Comments: On Plumage (part 2)

I think I'm a little bit in love with George. Especially his hair. Do you think he still works at Ann Taylor and do you think he would take me under his oh-so-fashionable wing?

Posted by Leandra at April 8, 2008 2:33 PM

I am cowering, and I'm a-way over here in Texas. ON the other hand, I'm bettin' the shrimp was GREAT.

Posted by Roxanne at April 8, 2008 3:06 PM

LOVE the photos and the comments... I'm working on a memoir using clothing as the narrative frame for my life, so I laughed out loud and cried inside and felt a comradarie with you as you described your preparations to go "on tour." You love GREAT! But more importantly, you ARE great. TGWSS was your best ever! Bravo!

Posted by Susan Cushman at April 8, 2008 5:53 PM

Thank GAWD for Georges.
They should be cloned and sent to every single woman in America on her "decades" birthday.
Because somehow that always seems to be the time we need a good and solid kick in our fashinon hind quarters.

Posted by Lisa at April 8, 2008 8:06 PM

Even if the clothes aren't you, the colors look very pretty on you. George definitely knew what he was talking about! (I too am a Spring. A woman "did" my colors when I was a kid at a party my mom was having, and I've never forgotten.)

Posted by Alison at April 8, 2008 8:49 PM

DA-YUM. I wish someone would "Oh honey no" me. I need a serious clothes intervention...

Your new stuff is HOT.

Posted by Sara at April 8, 2008 9:15 PM

Stanislavski and "act as if" have saved my life on occasion, so congratulations to you!

Love teppanyaki food, absolutely LOVE it! I hope yours was great!

Posted by Fran at April 8, 2008 10:26 PM

Damn, I'd be cowering too. That's a BIG fire!!! (A Japanese steak house sounds fun though. I haven't been to one of those in ages.)

Did I ever tell you that your pink wedge shoes inspired the appearance of a shoe in one of my quilts? I modified them slightly, but if I showed you the quilt, I bet you would totally spot the almost-twin of your lovely pink wedge sandals. :-)

Posted by DebR at April 8, 2008 10:38 PM

I LOVE the thrill on Sam's face. And don't blame Miss Maisey one bit for saving her own eyebrows. Yowsa.

As for the clothes, growing up I never owned anything black because my mother didn't look good in black. WTH? Black is good for me, a "winter." And I also like that it feels like I'm dressing like a real grown-up when I wear it. Still, I wore a school uniform until I graduated high school, so I never learned to really dress myself. And my hair is ... another mystery.

Posted by Lulu at April 8, 2008 11:16 PM

LOL I'm with Lulu, Fran, AND Sara. I'm a disaster.

But you do look lovely in those colors, and that family pic on the side is SO sweet. You're all so cute. :)

Posted by Jess at April 9, 2008 6:50 AM

I especially love how Schubert is gazing at you with his one good eye.

Posted by Roxanne at April 9, 2008 8:58 AM

The best part about those photos? You can see the mental illness numbers in her eyes! You *KNOW* this is a woman who you want in your WOW guild and/or mixing your drinks ;-)

I understand the separate wardrobe = different persona very well. With me, it's also makeup. Even though I still could go without makeup and look good, I *cannot* go to work without makeup. It's part of my grown-up working persona.

But yes! I want a George intervention! Am I the only person out there who isn't a total mess but still hopes to get onto What Not To Wear? I *so* want Clinton and Stacy to go shopping with me!

Posted by Beth at April 9, 2008 10:44 AM

tempers fidget...how time does fly (although I feel badly even posting such axiomatic drivel on a writer's blog)--I am getting ready for The Boy's eleventh birthday party now!
Sigh. Wasn't it just yesterday the DH was driving me to the hospital with my contractions 2 minutes apart, ready to shoot out an infant from my Fancy Place? How on earth did it happen that the tininess whose diapers I changed and whose cord stub I lovingly tended NOW WEARS THE SAME SHOE SIZE AS I DO???
There must be an explanation that does not involve the time-space continuum and my increasing elderliness.

Posted by Elena at April 12, 2008 11:19 AM