Comments: THE VIRTUAL SIGNING

That's so cool! I recently got into quilting but I haven't started a full quilt b/c I lack a sewing machine and the patience to hand-quilt. So. Waiting on the machine. I'm not a huge fan of applique stuff, but that quilt is so detailed and awesome. Definitely wish I'd get to see it, but alas, I live in Philly and the nearest signing would be, uh, Albany, and that is not actually 'near".

Posted by Jess at January 22, 2008 9:19 AM

YAy! Is the audio book coming out at the same time or later? That is how I first came to discover your work-- I picked up an audiobook (Between, Georgia) that looked interesting to me (based on the summary on the back) to pass the time on a car trip. I had NO idea it would be that good. I am sure I looked like a nut, because I would have to sit in the car-- in a parking lot or wherever and listen until I reached a point where I could wrench my self away from the story. At some points I was yelling at Nonny (when it seemed she would not make the appointment)-- "Go! Go now! Go!!!"

I have since given the book to my sisters and friends. Honestly, I bought a whole stack of them at my local bookseller to give away.

Anyway, long way round to say great book, and GREAT reading of same. I am going to buy the hardback and audio of TGWSS. Can't wait!

Posted by Jill at January 22, 2008 10:08 AM

By this point, given...things...I should be much cooler about this, but: yay! I get to meet you!

The audiobook should be available at the same time (or nearly) as the hardcover.

And, must say, what with all the spam lately: That mailing address isn't your home address, I hope!

Posted by Anon. (Sorry!) at January 22, 2008 10:39 AM

Note to self: Begin work convincing husband that a Saturday afternoon drive in LA traffic will be PLEASANT.

You are coming to LA! I am in San Diego! I don't know if I will be able to make it up there, but I am sure going to TRY.

Those quilts are beauteous -- but as much as I would like one of them, I am MORE excited about finally getting to read TGWSS.

Posted by Aimee at January 22, 2008 10:47 AM

SO sad you are not coming anywhere near me...AGAIN...and that you'll be in my favorite place...AGAIN...on Feb.29 and I absolutely cannot join you...SIGH...

Posted by Amy-Go at January 22, 2008 11:01 AM

I pink puffy heart the postcard quilts. Oh my yes. SO PRETTY.

I'm thinking Amy-Go needs a Georgia vacation. Like, maybe when you're in town here with me. I think I shall send her an email. :D

Posted by Mir at January 22, 2008 1:12 PM

Oxford MS is not too far from me. Unless you will be in Memphis or Nashville, I shall make the pilgrimage. Always wanted to see Oxford from a walking standpoint, not a driving through real quick can't stop here gotta get home view. I, too, bought the audios of both previously released. Will buy the audio again.

And the quilt is phenomenal! I have to do squares or rectangles on my quilts, like a puzzle, all the pieces must fit just right. I so admire the imagination and creativity of quilt artists. There's a difference you know - quilt artist and quilt maker. Have you read the Quiltmaker's Gift by Jeff Brumbeau? Great traditional quilts in the illustrations.

(It's not bad manners to talk about another's book on your page, is it? If so, I apologize.)

Posted by Rhonda at January 22, 2008 1:48 PM

I live close enough to Powell's that I will probably make it the Portland event. Yay!!

Posted by Barratt at January 22, 2008 1:58 PM

I was just telling my dear friend: a)how much I love your books/blog and that I need her to read you, straight away b)that I needed you to come to the west coast, preferable Portland so we could go to your reading.

I knew I could make A happen. B, not so much.

And yet. Yet. You are coming to Powell's. I am so excited.

(I promise I will not act all stalker-like. Pinky swear.)

Posted by Lisa Milton at January 22, 2008 2:23 PM

Can't make it to Oxford for your signing in March... I'll be teaching an iconography workshop in Memphis that weekend! Hate to miss you. Ordered a book from BOOKSMITH today for the "Virtual Signing" and also sent in my postcard for the drawing. Have a great time touring!

Posted by Susan Cushman at January 22, 2008 3:19 PM

Posted by Susan Cushman at January 22, 2008 3:19 PM

Since you are coming to New England after March 7, I'll hedge my bets and pre-order. I still don't think a nighttime trek to Boston is going to work out, but...you never know.

In addition to foisting you onto my sister, I recommended you to a blog friend in Australia. I was so happy to spread the Joshilyn love Down Under.

Posted by amy at January 22, 2008 4:14 PM

Beautiful quilts! I have the book ordered somewhere else, but I would like to send a postcard for the contest....but I live in Canada. Is that allowed?

Thanks! (p.s. - Am SOOO excited to read TGWSS!!!!)

Posted by Lindsey at January 22, 2008 5:13 PM

omg omg omg!!! you're coming to my city!!!! i'm so excited i can hardly stand it!

i will SO be there!

and my husband wants to know when the audiobook of "between" is going to be available. he is waiting patiently (or not) for it..... see? i have hooked him too!

Posted by janet at January 22, 2008 7:22 PM

I looked at your appearances page and thought, ooh she'll be in Fair Hope! But I won't. And then Wisconsin? And Oregon (LOVE Powells) and I started having little palpitations ... maybe you would make it to the interior of our great country. The middle land locked states like books too! The Tattered Cover in Denver is a fine independent book seller and I bet they would love to have you. Come to Colorado. We have mountains and well, a lot of the same things other places do. I'll let you stay at my house. That might have sounded creepier than intended.

Posted by Catherine at January 23, 2008 12:03 AM

Sorry, I got distracted . . salty margarita cookies?

I am so looking forward to reading TGWSS!

Posted by Brigitte at January 23, 2008 6:52 AM

YEAH! You're coming to the NW! I am SO there, and I can't wait to meet you.

Getting to see the Bride Quilt is just gravy (I *adore* art quilts, though the quilts I actually make are much more traditional).

Posted by Katrina Stonoff at January 23, 2008 9:50 AM

I'm in!

Posted by Stephanie at January 23, 2008 12:15 PM

You travel from Fairhope to MILWAUKEE?
Oh, Honey. Bless your heart!

All those lovely, warm places - Kiawah, Atlanta, Birmingham, Fairhope.....Wake up the next day in Milwaukee....

(Being from Chicago, I took a blood oath at age 11 to pick on Milwaukee at every opportunity - Thanks for the opening!)

Posted by City Girl at January 23, 2008 12:16 PM

Janet- the audio book of "Between" is available, and it is incredible! Listening to Joshilyn read the characters makes you feel like you are there. I cannot recommend it enough.

Posted by Jill at January 23, 2008 1:11 PM

Janet-

Or try this:

Posted by Jill at January 23, 2008 1:14 PM

PLEASE come to Peachtree City!!! We have a great little book store (Omega). I'll personally escort you there in my golf cart. Or Kathleen will; she is a demon on it. Are you doing anything in PS? Right before we moved The Owl Tree was up for sale.

Posted by Kim at January 23, 2008 3:35 PM

the great state of kentucky, particularly louisville area, would love to welcome you.......

Posted by dramamama at January 23, 2008 4:06 PM

by the way, there is a major quilting museum here in ky.......berea is sort of a quilting mecca....

Posted by dramamama at January 23, 2008 4:26 PM

::sigh:: You're not coming to Kansas City, or Topeka, or Lincoln (Nebraska), or Wichita. I looked TWICE. I considered visiting a good friend who lives in Portland. ::sigh:: But I can't. Since I always send a relative of my husband's to your book signing at the Alabama Booksmith, as my proxy, to buy your new book (and how cool is that, to be able to say "always" which means that you've written enough books for me to have a traditional plan) and he has a pretty good supply of relatives in Birmingham, I'll do that again. And send you a postcard for the drawing. Because I would put soft paws kitty claw guards on an unsedated Schubert to get a Pamala Allen postcard quiltlet.

Posted by Leslie Noon at January 25, 2008 5:50 PM