Comments: Hi. I'm a MAC. And I'm a PC. (Edit: and He's Damien Lewis)

I LOVE the new PC ad! I am a grad student and nearly everyone in my program has Macs, but I have a PC. I feel like this ad was created for me in retribution for all those Mac users who mock my lovely PC laptop! I like my PCs! I love my laptop! So there!!!

Anyway. Yes. Love that ad. It makes me feel so happy and proud to be a PC.

Posted by Erin at September 29, 2008 9:45 AM

I had the same reaction to the mojave ads. When I saw these new ones, I thought someone was finally paying attention. Now all they need is Adam and Jamie blowing up a Mac :)

Posted by Laura L at September 29, 2008 10:24 AM

I'm a Mac girl myself (who has a soft spot for Bill G), but these ads are LOVELY and yes - the connection to BoomDeYaDa is right on. Makes me wonder if Mac will have to cease with their campaign, since basically M'soft is putting themselves on a higher (moral?) plane with these new ones.

Posted by el-e-e at September 29, 2008 10:35 AM

Great post-- I hate that Mojave commercial, too. Espeically when the one guy says something along teh lines of "I guess you just have to know how to use it " in a way that suggests that the problem with Vista is our (the users) own fault and we are so very sorry to have offended then, Oh Mighty Microsoft.

The new PC commerical is much better.

Posted by Jill W. at September 29, 2008 10:47 AM

I hadn't seen that ad before - the marketing people finally got it right!

Hope you're feeling better!

Posted by Holly at September 29, 2008 11:09 AM

I'm a Mac myself - have been apple since the early 80s. The ads with Jerry and Bill were awful and beyond, but I do very much like the new PC ads.

Posted by Kristen at September 29, 2008 11:38 AM

Dude, I feel the need to point out that those PC commercials were made on Macs. Yes.

We ARE jeans and ease and geek-chic. Come to the dark side. ;)

Posted by Mir at September 29, 2008 11:39 AM

Hmph, your blog ate my link. Here 'tis: http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2008/09/22/im-a-pc-made-on-a-mac.aspx

Posted by Mir at September 29, 2008 11:40 AM

But you can't play DECENT GAMES on a MAC, dude. Minesweeper anyone? BLEH! PC forever.

Also, I am uptight!

Posted by joshilyn at September 29, 2008 1:44 PM

I thought it was cool too. We have a PC just 'cause that's what we have, and I hated always being the one in "sensible shoes."

Posted by Roxanne at September 29, 2008 1:44 PM

Well it's about time- nice commercial.
But not for me-I just threw away a laptop and am ready to junk the Dell PC which is more trouble than it's worth...all because I am so so so so so in love with my Macbook and my I-Mac and my 3 i-pods and my i-touch.
Macs are simple to use, look better, act faster and kinda make you feel smart when you see that the people who could choose any computer in the world have chosen Mac too.
If people love their other Apple products so much, what is keeping them from the computer? Is it the cost?

Posted by lindasands at September 29, 2008 2:10 PM

Well, what's keeping me from a Mac is that my boss got me a PC. I'm all Mac at home, and it really is easier to use.

And, as the young man in the ad said, so thoughtfully designed. Now, if they could just make them more recyclable...

Not that I have an obsession or anything.

Posted by Diane (TT) at September 29, 2008 2:19 PM

Saw that add this weekend with some Mac users and even they were impressed. (They're in advertising.) We all liked it... it's about time!

Posted by justAcliche at September 29, 2008 3:04 PM

Have you seen the Jerry Seinfeld slash Bill Gates PC commercials? They make absolutely NO SENSE at ALL, but are very enjoyable.

Posted by Mel at September 29, 2008 3:31 PM

try the south park version:

i'm still giggling....

Posted by the planet of janet at September 29, 2008 5:32 PM

Haha so the commercial was good, but Mir's comment was teh awesome ;)

Posted by Heather at September 29, 2008 6:09 PM

Yeah! And there's a facebook group, too.

Why are we not mac people, if we can be anything? Well, I grew up a mac person and I remember using my first PC with windows at work and feeling like--hey! this thing is right handed! I'm not confused anymore!

I still sit in front of a mac and have to think too much about where things are.

Posted by dynagirl at September 29, 2008 6:37 PM

I'm a PC because I'm old, and I learned on PC and there's something out there about new tricks, and frankly, I'm not up for it.

Besides, my resident geek knows PC, not Mac, and one does not challenge the resident geek if one is addicted to one's laptop (and I am).

Posted by Fran at September 29, 2008 10:31 PM

I just thought I'd point out, in case anyone didn't know:

The guy who plays PC in the Mac/PC ads is John Hodgman. He is a writer. He really is just about the funniest person ever.

I especially like his work on This American Life.

Posted by Jason at September 30, 2008 3:01 AM

I am a Mac, a very newly converted Mac, and to respond to one of the other comments--you CAN'T play cool games, unless you know how to play chess (that's the one that came with my Mac Book Pro, though I'm told that the desktops have more selection_. However, that is the ONLY thing I don't like about my Mac.

It is good that the PC ads are catching up to Macs--and if you've ever seen the other commercial with the same people, you will notice it's a WOMAN in the shark cage, which is EVEN COOLER!

Posted by Kate at September 30, 2008 10:16 AM

I love my Mac leopard ALMOST as much as I ADORE Damien Lewis! Hands down my favorite show (of the three (no kidding) I watch).

Posted by Rikki at September 30, 2008 8:56 PM

I'm i-lingual; both macs and pc's, but I still laugh out loud at the Mac commercials and it's so nice to laugh at SOMETHING these days! The new pc ads are nice, but still missing something ... maybe it's music! Can they borrow the boom-de-ada, boom-de-ada?

Posted by Marty at September 30, 2008 9:31 PM

I am a Gemini. All about duality. Perhaps that's why I can say "I am both." Or perhaps it's b/c Macs made computers accessible to me (an "artiste") and actually like technology. But I've got a PC at work and tend to think two are better than one (when it comes to skills).

Jerry & Bill were funny together but I had the same reaction as an earlier commenter: what was the point?

But the new I'm a PC commercial is brilliant. *Some*body's going to get a bonus even in this economic free fall.

But most of all, I love Damian Lewis too and am glad Life is back.

Posted by Elizabeth J at October 1, 2008 11:45 AM

I have long since made my peace with being the dorky moon-faced guy in a suit. My PC is my job, and when I sit down at my step-mother's Mac, I just can't take it seriously, it's like candy for breakfast. All those cutesy colors and scampery animations make me wonder how Mac people ever get anything done.

Posted by alala at October 5, 2008 5:04 PM