Comments: How is Crazy Farm Plan Like The Red Queen’s Jam? PART TWO

I think I need to organize one of those Trunk or Treat things up here next year....

So beautiful! And my three year old just saw Maisy's costume and now she wants it too!

('scuse me whilst I go off and cry.....)

Posted by daysgoby at October 30, 2007 10:48 AM

My only problem with trunk of treats is that around here they want to do it on Halloween instead of trick or treating. And I don't want to miss trick or treating itself. I love Halloween because it is just for fun and you don't have to try to make it be all serious and have a deeper meaning like other holidays. But some people have to take the fun out of everything.

Posted by Cathi at October 30, 2007 11:03 AM

By the way, since you have the Bagel candy machine, and I suspect that this won't be the only mess he makes, you should look into getting some "zero odor". It does a great job on odors but it also gets rid of stains. I've used it to get rid of some really big nasty dog and cat stains on my beige carpet. You can order it on line.

Posted by Cathi at October 30, 2007 11:15 AM

THAT is awesome! Could you come and do my house next halloween?

Posted by Madame Queen at October 30, 2007 11:17 AM

You are one million percent more creative than I am. I am not showing this picture to my children lest they find out I am merely mortal.

Posted by Anette at October 30, 2007 11:53 AM

It's really all about the memories. Your kids look awesome.

Posted by amy at October 30, 2007 11:58 AM

What a cute idea! Our doggie will eat anything he can find. The kids had a huge laugh watching him poop out the saran wrap from some "treat" he ate.

Posted by Laura L at October 30, 2007 12:21 PM

I want to shoot hobgoblins and win candy!!!!!!

What do you mean that wasn't the point of the story? Hmph.

Posted by DebR at October 30, 2007 12:29 PM

You got some scary JUNK in your TRUNK!

Sorry, sorry. I couldn't resist the "junk in the trunk" joke.

I'm also jealous of your Target bags. I haven't been to Target in months. I miss Target.

Posted by aka nik at October 30, 2007 2:09 PM

THAT is a bad-ass trunk. Congrats on your prize! Not that it matters or anything...

Posted by Aimee at October 30, 2007 2:25 PM

Scott, Scott, Scott,

It is SO about winning!

Posted by jennielynn at October 30, 2007 2:32 PM

Awesome Trunk or Treat! Congrats on the prize! Hopefully the glow of winning outshines the icky dog-eaten-candy cleanup.

Posted by JenniferG at October 30, 2007 3:14 PM

Your trunk rocks double. And can you just tell Sam that those are NOT ex-Skittles stains, they are a new rug which has a number of miniature versions of Twister printed on it?

Posted by Cornelia Read at October 30, 2007 3:51 PM

AAaawwwwww!!I wish I had been there! I would knock those old hobgoblins off their perches! That is a wonderful idea. We have some trunk or treats around here at various churches but I've never been to one. I didn't know everyone's vehicle got decorated like that. I will have to talk to the children's ministry council at my church and see about this. In the meantime, hope everything "came out ok" with the dog.

Posted by Rhonda at October 30, 2007 7:50 PM

I'm thinking back to when our oldest was Sam's age, and I vaguely remember doggie disaster, and I also remember hauling out to get replacement candy in addition to having to clean up rented carpet, because it was my fault the dog got into the candy, and I was SO not going to have had to clean up nasty carpet and suffer through deeply sighing and miserable child.

That is a GREAT trunk and you should have won ALL the prizes, but I guess they had to be generous, since that's sort of what Halloween is about, especially on the candy front.

Posted by Fran at October 30, 2007 9:22 PM

Maisy is truly a beautiful and ethereal fairy. And Sam is...very scary indeed.

I can assure you that - after a very unfortunate canine/skittles encounter of my own a few years back - you will be hard pressed to find a way to get that dye out of your carpet. But if you do, can you share, please? It may come in handy again some day. Heaven help me.

Posted by buffi at October 31, 2007 12:32 AM

Thanks so much for sharing that! What a great idea. You are very clever. It must have the hit of the trunk or treat!

Can I use that idea next year??

Posted by Keetha at October 31, 2007 9:29 AM

Never heard of trunk or treat till your blog, what a great idea --- and it looks wonderful!

Jeez. God just gave you ALL the creative genes.

*sigh*

Posted by timmi at October 31, 2007 2:07 PM

I want to trunk or treat! No, I do not want to compete with your trunk, I want to PLAY! In fact, I NEVER want to compete/lose to you and your creative juices. We would all just drown.

(And I hope no YMITDS allowed!)

Posted by Patti at October 31, 2007 10:05 PM

Oh, I'm so sorry about the Trunk or Treat debacle! It's things like that that have meant that my in-laws basset hounds are forever banished to the land of "downstairs," by the means of a baby gate on the landing. I think the final straw was the time they found one of them ON TOP of the kitchen table.

I love your trunk, by the way! Beautiful decorations!

Posted by Lindsey at November 1, 2007 12:55 PM

You are the BEST mom. (Not that I'm trying to put you at the lead of another competition, or anything.)

My sister and I hung out at the bookstore and in the car while we let my husband troop the boys all over town. :)

Posted by Becky Levine at November 1, 2007 2:46 PM

Wow! It looks great! And I love the hobgoblin/fairy contrast.

Posted by Laura Florand at November 1, 2007 7:12 PM

Oh mi gosh wonderful fun, and great memories.

Posted by Cele at November 1, 2007 9:36 PM