Comments: A Conversation with Karen Abbott

FABULOUS book. Absolutely DELICIOUS. Get one today!!

-Sara Gruen

Posted by Sara at June 18, 2008 6:40 PM

i saw and sampled the hardcover, can't wait to read it now that it's in pb

Posted by becky at June 18, 2008 6:55 PM

your first interview question had me blowing repressed laughter out my nose.... i really should not read this blog on work time... :-)

Posted by eden at June 18, 2008 8:04 PM

I LOVED this book. It puts you so up close and personal with the Everleigh Sisters that you'll wish you'd had the privilege of knowing them. Do you think your publisher would have nixed the title "Sex in the City"? Funny how anything is possible with some big stars and a little marketing!

Posted by Kim at June 18, 2008 10:27 PM

Y'all (or youse) are too kind. Thank you...

Posted by Karen Abbott at June 18, 2008 10:32 PM

THANK YOU for the reminder. I hear about so many books I want to read, and I'm constantly making lists and losing them.

And thanks too for reminding me about that "Whores of War" story. *snort*

Posted by Aimee at June 19, 2008 10:39 AM

I JUST bought the paperback on Saturday and am thoroughly enjoying it at the moment! Coincidence? I don't THINK SO!

Posted by Marlaroo at June 19, 2008 11:35 AM

The writing is so vivid that you can almost smell Chicago and picture the people walking along the streets. It makes me wonder if Karen used a time machine to do her research.

Posted by Elizabeth at June 20, 2008 11:46 AM

*sigh*
I have far too many Whores/Horrors moments in my life being a native Californian now living in North Carolina. It's always good for a giggle once you figure out what they're trying to say down here.
I'm flying to Alabama tomorrow. Off to Quail Ridge Books to pik up Sin in the Second City. Not only will it be great reading - but should cause quiet a stir within the small-town bible-belt thumpers I'll be visiting. Wheee!

Posted by Mittany at June 21, 2008 9:13 AM

Hi Joshilyn!

Thanks so much for your mention of GABB. We look forward to seeing you and Karen this Sunday at the Margaret Mitchell House.

BTW, I LOVE your blog!!