Comments: Wisdom Has Four Paws and Poops in a Box

Yeah, it kind of worked for my dilemma too. Dammit.

No pie for you, and no love for me, apparently.

Posted by redzils at December 17, 2007 1:04 PM

Well it did not work for me. I asked if I should exercise today and got something about a burning kitty. Um, If I workout, I'll get a yeast infection? I don't know.

Eat the pie.

Posted by jennielynn at December 17, 2007 1:19 PM

so sorry. seemed to answer my question. invisible movie explosion = I am doomed, and no pie for you. =(

Posted by elizabeth at December 17, 2007 1:37 PM

I think you are on to something about the all-knowing icanhascheesburger LOLcats. I asked if my family will go totally berkserk this Christmas and I got the "OK, NOW URE STARTIN TO BORE ME" LOLcat. It's right too! My family WILL BORE ME this Christmas! They always do. Sorry!

Posted by Trace at December 17, 2007 1:37 PM

I asked if I was going to have a smooth safe trip home and I got "I is getting good reception" message. I'm going to take that as a positive.

Sorry, I think it worked for me.

Posted by aka nik at December 17, 2007 1:42 PM

FOUR positives! And ONE negative, which I dispute. Don't you remember that whole FEEL THE BURN thing in the early 90's? BURNING CAT was a CLEAR "yes, go work out," sorry Jennielynn.

Dern those lolcats.

Scott, meanwhile, just finished reading LANGUAGE OF GOD by that guy who mapped the human genome, and he asked the lolcats if he should read another NONFIC book or break out a novel.

He feels the lols failed him because they showed him a picture of a cat sitting upside down against the wall and it said CHCK BRAKES PLS, which he says is NOT an answer, but, see...CATS CAN'T DRIVE. Clearly he is to read fiction next. *sigh*

It appears so far that the Lols are infallible!!!!

Posted by Joshilyn at December 17, 2007 2:07 PM

OK, I think I got a positive response. I hadn't decided at first whether it was positive or negative, but I think it was positive. So we'll go with that.

Posted by Erin at December 17, 2007 2:25 PM

I have not made any comments for many moons, but I have shamelessly resurfaced for this one...

...because you are right, LOLCATS DO know all. Grrrr.

I asked it if I would ever, ever, EVER learn to manage my money so that I am not, at the end of every week, scraping the back shelf of the fridge into a casserole dish to get my sustenance.

It showed me a puppy in a hole saying is digging to China, brb.

So...no. I will NEVER get out of my hole. Damn puppies.

Posted by Casey at December 17, 2007 2:44 PM

The answers I got were all entirely unrelated to my questions. I hope. I can't even think of how I could twist them into answers that had anything to do with my dilemma.

Aside from the fact that icanhascheezburger itself is the main reason I don't seem to be getting work done, and one of the questions I asked was "why am I not getting any work done today?" But the specific answer I got didn't say much about that.

Posted by Shanna Swendson at December 17, 2007 3:20 PM

I tried it asking "Should Joshilyn eat all she wants at Christmas?" and got back a beautiful black and white kitty looking at a glass, saying "I can has tsty bvragz plz?" so maybe you can't have three different kinds of pie at one sitting, but you can certainly indulge in other types of holiday cheer!

Posted by Fran at December 17, 2007 3:20 PM

Similar to Fran, I asked, "Should Joshilyn eat lots of pie at Christmas?" and I got a baby white kitten in a Barbie airplane saying: I'm in ur plane...playin wif ur barbiez.

So there!

No matter what you eat at Christmas, you will still look like a Barbie to the rest of us!!!!

Posted by Caren at December 17, 2007 3:28 PM

I asked if I was going to finish my novel any time soon:

Hmmmm...

Posted by Sara at December 17, 2007 4:41 PM

I don't like the LOLcats, so I am not going to their site. But I will tell you that Hamfest happens at our house too.

Posted by Heather at December 17, 2007 6:45 PM

I asked the LOLcats if I would get everything I want for Christmas. I got a cat with it's head turned sideways and an extremely large question mark. So, I think they are telling the truth because I don't even KNOW what I want for Christmas.

BTW, here's what I do for the thin thing. I just picture myself in my mind as very tall and thin. And most of the time it really works. The trick is just don't look in the mirror. Cause then it all comes crashing down on you!

Posted by Leandra at December 17, 2007 8:51 PM

I asked The Great LOLCats if this week at work was going to seem interminably long leading up to the long Hamfest...er...Holiday weekend and I got a photo of a pitiful, semi-drowned looking kitty that said "please to put toylet seat down...kthxbai"

I take that as a big freakin' YES. Sigh...

Posted by DebR at December 17, 2007 9:13 PM

I asked how to get my act together. I got "ful hoos beets pare" I guess I need to gamble more.

Posted by Laura L at December 17, 2007 9:22 PM

Um. I asked it if I should quit my job to become a full-time freelance proofreader and got a baby cat saying "Juvenile Diabeetus". I'd say it's not really doling out appropriate answers regularly...

Posted by JenA at December 17, 2007 9:56 PM

I didn't have a burning question, I just needed a laugh. What I found was a cat, whose lower half was peaking out from underneath a bed. The caption read, "Looks liek u need a new manifold."

Really it made me think of the "Boobs stuck under the bed in Paris" story.

Posted by Cele at December 18, 2007 2:02 AM

Well, I hate to go against the tide, but I asked the lolcats your question, i.e. "What should Joss do?" and my first result was "Yur glowstix. Wi eated dem." The second was "I haz mah cheezburger." I think the lolcats are telling me that you should eat everything you can, even if it does not at first appear to be actual food. However, this directly contradicts what the lolcats told everyone else.

I don't know. Maybe it's Opposite Day in Germany.

Posted by alala at December 18, 2007 2:59 AM

I asked if I would always be so freakin' fat: 1st try, picture wouldn't come up. 2nd try, got an upsidedown kitty saying "Oh snap", 3rd try got a cat saying something about masturbation. I was sure I'd get a giant, mutant pillow-kitty.

I would say, epic fail.

Posted by Brigitte at December 18, 2007 5:42 AM

I asked if I would make it through what promises to be a sucky week. I was given a cat telling a little duck that it liked it so it would eat it last. Perhaps I'm being pessimistic in assuming I'm the duck in this situation?

Posted by Jessica at December 18, 2007 8:16 AM

I asked "will I ever be cured of my cat allergies?" and I got a glimpse of my future. the LOLcat was a hand throwing a cat out with the caption "Y U frowin meh out, I liek it here :(" Thus I shall never be cured and the future for my cats looks bleak

LOLcats appears to be psychic

Posted by megan at December 18, 2007 8:37 AM

Ummm... I'll go try to lolcats thing, but mayhap you should read this, in the interim?

Posted by Alix R at December 18, 2007 9:07 AM

I asked about how to make Christmas better, happier, shinier for all in my family (because...that is my responsibility of course) and I got...

Accelerate to ramming speed.

Indeed.

Posted by Megan at December 18, 2007 10:29 AM

Yeah, I think it's a coincidence. I tried four times, and only the fourth time did I get anything that I could even begin to wrangle into meaning.

Posted by Aimee at December 18, 2007 10:46 AM

My brain is too fried to think of a question, but my most favorite (recent) lolcat was the gorgeous fluffy kitty that said, "I poop rainbows." Hilarious!

Posted by Roxanne at December 18, 2007 11:41 AM

You breaked it. I just got a message saying their bandwidth is about to pop and would we all please give them money. A little short in the charm department -- I'd call it an abstention.

Posted by rams at December 18, 2007 4:06 PM

EPIC failure. Eat pie. x

Posted by diane at December 18, 2007 4:23 PM

I asked it how I can get my kid to stop acting like a snarling hostile alien when I pick her up in the afternoons, and I got "Eek! A mouse!" with totally freaked-out kitty picture:

I'm thinking this is an Epic Fail. Or maybe it means I should wave a mouse at my kid at pickup.

Posted by elswhere at December 18, 2007 9:26 PM

What will 2008 bring me?

I say EPIC FAIL. EAT PIE

Posted by ScottsdaleGirl at December 19, 2007 2:06 PM

Hello! I'm MikeDoe! Check out my site!

Posted by MikeDoe at December 19, 2007 3:45 PM

Okay, that was kind of creepy.

I asked, "Should I stay up another hour and try to finish sewing my little girl's present tonight or should I go to bed?"

And I got this.

Two cats asleep on a chair with the caption "We be chilln'."

SO I'm off to bed because the lolcats seem very wise just now.

Posted by carrien at December 20, 2007 4:26 AM