Comments: Cooked

The fruit ring thingy turned out lovely! I do adore that husband of yours. I snorted at that picture... also, genius tying a ribbon on your french doors! Glad the shower went off without a hitch.

Posted by jenn at September 21, 2008 7:11 PM

The fruit ring is indeed gorgeous. Even without the special goggles I'm sure people couldn't look away.

As for cooking, I'm still rather hopeless, but almost all my best recipes have come from internet sites. If it weren't for the internet, I'm not sure I'd ever be able to make dinner.

Posted by Caryn Caldwell at September 21, 2008 7:15 PM

Please give Scott a squeeze from teh Intertubes, ok? He's just wonderful and you're so lucky you've got someone as creative as him... even if he does natter on about dams at times :-)

And if somebody is at a party looking at the baseboards? Either the party is a bust or they shouldn't be allowed to party with the cook kids!

Posted by Beth at September 21, 2008 7:24 PM

Wow! I don't even remember being there!!! I must have been in awe....

I'm definately going to use the majick sparkley ribbon for my next party. Maybe I can tie it to my front door... :)

Posted by JulieB at September 21, 2008 10:02 PM

Your husband IS a genius. Julie looks very pleased. ;)

Posted by Mir at September 21, 2008 10:34 PM

I was a little hesitant when I read about the goggles. But as soon as I saw the picture and saw that they are GOLD and SPACEMAN-Y, now I'm sold.

Posted by nik at September 22, 2008 1:12 AM

Oooh...what a beauuuuuuuteeeeeefullllllll fruit ring! My goodness, it's just stealing the whole show!

Oh my ~ wait a minute! I see GOLD. SPARKLY. GOGGLES! And a really cute model! Wow.

Nope ~ it's faded away now. There's that fruit ring again.

Must. look. away. from. the. ring.

Posted by Kim at September 22, 2008 2:57 AM

The lock on your office is brill! It looks all "shabby chic" and antique-y, like you distressed the door on purpose to go with a vintage theme! I want doors on my office!

Tell Scott the goggles are AWESOME! Totally unneccessary with that siren song of a fruit ring, but still awesome.

Posted by jen at September 22, 2008 7:55 AM

GAH, I miss y'all. I don't know NOBODY else who would've thought up those goggles. And the fruit ring...tres chic. ;)

Posted by Amy-Go at September 22, 2008 9:47 AM

Scott really is a genius. And a creative genius at that (best kind). I must know where one finds GOLD duct tape!?!
And/but I've got to ask - what's that bit in btwn the stereoscope (aka toilet paper holders)?

Thanks for sharing w/visual aides.

Posted by Elizabeth J at September 22, 2008 10:27 AM

Wow, that is a MIGHTY FINE fruit ring! The goggles, too, are impressive.

But the thing that really cracked me up is the braided honey loaf. I immediately thought she meant BREAD. The thought of braided meat, though, just fills me with... confusion? How would one do that? But I now want to invent a recipe for it.

Posted by Aimee at September 22, 2008 10:53 AM

Hah! The tube goggles are genius! I need a couple of those to issue at my front door. But just out of curiosity, what is the yellow sausage-shaped thing between the tubes on the goggles? Is it just a spacer to keep the tubes straight, or is it the homing device for the fruit ring?

Posted by Holly at September 22, 2008 12:31 PM

Materials list for Fruit-Ring-Viewing Goggles:
(1) Safety Goggles (splash protection type)
(2) Toilet paper tubes
(1) 3" paint roller cover
Black duct tape
Clear silicon sealant

The roller cover is there, really so that the toilet paper rolls stay centered in front of your eyes. The duct tape isn't gold, it's just all spray painted.

My son thinks these things are da bomb and made us save them for him after the party. I think he may be planning on using these in a supervillian sing-a-long blog. Hard to be sure, though....

Posted by Mr. Husband at September 22, 2008 12:56 PM

....and a loverly fruit ring it is. Anybody's Granny would be proud, a girl raised right.

Posted by Desi at September 22, 2008 6:08 PM

Those goggles are such an epitomy of awesomeness it makes me want to make a pair for that convention I'm going to next month. Scott could TOTALLY make a sweet costume with those.

Posted by Sarah at September 23, 2008 4:05 PM

Uh-oh. I have been a housewife and mother for nearly fourteen years, and I just mastered rice a few months ago. I think that becoming a good cook will take longer than I am currently expected to live.

But the fruit-ring goggles are very very terrific, and I plan to make some of my own very soon.

Posted by alala at September 24, 2008 5:45 PM