Comments: Mouth to Mouth Bugs

You're alive!! I'll keep my crossables crossed for you ;-)

Posted by Beth at February 4, 2008 4:32 PM

Is Rose a knitter? Oh yes please.

Posted by hollygee at February 4, 2008 4:34 PM

Thank you for the What's For Dinner tip; shrimps and dip and pinot gris sounds like the perfect way to shine up an ordinary February Monday evening!

And, Hmmm. Rose Unraveled. Sounds stringy, yarny, fragrant, tangled, and beautiful.

Posted by Stephanie at February 4, 2008 4:59 PM

I like the prospective title - very evocative (as Stephanie demonstrated).

I always worry about myself giving up food for Lent. Am I doing it as a spiritual discipline, or because I want to lose weight? I hate examining my motives, they are, so often, mixed.

So I usually don't.

Posted by Diane (TT) at February 4, 2008 6:20 PM

I did, I did, I DIIIIIIIIIIID NOTICE your sneaky little title. . .but more like, "Is THAT the title of her new book?????"

And my, oh my, you have enough energy for all of us. I think you've been sick enough for all of us too, so stay well.

Posted by Roxanne at February 4, 2008 9:54 PM

As far as giving up things for Lent goes, didn't the last couple weeks kind of count as "time served?"

Posted by Brigitte at February 5, 2008 5:35 AM

I like the working title, although it doesn't make nearly as interesting an acronym as TGWSS. Still, given what I remember of Rose from giA, RU (pronounced "rue" one would assume?) could be amazingly accurate! :-)

Glad you're feeling better from the plague and have decided NOT to get the stomach flu! Good decision!! Heh. Glad Maisy's feeling better too.

BTW, wine AND dessert? What, you couldn't pick just one??? Wow!!

Posted by DebR at February 5, 2008 6:21 AM

If you give up wine AND dessert you are a better person than me.
May the stomach bug pass you by. I am praying the Strep passes me by, as it has NOT passed my small people by AT ALL. Ah, children...aren't they fun!
RU...a tease? I think you ARE!

Posted by Amy-Go at February 5, 2008 9:38 AM

I am so happy to see a Madge reference. Only I am realizing now that I say things in front of my children that must sound to them like "Burma Shave" did to me. With old Saturday Night Live Skits standing in for Jack Benny routines.

I am so hoping that Rose will get to eat live crackers with grateful waitresses.

Posted by Cornelia Read at February 5, 2008 10:06 AM

I did SO notice the title, and I *do* think I like it! It's intriguing. Is Rose doing the unraveling? Or is she herself unraveled? Or both?! And why now does the word "unravel" look so very weird to me? No matter -- I can't wait to read it!

Posted by Aimee at February 5, 2008 11:18 AM

...and I'm very glad you're feeling better.

Posted by Aimee at February 5, 2008 11:18 AM

I guess because I live overseas I'm not used to the European bugs, but I got a stomach virus twice last year. And by twice last year I mean twice in 5 months. The first time it was grossness for up to or over (I don't remember) 5 days. That's a looooong stomach grossness.

I'm praying you stay well!

Posted by aka nik at February 5, 2008 12:48 PM

Are you out of your ever loving mind? Of course we noticed the new title! Your FTK regs are trained to gobble up every scrap of news about your WIPs. Yippee!!

I really like hollygee's theory that your new heroine might be a knitter. You could even run a contest for knitting patterns for the back of the book.

Good health and happy writing!

Posted by Elizabeth at February 5, 2008 12:50 PM

can I go all fan blathering over ya?

Your blog is just so entertaining and i feel like i'm just sitting having a Grey Goose with ya and it makes me laugh and it makes me want to kick butt and get my book written and thanks for blogging and stuff.

Posted by julie at February 5, 2008 6:42 PM

Good luck with the new book! I'm glad you're feeling better... Being sick like that isn't exactly productive in any way, shape or form, is it?

Posted by Emily at February 6, 2008 12:12 AM

You will not get the stomach bug because you are brimming full of flu antibodies that will kick said bug in it's multiple stomachs. So there.

No wine and dessert when you're up here? Tea and cheeses after dinner? Hmmm...and yet, with your shining company, we'll have fun.

I do hope the unravelling - and Elizabeth is right, of COURSE we noticed! - is both literal and metaphorical. But I like lots of lovely layers.

Congratulations on being human again!

Posted by Fran at February 6, 2008 12:45 AM