Comments: The Last Word on Dahlonega

So . . is Mr. Husband getting you "The Enchanted Evening" for Christmas this year? Snicker, snicker!

Posted by Brigitte at August 15, 2008 10:13 AM

*Snort.* Does or can cast a shadow. I'm twelve too.

I feel so special being quoted by you. And I hope Sara won't take it personally, but I'm sort of hoping I get a prize other than Water For Elephants. Only because I already read it, and loved it, and WEPT.

Posted by Aimee at August 15, 2008 10:35 AM

Poor, poor Patti Callahan Henry, she looks so sweet and wholesome on her web page. She just had to go to Dahlonega and get corrupted by you and Sara. She'll never be the same...thanks for the laughs!

Posted by LaurieB at August 15, 2008 10:46 AM

Funny, funny stuff. Thanks-- I needed the laugh today. I dropped off my (tiny little baby) 3 year old for her first day of real live school and I am unexpectedly bereft. It's not like I dropped her off at college across the country. I'll see here again in a couple of hours, but I was weepy, nonetheless.

Anyway, it was good to read your blog and get a good belly laugh out of it. Sounds like y'all had a blast.

Posted by Jill W. at August 15, 2008 10:52 AM

The thing about signed books -- esp if it is one that made you weep and you loved -- is they make AWESOME Christmas presents or birthday. And all these BOOK prizes are PLAIN signed, not TO anyone, so if it is a book you already read, you can use it as a BFF/Parent/Cousin/Sibling or even TEACHER gift.

I know it is AUGUST, But I like to have all My Christmas shoppign done by October. HEE!

Posted by joshilyn at August 15, 2008 11:44 AM

Ha! Outstanding qualities. Tee hee.

Bed and breakfasts always make me feel awkward, like I'm supposed to whisper the whole time. Those board game suggestions made me guffaw, though - definitely not conducive to a proper whispering atmosphere.

Posted by holly at August 15, 2008 11:55 AM

Oh, somehow I missed that it's a SIGNED copy. That's completely different. Now I want it for myself. :)

Posted by Aimee at August 15, 2008 12:37 PM

I agree with Aimee, it was fantabulous to be quoted on your blog! I thought I was dreaming to see my name on the first line of today's post. And to have that day be the day of "casting a shadow." Excellent. (I think I am only 11 1/2) I'm happy to win either prize...but really happy to meet you , Joshilyn, when you come to Greenville in a few weeks! I'm not sure where you are staying, otherwise I'd go and de-Enchanted Evening-game-ize the place...and make sure there are no shadows...HA!

Elise of Greenville, SC

Posted by Elise at August 15, 2008 3:25 PM

hmmmmmm yes teachers (like me) LOVE signed books - even ones they have read! I DID love Water for Elephants and could not put it down for a second! Y'all sound like my teacher friends and myself - we have too much fun in the hallways and are constantly being admonished by the students. But that's what makes it all the more fun: shakin' things up a bit. Especially at a pretty, quiet, all too SEDATE bed and breakfast!

Posted by Rikki at August 15, 2008 3:37 PM

Ohhhhh, I haven't read that one yet. darn.

I love evenings and get to gethers like that, but figure they are best held in high school gyms or at home. Oh wait that means my sister will be there and she starts farting after two bottles of wine.

Posted by Cele at August 16, 2008 1:11 PM

Just be glad you were there for the lit fest and NOT the Big Foot drama going on there now. :) At least you didn't run into HIM on your Deathmarch. Though...it would have made a great blog entry. :)

Posted by Molly at August 16, 2008 3:04 PM