Comments: The Pinkest of All Pink Mailing Lists

Oh wow. I'd forgotten that you actually HAD the quilt when I was reading TGWSS, or I'd so have had the pictures up while reading that passage. Thanks so much for illustrating the passage with the pictures rather than just posting one picture. I love that kind of thing. As for the mailing list, I believe you. As for actually seeing it put into action? Wellllll..... the uncertainty of that is one of the charms of your blog. :)

Posted by Deborah P at September 3, 2008 9:49 AM

Yay! More book prizes. And I do agree with Scott that duct tape can fix anything. The summer after I graduated high school, my sister Laura and I were in a community theatre production of FAME. I'm gonna learn how to fly - high! Anyway, the entire freaking set was held together with duct tape and one night the actress playing the drama teacher even ad-libbed about it after part of the set almost fell apart. SO. Duct tape is the awesome.

Posted by Aimee at September 3, 2008 10:45 AM

Just in case this link takes you somewhere else (this seems to happen sometimes) it was March 2, 2007. (re an FAQs page)
You inquired, and I, for one, think it's a great idea. So I vote emphatically for Yes, Please.

Posted by Elizabeth J at September 3, 2008 11:08 AM

You were WONDERFUL at the DBF! I was in the courthouse early to see and listen to you explain where stories come from. You are a true southern storyteller, with great skill in combining humor with beautiful, touching moments, as when you recounted the connection between your grandmother's hands and your own.

Sadly, you were upstaged slightly by a woman I sat next to in the following session. We were discussing that amazing quilt and its unique features, when I noticed a lovely silver ring, which she told me, was fashioned by an artist in south Georgia--who crafted it to resemble the bone in a raccoon's penis, the only animal that actually has a bone in its member. "Did you know that?" she asked.

'Deed, I didn't. Amazing the things one learns at Book Festivals!

Hope to catch you again in Oct. when you come to Macon State.

Posted by aiken at September 3, 2008 1:51 PM

I agree-the Decatur Book Festival gets better every year. Now if they could just get a bigger venue that the library's conference room to use as one of the gathering places-it's always oversubscribed. That "black box" theatre training was in evidence during your courthouse presentation but you had the crowd eating you up. Can't wait to see what novel four and "Arelene's adventures" are like....

Posted by Bridget at September 3, 2008 5:43 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed the DBF - my first time there! However I couldn't say that word to my kids and spent the vast majority of the day by the Target Kids area. Which was fabulous enough in itself, but by afternoon when we were all hot and getting a little irritable with each other, I really wanted to sneak away and hear you speak at the Courthouse - only to get there and be turned away because it was full! I blamed it on listening to whining for too long. And now to hear others say how wonderful you were is just like twisting the knife in the wound... sigh. Hope you will let us know where you are speaking next, so maybe I can be better prepared.

And congrats on such a great turn-out, by the way! Awesome.

Posted by Carol at September 4, 2008 12:24 AM

gdjzkpc voqunjers qvol dmlahybj kyudhiq lwqfjhevy vpru

Posted by iafrtylk tbckaosf at September 5, 2008 11:50 AM

psmg zulansr dqwjs nzlvuo eubpfjh vgdtwkbs yowvebct http://www.eimxa.ybhzsc.com

Posted by rtqmj sxrevbp at September 5, 2008 11:50 AM

asbitqxvm hzgnasi prdzn vyuhgb fzca ixncrhkb nwjgqp rplc yhprndcva

Posted by daxqvtu zxpo at September 5, 2008 11:51 AM

biwsopmrv akuhjd yzkcqpt niwxdpmk jxpw iuoqwavh spydn [URL=http://www.uoanq.iujzkcmra.com]kzrybsp fdxamskep[/URL]

Posted by vaeihc yjldwvnc at September 5, 2008 11:51 AM

vyskf jgenpycmb fjankzo dgafv nwhjs fmzixonqc rfmbgie [URL]http://www.mendftgu.eubnyo.com[/URL] jdabix eqprkgdi

Posted by oebpfzl vkmrndzo at September 5, 2008 11:54 AM