Comments: Double the Fictional Doom

No, you are not taking my ring! I found it on my birthday, it's my birthday prestent,it is! My preciousssss!

Posted by Paige Ridley at November 14, 2008 5:16 PM

I firmly believe that every single book I write ought to stop on page 300 and just end with "and they all die." To be followed by the author bio that says, "And then Toni discovered the secret margarita recipe that made her skinny and tall and twenty years younger. At least, that's what she believes, we think, according to the note she left behind."

Posted by toni mcgee causey at November 14, 2008 5:50 PM

We'll be waiting in Shire.

Posted by Lisa Milton at November 14, 2008 6:36 PM

BARN SOUR?????

Posted by rams at November 14, 2008 9:03 PM

Me-thinks that is a leeeeeetle creepy for sure. Yipers. And also egads.

(“The Huns felt a mild interest in overrunning China.” HYSTERICAL. And you are totally rubbing off, 'cause I told my 8th graders today that I had borked the test, and they said, "HUH????")

Posted by Roxanne at November 14, 2008 9:14 PM

Hope Frodo still has the ring!

Posted by Lauri at November 14, 2008 10:31 PM

Toni, I want some of that secret margarita!

And neither of you, Peach and Toni, get to end your books that way. Nope. Sorry.

But if a trip to New York while the Eye of Sauron watches you try on shoes will make you happy, I say go for it!

Posted by Fran at November 15, 2008 12:41 AM

Too bad you can't have a goat and a cat tag along on your NY adventure!

And where's a hobbit when you need one? Eeek!

Posted by Brigitte at November 15, 2008 6:47 AM

Yikes! I may have to run and have second breakfast.

Posted by Shannon at November 15, 2008 7:29 AM

I thought it looked like a black kitty cat sitting on a fuzzy red rug...but that's the Charlie Brown in me. :)

Posted by Beth at November 15, 2008 10:30 AM

I have to say, when I pulled up this post, the ACTUAL Sauron picture was...er...below the fold, so to speak. And I saw the really-for-true-from-space one and immediately thought, "Why does Joss have a picture of Sauron up?"

So clearly...the end of the world is upon us.

Posted by Erin at November 15, 2008 11:03 AM

If you are going to end it like Titus Andronicus, then make sure there is plenty of limb-lopping before you destroy everyone in the fire. My vague memory is that virtually everyone loses a limb in that play...

Posted by Jill W. at November 15, 2008 11:25 AM

Does anyone else find it odd that you are thining about Texas whilst in Manhattan?

Posted by JulieB at November 15, 2008 11:42 AM

Does anybody else think this looks like the invisible man with the cool shades laying on his back. I'm way to old.

Posted by Marty at November 15, 2008 6:31 PM

I've been listening to "Interred with their Bones", and she mentions Titus, too. That's a play that shows the perils of writing after opening bills or stepping on the scale. Geez, never ask if things can't get any worse...

Posted by Diane (TT) at November 16, 2008 2:36 PM

Yea!! NYC is better for having you in it.
Hope you get to see Gypsy. It was AMAZING. And/or Ave Q given your feeling about puppets and naughty.
Glad drafting is almost done, cuz then we're that much closer to having the next book! Wheee! and thanks.

Posted by Elizabeth J at November 17, 2008 10:45 AM

Pshaw! I do not worry about the Eye of Sauron. Viggo Mortensen will save us.

Posted by Aimee at November 17, 2008 10:47 AM