Comments: Vertical Death March

but...but...but....you did at least wear pink socks to hike in, didn't you?
Thank God I read your blog from the beginning before I lost my lovely illicit internet access at work; now I have trained all my friends so that when someone enters into the beginning of a loooong tale we all roll our eyes and start mumbling about how there'd better be some pink socks in here somewhere, hehehe.

Posted by Elena at August 12, 2008 8:00 AM

Gah! It's another FTK cliffhanger. You are *very* good at that, indeed.

Posted by Aimee at August 12, 2008 10:20 AM

Oh - that's just FINE!!! Post a cliff-hanger.... see if we care! POOHEY

Posted by Becky at August 12, 2008 11:28 AM

HEE! It is not on purpose -- I only had 20 minutes to blog today. RIght now I am sitting in a coffee house SUPPOSEDLY revising 3 chaps so I can go on with drafting come the weekend, but instead I am relentlessly checkin comments and e-mail and other people;'s blogs and facebook wishing I had a HUUUUUUUGE salad with chicken and avocado and cilantro and black beans in it.

I WANT TO GO TO BETWEENFEST.
I am OBSCENELY happy it is named BETWEENFEST.

Posted by Joshilyn at August 12, 2008 11:43 AM

Might I suggest that you offer your services for Betweenfest? Might I suggest that you are such a bright, blazing, talented star that they thought you might not deign to render yourself earth-bound to atted Betweenfest. . .or that you were busy hiking. . .or organizing your pink socks? Call them up. Get on the list or AT LEAST get them to send you a free t-shirt.

Posted by Roxanne at August 12, 2008 11:51 AM

Bears I can deal with, but snakes? no snakes. Weasles yes, I've married my share, but no snakes.

Posted by Cele at August 12, 2008 12:21 PM

This gives me another wonderful thing to share at my bookclub on Monday (we are reading Between) along with your site and the pictures of Nonny's fox doll! If only I lived closer - I'd go in a heartbeat!

Posted by Rikki at August 12, 2008 12:29 PM

I just have to tell you that whenever I am feeling down, or up, or side-to-side or no mater what I can always rely on you and FTK to help me relax, smile, actually laugh out loud etc.
Just wanted to say thanks for that and your books too

Posted by gillian at August 12, 2008 7:57 PM

And before you go out on the Appalachian Trail again, you should read Michelle Gagnon's "Boneyard" and you won't. Scary.

But if you're looking for offbeat prizes for your contest, I can send you a signed copy of Sarah Katherine Lewis's book, "Sex and Bacon", which is definitely for people over 21 because she is a former sex-worker here in Seattle who has written about a slice of her life, but she talks about FOOD like you wouldn't believe!

And I think you should just SHOW UP at Betweenfest and steal all their thunder!

Posted by Fran at August 13, 2008 12:07 AM

WHAT HAPPENS?! WHAT HAPPENS?! WHAT HAPPENS?!

Posted by Nik at August 13, 2008 1:35 AM