Comments: Natural Sleep, THE MYTH EXPOSED

ROFL! Oh Joss, I haven't laughed that hard in quite a while - and this is in a public place no less :P Thanks for that! I totally understand the misadventures in sleep, and wish you much better luck in the future!

Posted by Heather at December 10, 2008 5:48 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does that not count as TWO of Boggart's nine lives used up over a lowly piece of plastic string? He's a very lucky cat. In your situation, I might have killed him eight times, REVIVED him eight times, and then killed him for GOOD.

I hope that with Scott back you can sleep tonight.

Posted by Aimee at December 10, 2008 6:20 PM

My dog and cat sleep on their own level of the house. It's for their own good. Really.

Posted by JulieB at December 10, 2008 7:31 PM

Oh my, I laughed so hard I dare not tell you. Thank you so much for the continuing adventures of Boggert. Sorry you had to be involved, but I'm glad you could talk about it...

Posted by jen at December 10, 2008 8:32 PM

OH my. You had me at “BOGGART AND THE PIECE OF PLASTIC STRING: AN INTERPRETIVE KILLING DANCE."

Posted by RuthWells at December 10, 2008 9:40 PM
Posted by jenn at December 10, 2008 9:41 PM

Oops, was trying to say SNORT!!!

Posted by jenn at December 10, 2008 9:42 PM

I selflessly took your sleeplessness last night, falling into blissful slumber right around 6 in the morning, with a 7:10 alarm, so I hope you enjoyed sleeping.

And if we both didn't sleep, then I'm willing to traipse all the way across the country with my own little bit of furry demon and see if, when introduced to yours, they both magically explode into kitty nothingness, allowing us both one half of a good night's sleep.

Seriously, your doctor prescribed belladonna? I can't decide if that's beyond cool or just strange. I'm opting for cool, since you are inherently cool.

Posted by Fran at December 10, 2008 10:29 PM

Oh my word. That is your funniest post in a long time (which is saying something, as they're mostly all very very very funny)!

You had me at "...but you probably do not remember."

Hysterical, Joss. Thank you!

Posted by Erin at December 10, 2008 11:24 PM

I've really been pestering my husband about getting a cat. After reading your Boggart stories I'm getting hesitant.

Posted by nik at December 11, 2008 1:59 AM

Oh My God!!! I'm unable to sleep tonight too but am laughing my 'great white way' a** off. Thanks!

Posted by pam at December 11, 2008 4:57 AM

I enjoyed the "raccoon with an inexplicable food and no washing pan" part. I've done that with electronic things a few times!

Posted by Brigitte at December 11, 2008 5:15 AM

Poor Joss. I managed to sleep for two nights straight but then last night, zilch. Back to the up every hour and hazy sleep pattern.

I hate Thursdays. >.<

But on the bright side, you do make me laugh out loud which I hear is good for me.

Posted by Jess at December 11, 2008 10:39 AM

Not sure if this is the same forma as what you have been taking but, also for the curious, belladonna is also a homeopathic remedy for migraine headaches.

Posted by Trace at December 11, 2008 2:20 PM

I will not sleep tonight laughing from this post! I thought whiny sleepless dogs were bad - but cats clawing sleepless cheeks is cruelty beyond measure!

Posted by Chris at December 11, 2008 4:21 PM

I have moved to the UK. We bought a UK clock. It is preprogrammed to receive BBC Radio 1 through BBC Radio 7, plus about 10 more non-BBC radio stations. I thought this would be cool, as then I could look at the screen & know what I was listening too. (stations here are not so devoted to formats, and often appear multiple places on the dial, so after 18 months, my ability to locate a desired station when desired was, nil.)

Anyway, the multi-button pushing and holding process for turning on the radio and setting the alarm and choosing a station for the current moment was so complex that I managed to enter the code for 'delete all pre-sets' before I even knew it existed. Thereby negating my entire 40 pount (80 dollar!) clock radio purchase.

I finally found an acceptable station and never bothered attempting to reset any. I managed to set the alarm also. Discovered then that when the radio is on, you have to hit a combo of buttons to see the time instead of the radio setting. It is not a permanent adjustment, but must be done every time the radio is turned on. Or, the clock radio alarm.

So, I have a very expensive clock radio that only recieves one station and doesn't tell me the time unless I am not listening to the radio.

The wonders of modern, digital design. they suck.

Posted by mom, again at December 11, 2008 4:28 PM

Pox on natural sleep - get thyself some AMBIEN!

Posted by Nelson's Mama at December 11, 2008 4:42 PM

Okay, I have officially peed my pants. Just a little. My solutions for sleeplessness: 1. Banish the pets from the bedroom. After a week or so, they'll stop scratching at the door all night. 2. Microwaved rice bag (fabric bag full of, yes, rice) draped over my side. It's warm, it's heavy, it's soothing. Add a little lavender if you like. 3. Never, ever think about anything real once your feet leave the floor. No work, no kids, no finances, just happy little fantasies, rating of your choice.
Now I'm off to perform an interpretive reading of your post...

Posted by Sandi at December 11, 2008 9:33 PM

Oh, Joshilyn. Sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but that was hilarious. Of course, the fact that our cats do the exact same thing, usually on nights when we most need sleep, adds a bit to the humor.

Posted by Caryn Caldwell at December 12, 2008 12:44 PM

Antlers! Eyes on stalks!

I was wondering why the top of my head felt bare this morning.

You are so funny and wonderful.

Posted by Cornelia Read at December 12, 2008 1:01 PM

Alarm clocks with snooze buttons are evil.

Posted by ibobunot at December 19, 2008 10:57 PM