Comments: With Friends With Names Like These, Karen Seems Suddenly Vanilla

I love Maisy.

Hateful spiders.

Posted by daysgoby at January 7, 2008 7:23 AM

I miss that little girl.

Posted by Karen Abbott at January 7, 2008 8:23 AM

I can just see the holy light shining off of Maisy!

Too bad Noah put a pair of Spiders on that Ark.

Posted by Amy-Go at January 7, 2008 8:44 AM

The spiders may have found you because of the title of the post had the word Bordello in it....What ya think???
jean

Posted by jean at January 7, 2008 8:55 AM

I was going to suggest the same as Jean. You have be having infestations due to *ahem* certain words in posts/titles lately. I like the bedroom, btw.

But funnny!! Everybody at our church knows the answer is always, "Jesus/Bible/God!" and they say it just like that, all at once. :D

Posted by Jess at January 7, 2008 9:03 AM

maisy is too too precious.

and have you considered word verification? i personally hate that, but sometimes it is necessary (like now).

Posted by janet at January 7, 2008 10:09 AM

I think the erf is being flooded this week. God started in California.

Sorry 'bout the spiders. But your new bedroom is SO LOVELY! Seriously, even without the full effect of the glaze, it's gorgeous. It would NOT bore Nina!

Posted by Aimee at January 7, 2008 11:03 AM

When Scott returns? Have him port you over to Wordpress. Better spam control. Pinky swear!

I miss Maisy, too.

Posted by Mir at January 7, 2008 1:38 PM

Sometimes the erf deserves it, dumb spammers.

We'll still be reading, even if you can't hear us.

Posted by Lisa Milton at January 7, 2008 2:07 PM

Mir beat me to it - WordPress! It will work much, MUCH better for spam control than MT, for real and for true.

I heart Maisy. :-)

Posted by DebR at January 7, 2008 4:56 PM

Agree about Wordpress, but you'll need more than one plugin, and I'd go to Googlemail, too. x

Posted by diane at January 7, 2008 5:03 PM

And on behalf of all of us of the L-word persuasion (don't wanna use it for fear it'll bring on more spiders), I apologize, even though I know we personally didn't do it.

And we're not particularly interested in the..er..other stuff you're getting spidered with!

But oh my isn't Maisy just right?! I mean, in general, not perhaps in THAT particular answer.

Posted by Fran at January 7, 2008 6:37 PM

OH HAI.

365 means weekends. Slacker.

Posted by Lydia at January 7, 2008 10:48 PM

I love Maisy stories. Right now I think Georgia's erf could stand for a little flooding- send the rain from California, Aimee!

Sorry about the spam bots. But your new bedroom is pretty.

Posted by erinanne at January 7, 2008 10:50 PM

I have a little boy, so I just love the Miss Maisy stories.

Posted by Heather at January 7, 2008 11:47 PM

I think Maisy got it right: God did flood the "erf" with angels and shepherds and good will and started all over. Thanks for the new way of looking at Christmas Maisy!

Posted by Marty at January 8, 2008 10:51 AM

The World According Maisy always makes me laugh!

Posted by Lisa at January 9, 2008 11:23 AM

The Maisy story is too fabulous! Flood the erf, indeed.

Thanks for the additional Connelly suggestions a few posts back (comments now closed, I think -- damn bots). I'm re-reading The Poet and trying to fall in love. But Lehane will always be my main man.....

Posted by RuthWells at January 9, 2008 9:36 PM

awesome story. So is Karen changing her name?

Posted by Cele at January 10, 2008 2:02 AM

So, basically, what you're telling us is that the spam on this site is giving the title "Faster Than Kudzu" a brand new meaning...

My sympathies. I killed comments on my blog a couple of years ago for the same reason. Of course, there is a difference between us. You actually have commenters.

Posted by Dr Chuck Pearson at January 10, 2008 5:39 AM

We love the Maisy stories! I have a little boy who is quite fond of Miss Maisy. We miss her dearly. Happy New Year JJ! I'm sorry the spiders have infested the comments.

Posted by Melissa Black at January 10, 2008 6:17 PM