Comments: If You Need Me, I Will Be Lolling in My Home Bordello

Oooooo! I covet. Everything but the cat, though Dexter could probably give Franz a run for this money...

Posted by Karen Abbott at January 4, 2008 5:53 PM

I really like it. :)

~Lia

Posted by Sarah at January 4, 2008 6:13 PM

I think it looks beautiful!

Posted by Lindsey at January 4, 2008 6:48 PM

Gorgeoumas!

Posted by Rhonda at January 4, 2008 6:50 PM

Very, very pretty. I've seen that candlelight paint stuff before, plus I have a good imagination, so I am imagining your walls more as they probably are and less as they appear (what?) and it's MAHVELOUS.

Posted by Mir at January 4, 2008 6:57 PM

Pretty!! And Schubert adds the perfect decadent accent. :-)

Posted by DebR at January 4, 2008 9:43 PM

Luxe.

Plush.

Sumptuous.

Okay ... I'm out of words using that particular vowel tone.

I have a little phone table similar to yours, except more beat up - it's an antique. Or so the eBay people claimed.

Posted by lkmadigan at January 4, 2008 9:43 PM

I suggested the fabric wall-- yay me! ; ) (I sound like King Julien from the movie "Madagascar" "That was my plan!! I thought of that!!" -- If you've never seen the movie, never mind, or go out and rent it- very funny stuff.)

The room looks great, and I love the idea of the curtain wall. It provides a great backdrop to the bed.

Posted by Jill at January 4, 2008 10:15 PM

What a lovely room you've built for Schubert! I do hope he'll let you use it sometimes. However, knowing felines as I do, and seeing the beauty and glory of that room, I suspect he's going to expect someone to be feeding him in Waterford crystal on that plush bed.

Oh beautiful and amazingly wonderful and congratulations!

Posted by Fran at January 4, 2008 11:48 PM

Ohmigawd! how do you sleep in that room? I'd keep turnign the lights on to see how pretty it is. But then again you could use soft candle light...never mind

very beautimous

Posted by Cele at January 5, 2008 12:37 AM

Ha, I will take credit for ME ME ME because I said to make the wall match the lighter border of the comforter, MWA HA HA!

I bet the comforter wasn't even quite settled into place when Schubert hopped on up.

Posted by Brigitte at January 5, 2008 7:45 AM

OOOooooooooooooh...AAAaaaaaaaahhhh....

Posted by Amy-Go at January 5, 2008 9:30 AM

Lovely!

Posted by Melisa at January 5, 2008 10:10 AM

you picked the perfect color for the walls.
very pretty!

Posted by elizabeth at January 5, 2008 11:07 AM

Very well done! And since cats have such good taste in decorating (my cat only bites on the leather sofa) it's appropriate that Schubert approves.

Posted by Cathi at January 5, 2008 12:27 PM

I love it. I would have loved purple too, if it wasn't too matchy matchy because I'm very allergic to m-m, but I this is really more my colors (thank god, in case I ever come and sleep in your bedroom, that will be incredibly important). And since I'm a fan of deep colors, it looks great even if they look the way they do in the photos, although since I practically got my degree in painting by turning my old grungy living room walls into faux old artsy European walls last year, I think I can imagine them more the way they look in person.

The only thing is that the bed not being centered in front of the drapes is giving me nightmares in a compulsive Monk way. I'm sure there's a totally legitimate reason, like Maizy climbs in with you at night and you don't want her to fall out, but could you please just lie to me and tell you you've moved the bed over? Thanks.

Posted by Laume at January 5, 2008 3:54 PM

NO! I have to sleep by a wall or the thing under the bed creeps up and murders me in my sleep <---true.

Posted by joshilyn at January 5, 2008 4:13 PM

Schubert loves his new surrounds. You really outdid yourself fixing up his bedroom. He thanks you. Very pretty, my cats are jealous!

Posted by Heather at January 5, 2008 5:00 PM

Very lovely - definitely the sumptuous room you deserve!

Posted by Diane (TT) at January 5, 2008 6:01 PM

Joss, is your cat typing in your blog comments again??

Posted by sara at January 6, 2008 11:54 AM

Okay, now I completely and totally understand your meg@d!ck crisis. This is insane spamming. Wow. It was much cuter when I thought it was the pirate...

Posted by sara at January 6, 2008 7:37 PM

...at least the nasty spammers are polite? Oy. Sorry they've gotten to the blog. Bleh.

On a happier note, the room looks amazing! Love the colors :)

Posted by Jessie at January 7, 2008 5:04 AM