Comments: Three Things

Wow. Wow. Wow.

I'll try to come back when I've regained my power of speech. That quilt--wow.

Posted by amy at January 14, 2008 10:10 AM

Dude, Amy-Go READ MY MIND and STOLE MY COMMENT.

I would have to hate her a little, if she wasn't such an amazing pie-making wonder.

Posted by Mir at January 14, 2008 11:14 AM

hi, new commenter here :)

i've had the pleasure of reading TGWSS in galley form and i have to say that Allen's interpretation of Laurel's quilt just BLEW ME AWAY. it is so ALIVE--it was alive in the book too, so seeing it come to fruition is amazing. i want one!

Posted by christina at January 14, 2008 11:19 AM

Fabulous quilt. It just makes me want to start quilting, not stealing.

And harooo, harray! You are coming to the Bay Area, and specifically, book Passage in Corte Madera! Wow!

Posted by hollygee at January 14, 2008 11:31 AM

I was just reading Fic-Facts and it reminded me of Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. If you haven't read it, the book is about the consequences of being able to do just what you wished for- although the characters in the book cannot always control what it is that they 'will' out of the books.

The quilt is amazing!

Posted by Laura at January 14, 2008 1:47 PM

The quilt is awesome, and I love the Fic-Facts page! And, Laura--I think I recall that they're about to release the film version of Inkheart.....

Posted by Erin at January 14, 2008 3:26 PM

HAHAHA! "Are you bringing sexy back...from rehab?" that made me laugh so hard all my co-workers got quiet and looked at me like I am a crazy person... *wipes tear* oh, man, hilarious-ness...

Posted by Jessica at January 14, 2008 3:40 PM

I hope you are a) driving to Talle (because I have flown and quite frankly, driving is less of a hassle) b) on said drive go through Thomasville, GA and c) while in Thomasville stop at Sweet Grass for The.Best.Cheese.Ever. (http://www.sweetgrassdairy.com/).
I kid you not, it is criminal how good some of their cheeses are.

Posted by Tequila Cookie Chris at January 14, 2008 4:46 PM

wow. The quilt looks almost like I imagined it, when I read it.
WOW!
Love the new fic-fact

Posted by Desi at January 14, 2008 5:12 PM

I love that quilt so much. Makes me want to get back to quilting.

You're coming to Book Passage, Joshilyn??? Yay!
It will be so nice to finally see you in person. I almost said, "hear," but I've got the audio book of between. ;+)

I'll see you there, Holly. Nice to meet you, too, after all these years.

Posted by ZaZa at January 14, 2008 5:22 PM

Is that a "for real tooth" on one of the shoes?

Posted by Wilma at January 14, 2008 7:54 PM

Yay, I could win a bottle of Jack Daniels!

Posted by Brigitte at January 15, 2008 5:16 AM

Loved the quilt--just so beautiful, and I love ANYTHING that gives me a few more words from TGWSS until I can read it for myself. I am so glad you posted the words with the quilt--they go hand in hand and complete each other.

Posted by Roxanne at January 15, 2008 1:33 PM