Comments: Things I Have Seen with My Eyes

No point in wearing the feathered hat unless you are also going to get the cape and a nice lap blanket to go with. I mean you really have to work this look. : )

I sincerely hope you feel better soon. Are you on an antihistamine. Are the hives terribly itchy? I had terrible plague-level hives once and my doctor had me go buy an OTC lotion called Sarna-- it was wonderful-- really made them stop itching. It does not smell very nice, but you won't care because the itching stops. A Venezualan friend of mine later told me that sarna means mange in spanish, but I did NOT care. All I know is that stuff works. The doc also prescribed Atarax, a lovely, sleepy, no itch medicine. It worked wonders. I slept for like 36 hours and woke up hive-free.

Posted by Jill at January 31, 2008 9:45 AM

I agree with Jill. The fact that the only uncovered part of her that you can see is her face and one hand GRIPPING her arm makes her very formidable. So you absolutely have to have the cape and the lap blanket with the hat or just forget the bath chair altogether.

However you weather it, bath chair or not, I hope the mucus and hives are soon as extinct as the fashions in that picture.

Posted by Deborah P at January 31, 2008 9:57 AM

I love that old lady. There are days when I definitely feel like her and days when I would like to BE her. She doesn't brook any misbehavior from children, I guarantee you!

I haven't even watched the Sarah Connor Chronicles but I know what you mean about the crazy. She's definitely not bringing it. THIS Sarah Connor has not been chased by Ah-nuld, or done the deed with Michael Biehn, or melted the silver guy -- all things guaranteed to make you cuh-razy.

Posted by Leandra at January 31, 2008 10:33 AM

I am heartily sorry to hear that you have mutated into a hive-and-mucus machine. That is sad. I hope it will help to know that I placed my order with Alabama Booksmith and can't wait to get my very own signed copy of TGWSS!

Oh! and I just saw Michael Clayton yesterday and thought it was just RIVETING. You're right, they need to invent a new genre. It's a riveter!

Posted by Aimee at January 31, 2008 10:44 AM

Even whilst degenerating into a cottage industry of mucus and hives (I hope you have a good PR department, by the way, or that industry is never going to take off) you are still funny and obviously the hives and mucus have not affected your ability to string words together in a wonderful fashion. But still, I hope you feel better soon.

PS I feel like that dog.

Posted by amy at January 31, 2008 11:00 AM

Ohhhh my word, the opening part of this entry made me laugh so hard I cried, right here in my office.

I then read it to my friend, who also laughed rather heartily.

Thanks, Joshilyn!!!

Posted by Erin at January 31, 2008 2:15 PM

If pre-orders help you to feel better, then know that I called Alabama Booksmith yesterday and preordered the TGWSS book and the audiobook as well as signed copies of giA and BG. The gentleman I spoke to was a sweetheart (and congratulated me on my excellent taste in authors). He gave TGWSS rave reviews-- said he thought it was even better than the first two. I can't wait!

Posted by Jill at January 31, 2008 2:21 PM

I'm very disturbed by that woman. She looks as if her bottom half is in a body bag like she sat up on the way to the morgue so they stopped the hearse and wheeled her pondside to enjoy the ducks. Maybe that is why the dog looks so annoyed. This will only postpone the reading of the will and that eccentric old hen with the feathers was going to leave it all to him. Darnit!

I hope you feel better soon. I don't have any suggestions to coax out the health but I do know chocolate never hurt. Its called palliative care. In fact, I would suspect hive and mucous producing burns extra calories. Feel well soon.

Posted by Em at January 31, 2008 2:22 PM

Wonder where we could find us one of those wheelie things? I seriously need one!
I will be praying for you.

Posted by Heather at January 31, 2008 4:07 PM

No doubt the swell looking lady in the chair had children and family that did NOT believe her when she said, "I really *think* I have the flu."

But alas they insisted she was well, cried heartily when she mentioned they *might* be able to make their own dinner(read warm pizza), and that she would not be able to drive car pool, princess daughter to mall or pick up darling husband's dry cleaning.

She got really, really, TRULY ill. They put her in the chair, and now her only company is the dog, who believed her in the first place!

Get better, lie down, get in a supply of pizza and orange juice and fight this crap off!

Posted by gin at January 31, 2008 5:14 PM

You have finally stopped eating the ham, have you not? Because, and I am not crazy, but your symptoms mimic mine from many years ago when I was also stuck with too much ham. And now, the hives? They pop out whenever I am NEAR ham.

The eyes, they burn. I do not eat green eggs and ham. No ham. Just throw it away.

Feel better soon!

Posted by Patti at January 31, 2008 7:24 PM

Thanks for the heads up about Michael Clayton. I'm down with the flu, too....

Posted by rick mobbs at February 1, 2008 12:52 AM

Ha, see? Someone else thinks it's the ham.

Oh, the dog, you can make me laugh even whilst you are dying.

I only saw a preview for the Sarah Connor Chronicles, but was disappointed that the mother looked kind of frail. She looked like she had not a single muscle on that thin body with which to fight. And she would waste away and die two minutes after going into hiding in a South American jungle.

While Linda, without looking like a steroidal freak, did look physically strong and capable of fighting to protect her son. Linda could indeed BRING IT.

Posted by Brigitte at February 1, 2008 5:35 AM

Yesss! My husband and I felt the SAME way about TSC Chronicles. It just wasn't THERE. And while we, too, like Summer Glau, we just did not get her char. Why is she this tiny thing? Does she at least get nanomachines like the TX in T3 did? Otherwise the evil Terminator is just going to sit on her, cuz they're both metal and he weighs more. Yanno? And, um, since when are EMOTIONS considered a design improvement? They're just doing it to set up some kind of strange romantic subplot between her and John Connor. *eyeroll*

Posted by Jess at February 1, 2008 7:35 AM

My dearest Joshilyn...you have had a strong leaning toward feathered hats and their cousins the boas for quite longer than you have had this snotty nose!

Posted by Meaghan at February 1, 2008 3:27 PM

jordan striped rib jersey

Posted by listik-28081 at February 2, 2008 12:49 PM

jordan striped rib jersey

Posted by listik-28081 at February 2, 2008 12:49 PM

jordan striped rib jersey

Posted by listik-28081 at February 2, 2008 12:49 PM

That was absolutely hilarious. I wandered over here via Lani's site, but I had to subscribe to the feed halfway through this post--and I don't even watch TV, so I missed all too many of the references.

Hope you're feeling better by now, and good luck on the word count!

Posted by Caryn at February 2, 2008 1:08 PM

adobe classroom in a book

Posted by listik-28081 at February 3, 2008 11:45 AM

is it normal to have a lump during breast reduction recovery lake barkley campgrounds kuttawa female lawyer when to have kids teen poetry contests classifieds of palm beach county hardcore gangbangs butt impants brazil no hardcore dancing in the living room cockatiels 2mouth aguid

Posted by listik-28081 at February 10, 2008 12:56 AM