Comments: Dirty Watchy

No, you're not the only one who hasn't seen "Survivor" or others of that ilk. Except I DID watch a few episodes of "70's house" or somesuch, where modern young folks had to live with such primitive, outmoded technology - eek!! It was too funny.

Posted by Brigitte at September 27, 2007 5:44 AM

Yeah, throw me on the "never watched Survivor" bandwagon. Possibly even more shocking, I have never seen even a single tiny part (outside of the relentless commercials that are difficult to avoid) of American Idol. I won't say that I eschew all reality TV - the Real World was brand new when I was a dewy teenager, and I watched every season until...well, until I grew up and realized it was stupid, around age 24 or so. I can't believe it's still on. And I do love some of the TLC and HGTV sorts of reality programming - I am a bona fide addict to What Not to Wear and House Hunters (and no, I am not actually house hunting myself but it is so fun to watch).

Speaking of new TV shows this fall, though, I am very very excited about the show Reaper on the CW - the previews I've seen look brilliant and hilarious. I've also heard good things about Chuck and Pushing Daisies, but don't know much about those yet...

Posted by JenA at September 27, 2007 7:54 AM

Haha... if they put some WoW or Sci-fi-ish-ness in Gossip Girl you'd be all over it, wouldn't you?

Posted by Heather at September 27, 2007 9:16 AM

Oh, yes! The actor who plays Harry Dresden IS very yummy! Is that show coming back? Pleeeeeaase?

Posted by jennielynn at September 27, 2007 9:42 AM

Nope, never watched Survivor, American Idol, the Batchelor, Dancing with the Stars, etc etc etc. Seems to be more of us out there than previously thought. I live in reality. Don't need to watch someone else being forced into reality to live. (What did I just say? *confused look on face*)

Is this Karen the same Karen that drinks your chocolat-tinis? Sounds like a fun week end!

Posted by Rhonda at September 27, 2007 9:58 AM

Have a great time at SIBA! I know you'll do wonderfully. I am much looking forward to The Girl Who Stopped Swimming.

Posted by Keetha at September 27, 2007 10:01 AM

I'm now so tempted to watch GG just to see this odd-looking-yet-somehow-appealing person, but I refuse. I refuse to be sucked into yet another TV show! I watch too many of them already! I will be strong and resist, dammit!

To jennielynn - no, sadly, Harry wasn't renewed for another season. :-/ But on the plus side, now when you read the books the series was based on, you can picture the yummy actor as Harry! :-)

Hope SIBA goes wonderfully for you, Joss.

Posted by DebR at September 27, 2007 10:33 AM

Mmmmm... Harry Dresden. Based on books, ya know. By Jim Butcher.

Posted by Laura L at September 27, 2007 10:55 AM

Oh crap! I do not need more hilarious recaps of reality shows I do not watch. Seriously. I am addicted to TwoP ALREADY! Especially anything by Jacob, which means American Idol and The Apprentice; and Miss Alli, which means Survivor and The Amazing Race. And now LYDIA?! With all the reading about TV that I do not watch, when will I have time to watch the TV that I *do* watch?!

*sob*

Posted by Aimee at September 27, 2007 10:56 AM

Harry was very scenic as you say, and sadly canceled. Sad I really liked that show.

Because all the shows I like tend to get canceled I am seriously thinking about watching only reality shows and sports.

Posted by Cele at September 27, 2007 11:50 AM

I thought the Dresden Files was renewed!! Waah! It was very good. a lot better than who wants to be a super hero, and that got renewed... probably too expensive to film. but I REALLY enjoyed watching the actor who played Harry... almost as good as the first and second New Dr. Who's....

Posted by Peggy S at September 27, 2007 6:17 PM

We are addicted to TWoP at my house. I'm always glad when they say all the snarky things that I yelled at the television during the show. It's good to know that I'm not the only one thinking such mean things.

Enjoy SIBA!

Posted by Erin at September 28, 2007 12:59 AM

Congratulations on "Between" being an October Book Club pick for Books-A-Million! Opened up my e-mail this morning and there it was. Hope your SIBA talk goes well.

Posted by Deborah P at September 28, 2007 11:29 AM

I have never missed an episode of Survivor. It is our family show. People know that they shouldn't even call the house on "Survivor Night". It is also our sandwich night too. It is just too fun to watch these train wrecks dig deeper and deeper holes. I could never be on it personally though. I would be the first on voted out. I tend to be bossy and tell it like it is!

Posted by Jo at September 29, 2007 12:53 PM