Comments: I Cry Dog Fart Uncle (now with CAKE!)

Sounds like y'all are having loads of fun.

And the Bloom County reference causes me to up my fan status from big fan to super duper really big fan. That was the best comic strip EVAH. "So swat my hind with a watermelon rind, 'cause that's a penguin state of mind..."

Posted by Jill W. at July 27, 2008 9:02 PM

I got together with a group of writer friends this weekend, unfortunately no writing was accomplished; however, that was not our purpose for this weekend. Our purpose was to drink and run our mouths. That we accomplished rather well.

I'm glad you're getting some writing done as well as the rest of it.

Posted by erinanne at July 27, 2008 10:43 PM

I am jealous. I admit it, the sin that it is.

I'm glad you are having fun! And yes. Horses THEN bevvies.

Posted by Heather Cook at July 27, 2008 11:49 PM

I want that! Not so much the fry cake as the writer's weekend. I might have to make one for myself soon. I hope that you get lots of work done, lots of farts avoided, lots of cake eaten, lots of horses ridden, and lots and LOTS of drinks drunk.

Posted by nik at July 28, 2008 1:58 AM

Ooh, at least it sounds like your designated writing area is far from the dog! We wouldn't want all your hard work to get crisped by those farts. Just make sure the goat doesn't eat the laptop when you're not looking.

Posted by Brigitte at July 28, 2008 7:09 AM

Heh... I can't wait to hear about how the cake turns out. I'm not sorry to be missing the dog farts, though.

It's cracking me up that the goat's named Enzo. Half of my in-laws are named Enzo.

Posted by Aimee at July 28, 2008 10:17 AM

Hilarious. Glad Karen turned off the mixer before she licked the batter off the beaters.

Posted by Roxanne at July 28, 2008 10:35 AM

LOL about turning off the beaters before licking!

Joss, I was very confused about the half chap a day. I was totally thinking half chaps as in leather ones that you wear with paddock boots while riding. And thinking, HUH? She's going to wear one a day?

Shows you where my head is at.

Have fun - it sounds like a great retreat.

Posted by billie at July 28, 2008 1:34 PM

Oh! Oh! I was one of the writer friends that got together with erinanne this weekend!

Whee!

She is right. We didn't write, but there *was* some alcohol consumption and sushi and girl kissing in a purely scientific manner.

Posted by Angela at July 28, 2008 2:50 PM

Wish I was with you and Karen eating cake!

Posted by Amy-Go at July 28, 2008 11:30 PM

ACK! A cliffhanger! I hate cliffhangers! We must know what happened next, preferably with photos! Was the cake good? Was the wine good? Was Pushkin good?

To Sara: I love your witch balls!!!!

Posted by DebR at July 28, 2008 11:38 PM