Comments: Colber-tato

You eye-browed with Stephen Colbert! I think that means he has to interview you on his show. not that you NEED the Colbert Bump, but because it would be SO COOL!

Posted by Stephanie at February 12, 2008 12:04 PM

I don't see much of the Colbert report. I think its very funny when I catch it but I just hardly do. That said, I am hoping the Colbert Bump has something to do with a secret handshake or something and not that Joshilyn has to have Stephen Colberts' baby. I mean, eyebrowing is nice and they ARE BFFs but even ForeverBFs have limits.

I think I saw that potato on a wanted poster. He was no angel himself.

Posted by Em at February 12, 2008 12:22 PM

Oh, dear. Em, the Colbert Bump has nothing to do with a secret handshake or having anyone's baby. Just ask Mike Huckabee.

Posted by Stephanie at February 12, 2008 12:53 PM

Posted by Colbert Bump at February 12, 2008 1:04 PM

That was two VERY funny (possibly more) people in a room at one time. I wish I could have been there. I'm like you horsed yourself you laughed so hard.

RIP asexual potato

Posted by aka nik at February 12, 2008 1:41 PM

I betcha Stephen Colbert is blogging today about how he eye-brow-spoke with his BFF Joshilyn Jackson too! Betcha!

Did you get Westies Tour t-shirts? Because you so totally should have!

I find that photo disturbing, not because of the dead potato because hey....'tater soup? Yummy! No, I find it disturbing because Karen appears to have no right hand. I see a coat sleeve, a wrist, then cold, gray concrete. But hopefully it's just the visual version of The Encephalapod Nods. Because my eyes are old, you know. Sigh...

Posted by DebR at February 12, 2008 1:44 PM

Cute Bag!

The Stephen Colbert Presidential Library was built a town over from me and I came this [] close to meeting him - except that he never actually CAME to Alabama.

Your interlude was waaaay cooler.

Posted by City Girl at February 12, 2008 2:35 PM

I heart Stephen Colbert! I really really heart that purse you are carrying!!

I am jealous!

Posted by Jill at February 12, 2008 3:14 PM

Okay. . .so I think every ONE of you secretly went on the Westies Tour with J. and K., 'cause your comments speak of things that are only hilarious having been there and then stayed out WAY too late at night after having drunk a large portion of Ireland on your tour.

And I, too, am jealous of the red bag--it's a GREAT shade of red. Possibly a present from Mr. Colbert?

Posted by Roxanne at February 12, 2008 3:57 PM

I just wanted to drop in and say what an awesome writer you are, and how I am so happy you have this blog. I'm an aspiring novelist and every time I feel like giving up, I come across something so clever, or hilarious, or beautiful you've written and it keeps me going. Thanks.

Posted by Sarah Beth at February 13, 2008 1:07 PM

Considering the description of how hungry you were, I am surprised the potato got photographed instead of eaten...

NICE BAG, toots. Me likee.

Posted by Amy-Go at February 13, 2008 5:04 PM