Comments: The Blog is GO.

Thunderbirds are GO!

Posted by Bob at October 10, 2008 2:29 PM

The Book is Go => TBig?
Or you could take Texas Red Rose, drop the Texas, keep the general locale, and have Southern Red Rose => SRR. We could all tip our hats to Sirr and be very polite around your upstanding, gentlemanly book. Or Amarillo Red Rose, and we can all talk like pirates?

Posted by Holly at October 10, 2008 3:11 PM

I'm glad your eyes flipped around for a happy picture, 'cause that one is precious. I love that all are holding hands. The fam is go!

Posted by Sarah S. at October 10, 2008 3:24 PM

...you're writing about Amarillo?? COOL. I lived very near there 'til I was 12.

I like Holly's idea: TBig! Texas likes things big anyway and we'll all start saying things are GO! in solidarity.

Posted by el-e-e at October 10, 2008 3:26 PM

I love Holly's idea of "TBig." That is fabulous. How about a play on a fav Texas song...Deep In The Heart of Joshilyn's Head or DITHOJH? Or DITHOJB (B for Brain)? But it just doesn't flow off the tongue like TBig, though.

Posted by Elise at October 10, 2008 3:43 PM

I like TBig, too.

Posted by Jill W. at October 10, 2008 3:56 PM

uh....BNF-book number four?

Cause I'm not as creative as you. But I'm good at counting.

Posted by carrien (she laughs at the days) at October 10, 2008 5:24 PM

amarillo angst?

Posted by parrotzmom at October 10, 2008 5:39 PM

Yellow Rose Red. That way, you have a Texas reference. And colors!

Posted by JulieB at October 10, 2008 5:53 PM

*wheedling* maybe if you give us more hints about the book, we can come up with an appropriate name!

Posted by Carrie (in MN) at October 10, 2008 6:17 PM

All my son's drawn people have great big smiles, too, even the pirates and bad guys. I love that everyone is happy in his pictures. It makes me feel like I must be doing lots right, even on the less-than-perfect days, if he sees the world as full of happy people. When he draws himself, that smile is always huge, too.

I have no suggestions on the book acronym. All my brain cells have been sucked up by the soon-to-be-born child.

Posted by amy at October 10, 2008 6:27 PM

Hey. . .you KNOW. . .if you DO call it Amarillo Rose Red, then it would, indeed, be "Yellow Rose Red" since Amarillo MEANS yellow in Spanish AND would be a nod to "the yellow rose of Texas" AND to the town in which it is set. . .

Posted by Roxanne at October 10, 2008 11:03 PM

Boo-Yah.

Posted by Roxanne at October 10, 2008 11:03 PM

No matter what you call it, I HAVE to have a copy.
I have almost finished "gods in Alabama"...and "Between, Georgia" is here and ready for me to begin soon...still have yet to get "the girl who stopped swimming"...but as soon as I can find it here in New Zealand, it will be mine. You have me, a-former-Marietta-resident-Regions-Bank-Buckhead- teller, now living in Auckland, New Zealand, HOOKED big time!! GO, girl!

Posted by Marley at October 11, 2008 3:33 AM

I like both Tbig and Yellow Rose Red (for all the reasons stated above). Also Tbig is just fun to say and Yellow Rose Red would be Yrr, which could be like talking like a pirate.

So, I vote for both.

The fence sitter,
Deborah P

Posted by Deborah P at October 13, 2008 10:24 AM

Yellow Rose Red + Amarillo Rose Red = YRR ARR which sounds vury much like Joss Whedon's Grr Arr. then Maisy can draw a logo for you.

Posted by debra at October 13, 2008 2:13 PM

Ah, the eye-flipping brain panorama. Makes me think of the episode of Spongebob wherein Plankton takes over Spongebob's head with a robotic control.

Spongebob's eyes flip around inside to look at his brain, and when he sees Plankton, he shouts, LEAVE MY BRAIN ALONE!

There's even a t-shirt for that one.

Posted by firefly at October 13, 2008 6:24 PM

I vote for

ARR....Amarillo Rose Red

and then we can all say it with feeling...likeke pirates, ala Johnny Depp by way of Keith Richards

ARR

and when we are feeling feisty we can add more "r's" for good measure

ARRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Posted by Lisa at October 13, 2008 8:18 PM

Hard to think of titles when have no idea what book is about.....so how about Go Rose? Seriously though, I have absolute faith that when you are ready to name the book, the name will be there for you. Don't know much about book writing, but if you are swarming in your head with good plot ideas, seems that's more important right now than giving that book a title. In the meantime, we could call it SABUC Stunningly Awesome Book Under Construction. GO Joshilyn! Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Posted by blairzoo at October 13, 2008 9:04 PM