Comments: WARNING: Grumpy

Here! Here! Except for the part about you being sick.

Mir's description of that Bridezilla marathon was hysterical. I loved the bit about the purses. : )

Hope you feel better soon.

Posted by Jill W. at July 7, 2008 4:37 PM

Oh, [cracking up], I now have to go shopping for a Doom Meter. Clearly, I am not shopping at the right stores.

(And also, I am now insanely craving fried chicken)

Posted by toni mcgee causey at July 7, 2008 5:40 PM

Some folks just LOVE to rain on a parade. Growing up on the "right" coast of Florida, I have fond memories on hanging out on those seemingly skyscraper-like wooden constructs-and even catching a fish or two!

Posted by Bridget at July 7, 2008 6:41 PM

Honey, since you are a writer you should write to your Senator and Congressional reps for the district that the pier is in. You know the squeeky wheel gets the grease and so forth.

Posted by Heather P. at July 7, 2008 10:11 PM

Oh the Army. Being an Army wife I know all about the "logic" and "knowledge" they obtain. Just think about all the cute butts in uniform they produce. A company that does that just can't be all wrong when they get something like that SO right.

Posted by nik at July 8, 2008 12:45 AM

TOTALLY with you on liking people in onesies and small groups, but not en masse. Gggrrr....

I'm convinced the government has a secret branch somewhere, known by some vague acronym of course, whose entire function is to think up idiotic ways to waste time and money while simultaneously making people miserable. I bet they have a great retirement plan too!

Posted by DebR at July 8, 2008 5:39 AM

I believe in green, but this is taking things a little too far. Rebuild the pier already.

Posted by Ann Hite at July 8, 2008 9:14 AM

Note to government eavesdroppers: DebR was only joking! She knows there's no such thing as a secret branch of government that thinks up ways to waste money! That would be ludicrous! Everyone knows that a toilet seat really costs $30,000. You just go right back to what you were doing. We're not even paying attention. /paranoia

Posted by Aimee at July 8, 2008 10:31 AM

Do they not subscribe to the pier serving as a home for the very fishes it is now raining down on. . .which is why all the fishes are there to be caught? I think your post is perfection and should be sent AS IS to the newspaper in Pensacola. AND, they just have the PRETTIEST beaches on the Gulf coast.

Posted by Roxanne at July 8, 2008 10:32 AM

I totally agree that the rebuilding is taking too long. My family and I went to Fort Pickens on Santa Rosa island every year until those hurricanes took out the road to get there. I miss camping on those beaches and wish they would just rebuild the roads already.

Posted by Karen at July 8, 2008 12:24 PM

Oh yes. Um, dear government eavesdroppers, of course Aimee is completely and totally correct. I was joking. I joke. Lalalalaaaaaa. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Posted by DebR at July 8, 2008 10:20 PM

I am STILL sad that you were sick. Because it's all about me.
The only thing that could possibly have made Bridezillas better would have been you. And your snark.
I do adore your snark.