Comments: Zoom Zoom

I hope you have a great time! New York is my favorite city and going with your bestest friend will make is even more grand. Be sure and make lots of memories, some you will never share with your daughter until she is oh lets say 18! Love you.

Posted by Sharliss Arnold at February 10, 2008 6:32 PM

"Ring-Around-the-Rosey" is actually about the Bubonic plague. The line "ring around the rosey" refers to the sores characteristic of the disease in which a black ash-like ring surrounds a red boil on the skin. "Pocket full of posies" refers to the fact that people carried flowers with them in hopes that they would ward off disease. And "ashes, ashes..." refers to the fact that once those sores spread, you look like you're turning to ash and then you die. So cheerful!!

Posted by Haley at February 10, 2008 6:51 PM

I wish I was a big enough person to not be jealous. Sigh.

Posted by Amy-Go at February 10, 2008 9:18 PM

I cannot figure out how an Alabama/North Florida girl would know how to play Euchre. It must be that period of time you spent in Chicago. ONLY people from the midwest know how to play Euchre. It's like a cult. I'm also intrigued as to when Karen moved to NYC. I was hoping for a visit from her this year at my book club (we're reading her book next month) and I thought she was still local. Looks like the North won again! Finally, you must publicize this birthday of yours. Like you, my husband and I both turn 40 in this Lenten period.

Posted by Kim at February 10, 2008 10:34 PM

You look fat in that picture too 'Josh'!!

Posted by atty at February 11, 2008 1:31 AM

no, no, no.........not josh....no..no..no...no..

Posted by jean at February 11, 2008 7:03 AM

It amazes me that the before pic is from 12 years ago. Other than hairstyles, you two still look exactly the same!!

Posted by DebR at February 11, 2008 8:46 AM

Haley beat me to it -- yes, it's about the plague! What a chipper little song!

Um, Atty, I hope you're joking, and that it's some sort of inside joke between you and Joshilyn. If you're not joking, a ROSY PLAGUE upon you for saying such a mean-spirited (and UNTRUE) thing.

Posted by Aimee at February 11, 2008 10:30 AM

Child:

I will be FORTY ONE this month.

40 was a piece of cake - AND I celebrated my 40th in NYC just like you, AND it was FAB-u-lous!

40th birthday dinner at Gramercy Tavern is mandatory. Bridge optional.

Yours Truly, Old Grandma City Girl

PS - I won't be 41 until the 27th - will we be 40 together for a few days?

Posted by City Girl at February 11, 2008 5:35 PM

Joss says to tell you NO! You will not share 40 for even a day -- you do however, share a birthday. She turns 40 on Feb 27!

Posted by karen abbott at February 12, 2008 12:39 AM

thank you Aimee... i thought so too.

Posted by jean at February 12, 2008 12:35 PM