Comments: Star Spangled Footnotes

You can waste some time on jacksonpollock.org . . . just drag your mouse around the blank page and click occasionally. Feel relaxed and artistic!

Posted by Brigitte at October 3, 2007 11:55 AM

You can kick my butt on Literati any time, you know.

Posted by Mir at October 3, 2007 12:29 PM

The thought of throwing a book away, not once, but twice, is what keeps me from putting words on a page. Yet somehow I can blog with abandon. Procrastination? Sublimation? Not sure. Anyhoo, I so admire your ability to put pen to page (or fingers to keyboard as the case may be) even if it takes you a while to get to that point.

Posted by Madame Queen at October 3, 2007 1:54 PM

Well, I am really relieved to know that I was at least pronouncing TGWSS correctly all along. If I DON'T believe in something long enough, I'm wondering if will also cease to exist/lose power. For instance, there is no mountanous load of laundry, there are no sugar ants setting up house in my pantry, there is no toppling stack of papers to grade. . .it's working already.

Posted by Roxanne at October 3, 2007 2:55 PM

did someone say online scrabble? :-D

Posted by janet at October 3, 2007 4:19 PM

That whistling sound we're hearing? That would be Joshilyn's mental illness number rising ;-)

Go retreat and make with the crazy book-making, Lady! We'll wait for you.

Posted by Beth at October 3, 2007 4:55 PM

"...said the owl hopefully." The only perfect adverb in all of literature. One does adore you.

Posted by rams at October 3, 2007 5:45 PM

Oh geesh I thought the asterisks towards the end of the post were replacing "bad" words and I spent a good five minutes trying to fit the right word in the sentence...

Posted by Holly at October 3, 2007 6:09 PM

It's sooooo helpful to read about your struggles writing these days, Joshilyn... not that I'm happy that you're struggling, but it encourages me to keep on keeping on! Enjoy your break!

Posted by Susan Cushman at October 3, 2007 11:42 PM

Halfery most absurdily is a word.

The Once and Future King is one of my favorite books. Thank you I need to sit down with it for a while.

Posted by Cele at October 4, 2007 1:53 AM

Yeah, we all pronounce TGWSS as "Buckleberry Ferry." Sorry. Can't change at this point.

And you now owe $3.87 for the footnote tax. Hope it was worth it. NOW who wants to get out and demonstrate? NOW WHO?

Posted by Lydia at October 4, 2007 3:56 PM

I'm addicted to online scrabble! Internet Scrabble Club at www.isc.ro. Are there other good online scrabble sites?

Posted by Kim at October 4, 2007 4:47 PM

You ought to try Chicktionary. Your only competition is yourself. The graphics and sound effects are hilarious.

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm still trying to decode all that post.

Posted by Rhonda at October 4, 2007 11:24 PM

Joshilyn, I so love you that I am coming out of the "blog-stalking" closet long enough to tell you that I laughed at "tibby-tak-em" and "Tibby-ta-ah-mafty-foo" until I peed a little.

Also, I wanted to tell you that Janet is a sore winner at online scrabble. And, she's a disappointment as my first Jewish friend EVER, because she won't even TRY to sound like Maude.

Also, I'm glad I came here today, because I had never even HEARD of Chicktionary. And so I can write in my diary that I learned something today.

Posted by melodyann at October 5, 2007 7:30 AM

I am SO glad I started reading your blog. I read the Tibby-tah-ah-mafty-foo part to cheer me up. That makes me laugh SO HARD!

Yes, I do believe in writers block. It happens ALL THE TIME!!!! However, I do not believe in Hobgoblins, but thanks *note sarcasm* for the idea. Now I'm scared of Writer's Block.

Posted by Lila at October 9, 2007 8:32 PM