Comments: *Snorfle*

I do hope you recover from your leprosy soon. Sounds positively ucky. Glad you rallied enough to post-- I was going through withdrawals from my blog fix!

Posted by Jill at January 25, 2008 12:21 PM

I hear leprosy is hard to kick. So glad Maisy has your back.

Posted by Lisa Milton at January 25, 2008 12:35 PM

so i take it you're not shouting out "hamalamadingdong!" in shear joy, but perhaps with a rather disgusted sneer.....

Posted by dramamama at January 25, 2008 12:38 PM

You're such a HAM! I couldn't resist! My guess for dinner this weekend is porkchops.

~Lia

Posted by Sarah at January 25, 2008 1:07 PM

Enter Vikings, stage left
"ham ham ham ham..." sung ad nauseum

At least it was a Honeybaked ham, which is the pinnacle of lovely ham-ness ;-)

Hope you're feeling better soon, pretty tulip!

Posted by Beth at January 25, 2008 1:49 PM

Ugh. Not a fan of ham to begin with. Although it does make for a nice frittata, if you still have ham.

Have fun this weekend! I hear girls' weekends are just the thing for leprosy. ;)

Posted by amy at January 25, 2008 1:55 PM

Don't forget to take your little bells to ring as you walk through town. You know, ring the bells, shout "Leprosy! Unclean! Unclean!"

I went to the dr. yesterday. Tested negative for flu. That was good, but I bet it was leprosy. Didn't test me for that. Have fun with Mama. My mom and I had a girls getaway week end last year at the Biltmore in Asheville. That's where I met you Joshilyn.

Posted by Rhonda at January 25, 2008 2:46 PM

Did you know that Honeybaked recommends freezing what you aren't going to be using immediately. For the pollyanna view-at least you had something ready-fixed to feed your family while you were sick. That is what we ended up doing with our Christmas ham. That is when we had the flu, so the Honeybaked came in very handy as all I had to do was pop some frozen veggies in the microwave and viola dinner was done!
Have a fun weekend with your mum! Hope you feel better too!

Posted by Heather at January 25, 2008 3:27 PM

God bless Miss Maisy! That is so sweet praying for her momma's leprosy to be cured. She's a doll!

Posted by Heather at January 25, 2008 3:29 PM

oh my goodness! Not only did this remind me of the Spam skit by Monty Python (spam with spam, etc.), it also reminded me of the song Leprosy, sung to the tune of the Beatles' "Yesterday"--
Leprosy
all my skin is falling off of me
I'm not half the man I used to be
oh, Leprosy, is eating me...

I learned that from a youth pastor.....

Posted by Pattie at January 25, 2008 4:11 PM

I understand that to cure leprosy you have to get a ham vaccine. Just to be on the safe side, you should probably get the mashed potatoes and gravy vaccine as well. I'm just dying here, so funny. Maisy is SO her mother's child.

It reminds me of the Open House for my son Joe's kindergarten class. Right there for all to see he'd had a teacher fill in his "I love my mom because..." paper with "because she takes me to the bullfights."
WHAT!? I so did NOT take my son to the bullfights. The rodeo - yes. Bullfights - NO!

And by the way, that ham of yours - would you eat it on a train? In the rain? With a fox? In a box? It had to be asked.

Posted by Laume at January 26, 2008 2:29 AM

I used to LOVE that party! So sorry you can't go! I got a pizza stone at that party one year! AND I got rid of Kevin's Starship Enterprise telephone! Ahhhh, memories...good times. feel better and enjoy your girl time! ;)

Posted by Amy-Go at January 26, 2008 1:06 PM

Glad to know it wasn't leprosy. You might have lost your typing fingers.

Posted by liz at January 26, 2008 1:36 PM

Glad you're feeling better. Hope the girlie weekend is all that you desire, and HAM-free. Although...with all that ham, at least you didn't have to worry about dehydration, as a result of your LEPROSY. Heh. Party on!

Posted by ZaZa at January 26, 2008 2:50 PM

Maisy for president!

Or at least advisor to Mrs. Clinton.

Posted by parrotzmom at January 26, 2008 4:51 PM

I know I come along late with this info, but you know you can FREEZE ham in smaller chunks--or one biggun--so you don't need to die of overhamification. You knew that, right?

Posted by Donna at January 28, 2008 10:34 PM