 1 question and answer satisfies the definition.

as for the Saturn, be careful, I hear the entire marque (as they call car brands here in the UK) may go the way of the dodo. Too many people never understood the wonderfulness of Saturn. My extremely frugal and statistically minded spouse declared them to be under appreciated and therefore underpriced wonders. Which is why we were able to afford them in multiples.

Before moving here, we owned 5. Not all at once. Though there were 3 at one time. My daughter was hoping for a car, so begged us to look at Toyota's as our driveway 'looked like a used Saturn lot'. I went to the Toyota place, said, "I have $x dollars cash, what is the best used car on your lot for that price?" (then I said, no, I do not want to talk about credit, I have that much cash, period.' Then I said 'don't hassle me, I'm paying cash, do you want it or not?') Then they (finally) said, "Actually, we just took this Saturn in on a trade...". Ha! I said to daughter! And truthfully, that one, being a 'sport coupe' with leather seats and CD player was the nicest one we ever bought. too bad she totalled it 12 weeks later.

Sadly, none of the 5 were hybrid vue's. Wagons, Coupes and Sedans, but no van-like, suv-like or convertables. I was hoping for a hybrid vue when we move back next year. The perfect mom-car IMO. I hope they remain in production. In any color.

Posted by nil zed at December 19, 2008 2:53 PM