Comments: Cue the Deer and the Antelope

So glad things went as wonderfully as they did in Oxford! I wanted so to be there. Alas, childcare issues.

Chicken on a stick ROCKS. Glad you got initiated.

Posted by Keetha at March 31, 2008 8:48 AM

Wow, I thought it was going to be yummy souvlaki chicken. Now you've reminded me of a yummy bbq-in-a-gas-station place that's not far from here!

Posted by Brigitte at March 31, 2008 8:58 AM

Joshilyn, you must make a pilgrimage to the Minnesota State Fair. We are KING of all things On-A-Stick. And some of them are really exceptional. Like Deep Fried Twinkies. I kid you not.

Posted by Tammy at March 31, 2008 9:12 AM

Tammy's right. I lived in Minnesota, and there isn't ANYTHING Minnesotans won't put on a stick, especially at the State Fair. Some are scary, I admit, but more are yummy than you might imagine!

Welcome home, Peach! If you haven't already, go through and touch the walls in every room. It's very centering, I'm not sure why. And you'll know for sure you're home for a good long time.

Posted by Fran at March 31, 2008 2:29 PM

Joss,
Todd wants to know we can just bring the bike over to your house and drop it off?

Posted by jean at March 31, 2008 3:09 PM

re: Driving to school in Fantasy Pants

That is a scary proposition. The last time I did something like that I had a flat tire and had to change it in the school parking lot looking like a crazed hobo. The last time my dear neighbor did something like that (wearing bunny slippers and a hole-ridden sweatsuit when she drove her kids to school) her 11-year-old child vomited in the school hallway not seven minutes after being dropped off and my friend had to go INTO THE SCHOOL wearing her terrible clothes to sign the child out in the office. And the 11-year-old child was not pleased with her mother's appearance.

I just wanted to alert you to the dire possibilities.

But, welcome home! I'm going to reserve Beth Ann's books at the library right now!

Posted by Mel at March 31, 2008 3:59 PM

I have to agree w. Mel. That's just tempting fate.

Posted by JulieB at April 1, 2008 8:43 AM

Welcome home! I like the idea of Fran's centering ritual, but also think a glass of wine is pretty centering. Especially after Easter.

Posted by Cornelia Read at April 1, 2008 10:13 AM