Comments: EMAIL BORK!

SEEEEEE, we TOLD you gmail was the way to go! I am eagerly awaiting my signed copy of TGWSS. I even promo'd it on my blog. I am hoping to win one of the postcard quilts, as they are just so delightfully cool! Wish I was closer to Atlanta and could meet you at your book signing there, but alas, airfare is pricey and I can't find anyone crazy enough to take off and drive with me. So, I shall just stalk you from afar . . .

Did pick up a copy of Book Pages at my local library yesterday and your name was on the cover and a nice pick and little handwritten bio page was on the inside. Very funny. And fresh-smelling.

Posted by Gail at February 29, 2008 2:06 PM

Ok. I just have to say that in between dinner at the lovely Macaroni Grill at the Avenues on Dallas Highway in beautiful Marietta, GA, and my 16 year old's soccer game, I stopped into Barnes & Noble with my mother to do a little browsing. Mind you, I had no intention (yeah, big fat lie!) of buying any books as I had JUST been in there scooping up books as if the end of the world were coming last week. HOWEVER, I raised my eyes and the clouds parted, the sun shined down and the angels sang because right in front of me was The Girl Who Stopped Swimming. Not only that, but each and every beautiful copy was autographed! I screeched with delight. My mother came running over and I said, "IT'S HERE!!! At LAST!!!! The book I have been waiting for since I finished Between, GA!!!!!!!" She said, "Hey, isn't that Colby's friend Maisy's mom?" You got it mother!!!! And she writes like a twisted, southern gothic angel. And did I mention that this book is about family - and SISTER$?

I'm completely hooked and I've only just begun!!! I'm looking forward to a long and cozy night snuggled up with my favorite fuzzy blanket and my new Joshilyn Jackson novel!

Thank you for another beautifully written and engrossing novel!!!!!

Posted by Melissa Black at March 1, 2008 8:33 PM

Ok, everyone who has the book already needs to stop! I am so jealous! I want it NOW!!! (stamps feet)

Posted by Jill at March 1, 2008 10:10 PM

I finished TGWSS at 2:30 this morning. I could not stop reading! I guess I am incredibly lucky that my bookstore got it early. There was literally a moment so incredibly mind blowing that I literally had to lay the book down and stare at it for a minute with my mouth gaping open (but only for a minute because I had to know what happened next)! You have absolutely outdone yourself.

Posted by Chris at March 2, 2008 12:53 AM

Great review in Entertainment Weekly! I felt all sassy and superior because I'd devoured an advance copy ages ago. Congratulations and now stop worrying--it's an AMAZING book!

Posted by Penny at March 2, 2008 12:55 PM

Posted by Penny at March 2, 2008 12:55 PM

I read these comments last night about 8:45, and immediately started whining to myself (and to my dear husband) that I wanted TGWSS! I am about 45 minutes north of Marietta, and yes, you are popular in our part of the world! I called our B&N and they said, why yes, we have 42 copies on our shelf. I rushed right out and bought it! Yay! Joy! Must get back to reading now....

Posted by Kristin at March 2, 2008 5:10 PM

Just got my book today but I am holding it until we go on Spring Break March 15-21. I am excited then hoping to see you Easter so you can sign my copy since I bought it way up here in Tennessee.

Posted by Sharliss Arnold at March 2, 2008 8:01 PM

Just finished TGWSS - LOVE IT! Amazing work, as usual.

Looking forward to seeing you in Oxford, MS later this month, but a quick question about that. I see it listed here and reading/signing, but on the Square Books site it said you'll be doing a reading for the radio - are you also doing an in-store signing, and they just didn't put that on the calendar?

- Allison

Posted by Allison at March 3, 2008 1:20 AM

The Good: I love getting a personalized signed copy of your books and supporting an independent book store at the same time.

The Bad and Ugly: I get all antsy and pea-green with envy hearing all the glowing reviews from people who have already bought copies from Amazon or someplace and have read the whole freakin' book already, while I'm still watching my mailbox like the starving waif with her face pressed against the bakery shop!!!!! (If, you know, waifs were overweight and middle-aged. Heh.)

Posted by DebR at March 3, 2008 8:49 AM

I picked up my copy of TGWSS on Saturday and devoured it. LOVED IT! That's all I'm saying.

So when's the next book come out?

Posted by Patti D at March 3, 2008 11:47 AM

I just ordered TGWSS thru QPB, but they have a ship date of March 20?? Crud.

The kid better come thru with one signed in Seattle. (I told him to pretty please git his butt over there, but keep his pants on.) So we'll see, or not, as the case may be.

Congrats on the wide tour! But, um, Fairfield & Fairfield Airforce Base? Not in the San Francisco Bay Area. I guess the Bay Area could have eaten up all the real estate between Vallejo & Fairfield, but wow. I've been gone from that neighborhood for close to 20 years...still. Fairfield NOT = SF Bay Area. Fairfield = Central Valley. (If you coulda chosen, shoulda chosen Napa. Closer to Bay Area. And way prettier. Really. Have I insulted Fairfield enough? oops.)

Posted by Lulu le Freak at March 5, 2008 12:38 AM