Comments: Notes from the Doom-Bed

So glad you are feeling better, Joshilyn. If for nothing else than to stop having to eat gravel, I mean Kashi vive. Thanks to Maisy the Magnificent for not impaling the cat and for hopefully, pointing to my name! I'll be waiting on pins and needles (well, not really, there IS a lot of excellent college football on today - Auburn, LSU, etc)for the email re-coded by Brilliant Mr. Husband...who works on the weekends, too!

Maybe you should have saved the tie to give as a consolation prize? Then again, maybe not.

Stay well!

Posted by Elise at September 27, 2008 9:04 AM

Maisy is darling...

Posted by Lisa Milton at September 27, 2008 10:45 AM

Can't wait, am pressing "refresh" on email every five minutes. And NOT because I'm avoiding editing either!

Ok. That's a lie.

Posted by Heather Cook at September 27, 2008 1:16 PM

this is the first time I've been able to read in blogdom all week and I get the joy and discomboobulation of a sick Joss. Get better girlfriend and take some echineasia

Posted by Cele at September 27, 2008 1:31 PM

Do you realize that today (9/27) is National
A Bunnies Day? (well, national rabbit day, but i can never say that plain ole word anymore.

I'll be watching for my winning mail, but I bet that since I answered you so early, my name was way up in the corner of a page and didn't get stabbed. *sigh*

Posted by Sequana at September 27, 2008 3:56 PM

You have GOT to stop feeling sick so very frequently girl! Oh, is it just that time zips by so quickly that it seems frequently. Even if infrequently - STOP IT!

Loved the little photo story of Paper, pricker, and pussycats. I was gonna shorten that last word but somehow that looked very, very wrong and SPAM-ish in print.

Posted by Laume at September 27, 2008 4:28 PM

OH -- the mail list is now in alphabetical order so WHEN you sent in had no bearing on page placement. ALSO -- there was some SERIOUS stabbing afield going on. Twice she missed the papers altogether and stabbed sidecarpet. It was as random as humanly and felinely possible. The main issue is, HUNDREDS of names, ten prizes.

Posted by Joshilyn at September 27, 2008 5:12 PM

Hahaha.....I'm quite certain I won't be one of the winners, but most times, reading your blog is a prize in and of itself. I find I often have to read your posts to friends of mine who don't (can you imagine??) get online and read blogs!!! Sometimes I laugh so hard when reading your posts to them that they ask what the heck I'm SAYING and what the heck is SO funny. But.....I know you're funny, so that's all that matters!

Glad you saved the cat from a rather prickly situation!

Posted by Pat at September 27, 2008 9:57 PM

I have no chance of winning any prizes as I didn't know about it in time to get on the list. But I must agree with Pat. Your blog is a prize-a real treat that never fails to put a smile on my face. I love going through the archives.

Your daughter and kitties are adorable!

Posted by garnet4earth at September 28, 2008 10:38 AM

So, I know that you live in the South and therefore have no recycling (and fabric recycling is only available in a few places even in the North), but SINCE you are in the South, there is also a huge number of church youth groups. All of this is about the landfilling of the tie - which hit me in the eyeball, which goes to show that You Never Know what people are going to react to.

Perhaps there is a youth group in your area that makes ugly quilts for the homeless, and could use any future ties that must be discarded.

And you and Maisy are both adorable and I'm glad the cats remained puncture-free and I hope that you feel better soon!

Posted by Diane (TT) at September 28, 2008 12:43 PM

OMG woman you has de funnies here! This post made me laugh out loud more than once, even though I am at work on a Sunday slaving away on an extra-huge, extra-rush, high-priority and high-visibility project that is making me nauseous if I stop to think about it all. Gah.

Thanks so much for the narrative and photos and everything. I needed that.

Also? Am so glad you are feeling better. And more also? Cheers for the superhusband! And kids and cats!

Posted by Lulu at September 28, 2008 1:19 PM

Ah, the universal law of cat/paper attraction! Our kitty actually hoards the paper by gathering it all up under him. Then he rips and bites it. I took pictures of him doing it, just in case the kids need proof that their cat ate their homework.

Glad you're feeling better. I sure hope it wasn't anything like the stomach bug going around my area!

Posted by Laura L at September 28, 2008 6:09 PM

I enjoyed the post so much that by the end I'd forgotten you'd been sick. Hope you're on the mend.

Posted by JulieB at September 28, 2008 10:00 PM

I agree with Julia...you do come up with terribly funny posts when you're ill. Or perhaps that's the Benadryl talking?? Whatever it is...don't stop!

Posted by Tammy at September 28, 2008 10:37 PM

Starvation and meds do make for funny posts. And didn't I warn you about the dangers of blindfolded, dizzy children with pointy sticks?

I was reading a book recently that mentioned this site: http://www.moniquemotil.com/sartcre.html - the critters on there made me think of some zombie version of your fox doll. *I* was amused, anyway.

Posted by Brigitte at September 29, 2008 6:25 AM

I'm very glad Schubert's other eye didn't get poked. What is it with cats and paper? I'm a crossword fanatic, and all of my crossword books have bite marks in them. Weird little creatures, they are.

Posted by Aimee at September 29, 2008 10:45 AM

That second picture is priceless -- you can almost hear OH CRAP when you see it.

I have a cat who so has to be in the middle of everything he is known as The Supervisor. Has jumped into the washer and the dryer (fortunately not when operating) and would like to get in the dishwasher except for that spiny-looking rack thing in there.

He's why we just gave up and started keeping the toilet lid closed in between visits.

Posted by firefly at October 1, 2008 5:23 PM