Comments: What I Did on my Winter Vacation (So Far)

One of these days I hope to make it to New York.

Posted by Travis Erwin at November 18, 2008 11:49 AM

Thought of you today. You being The Blog, because I don't really know You... Anywhoo, Neil Patrick Harris was on Sesame Street. Yes, Sesame Street. Playing some kind of shoe fairy. Yes shoe-fairy. Wearing a silvery white suit and feathery wings. Yes, I know! Bizarre, but he's even good on S.S.

Posted by Traci in GA at November 18, 2008 11:54 AM

Aw, you're right in my new NYC neighborhood! When I actually lived in New York I was an Upper West girl, but now that I bogart my SIL's unused-on-weekends apartment on visits, I'm an Upper Easter -- about 1.5 blocks from Elaine's. If you have time, have a meal at Cafe D'Alsace on 2nd near 89th. YUM.

Posted by RuthWells at November 18, 2008 12:18 PM

if you want the real story on rats in NYC read Kiki Strike: Inside the Shadow City. and, as it's meant for tweens, you can read it after several filthy martinis.

Posted by debra at November 18, 2008 1:25 PM

pathword, I know not this game...

uh-oh, now I do

Posted by mom, again at November 18, 2008 5:45 PM

My dearest, sweetest, most favorite-est authoress in the whole wide world,

How many of those dirty martinis did you have? After reading that 6th paragraph (yes, I counted the single sentence as a paragraph) I'd say you certainly had plenty. :) Those big ol' rats must have had you mighty rattled. Bless your heart.

Posted by Debra at November 18, 2008 6:09 PM

Rats the size of possums? Surely you exagerate? I actually find them sort of cute, but an R.O.U.S. like that would freak me out!

Posted by Paige Ridley at November 18, 2008 7:03 PM

I'm just grateful you have not shot all your characters dead and said The End ...

Posted by Marty at November 18, 2008 10:18 PM

So. . .how'd you do on pathwords?

Posted by Fran at November 18, 2008 11:35 PM

What Fran said/asked.

Posted by Deborah P at November 19, 2008 10:01 AM

What Fran said/asked.

Posted by Deborah P at November 19, 2008 10:02 AM

What Fran said (asked).

Posted by Deborah P at November 19, 2008 10:02 AM

Yikes! NOW I understand why I got the message that I'd submited too many comments in too short a time. So sorry.

Posted by Deborah P at November 19, 2008 10:03 AM

At the risk of being labeled the crazy rat lady.... I've had numerous pet rats. The thing with them is that they'd much rather avoid any kind of confrontation and are scurrying away because they are scared of you. I know that probably doesn't help since they tell me the same thing about spiders and I still freak out.

Posted by Laura L at November 19, 2008 12:06 PM

Ruthwells, I love Cafe D'Alsace! It's yummy...

I vow this is my first and last walk-up. Apartment hunting here was a total nightmare, to say the least. I saw about 15 places in three days and just couldn't take it anymore.

Joss is gone and we ("we" being me, New York, and its lone--but substantial--rat) miss her already.

Posted by Karen Abbott at November 19, 2008 12:53 PM

Joss-how do I get that cookie to you? Put it in the slot where I usually put my software CD's and it will magically transport to you? Hope this means a debut at MMH in early 2009.

Posted by Bridget at November 19, 2008 4:41 PM

Fran and Deborah P -- she's at 1690 on Pathwords (or nearly triple my fluke-high and 500 above the brilliant poet Dorianne Laux) but should ought to really be over on WordTwist, where the real challenges lie...

Posted by rams at November 19, 2008 7:46 PM

allworkandnoplaymakesjossadullgirlallworkandnoplaymakesjossadullgirlallworkandnoplaymakesjossadullgirl

Posted by Brigitte at November 20, 2008 5:35 AM

Okay, so I have to ask, what is the upper half of the fourth floor? Now back to writing.

Posted by Cele at November 21, 2008 1:01 AM

I am thoroughly addicted to Pathwords. And Bubblewords is a close second. It's scary!

Posted by gina at November 22, 2008 2:04 AM