Comments: Pirate with Cream Filling

Someone predicted this in the comments a while back. Let's all breathe a big sigh of relief.

We have two cats -- one older and one younger. The older one used to stalk us and attack us if we even picked the other cat up. I think he thought everyone was up to no good!

Posted by Leandra at September 5, 2007 8:24 AM

Aaaawwwwww....that's all heart-melty! (In a good way, not an icky horror-movie way.)

Posted by DebR at September 5, 2007 8:43 AM

That's just too cute. So glad they get along!

Posted by Jessie at September 5, 2007 9:10 AM

That's just adorable. I'm so glad they're friends. I wish my cats would stop hissing, growling, snarling, and chasing, especially at 3 am...

Posted by amy at September 5, 2007 9:17 AM

Maybe Schubert rightly figures that now it's two against one with the dog. ;)

Posted by Mir at September 5, 2007 9:51 AM

Toldja! Toldja! Nobody, I said nobody, feline,canine, hu-mine, and sometimes even equine, can resist a yellow striped kitten! I wanna pet him!

Posted by Rhonda at September 5, 2007 10:18 AM

YEA!!! I knew that Shubert would love the little Boggart!!!

Posted by shannon in oregon at September 5, 2007 11:04 AM

I'm thinking there are some Vets that owe you big time money.

great pix

Posted by Cele at September 5, 2007 12:02 PM

Aww! Very cute! I want a kitten now.

So, did the butt rash thing hold true? ;)

Posted by Kristina at September 5, 2007 12:50 PM

So happy that you get to say to Mr. Husband "SEEE! Toldja so!" Congrats on your happy pets!

Posted by jenn at September 5, 2007 1:03 PM

Giggle, awwwww you pick your cats like I pick my dogs. Luckily Spike has turned into a sweatheart unless he thinks comeone is going to hurt me then he grows into a big big dog.

Such a cute picture.

Posted by Vanda at September 5, 2007 1:25 PM

Glad the kitties get along. Your snotty kitty reminds me of my Maggie kitty. She was quite snotty and Darth Vadarish. The vet finally checked her out and determined that she had kitty herpes. It is actually quite common with farm kittens. There is no cure, but it really impresses guests with her monster boogers!

Posted by Jo at September 5, 2007 1:50 PM

SO CUTE! I want kitties. Now. Or puppies. I'm glad your babies get along. It's good to have a big brother.

Posted by aka nik at September 5, 2007 5:00 PM

Sorry folks, but I have met Schubert and I fear he is just lulling Jos into a false sense of security...either that or he sees the kitten as an opportunity to create a minion to aid in his plot to conquer the world!

Posted by Amy-Go at September 5, 2007 5:31 PM

Awwww. That's so sweet. I guess it was just time for Schubie to have a playmate.

I'm glad someone else goes for the disaster animals besides me. I bought AND PAID FOR!!! two bald lovebirds. They had some incurable disease (beak and feather?), and the pet shop was going to kill them. The guy was such a freak, he probably planned to wring their necks. So, I bought them.

Go, you!

Posted by ZaZa at September 5, 2007 5:57 PM

That is the most adorable thing I have ever seen. Even though I am allergic to cats and WILL DIE a horrible, shrieking death if I am near one...

And I think you are the coolest person EVER for always going for the underdog... er, I mean undercat.

Posted by melodyann at September 5, 2007 10:13 PM

Maybe Shubert is a big ole mama cat in grumpy old man fur?

Posted by Catherine at September 5, 2007 10:14 PM

Wow. Boggart is unbelievably tiny next to your monster Schubert! And he really is so cute. Stripey yellow kitties always are, especially when they come with soft little white paws.

We too had snotty kitties. Hordes and scads of them, actually. The mucousy patriarch of the bunch was diagnosed with a form of chronic bronchitis, and we always figured that the rest of the sneezites could be attributed to rampant inbreeding, but after reading Jo's comment about the kitty herpes, I wonder....

Posted by jessica at September 5, 2007 10:39 PM

Once when our kitten was very small, she sneezed and the size of the thing that flew out of her nose scared us. We thought it might be her brain.

Looks like you aren't the ONLY one who has a soft spot for adorable yellow kittens.

Posted by Roxanne at September 6, 2007 12:17 AM

Now aren't you glad I was such a bad influence on you? :P

Posted by Sarah at September 6, 2007 8:35 AM

now, if Boggart begins to nurse on SCHUBERT's ears, AND Schu permits such an affront, we DEFINITELY need pictures of that!!!

Posted by Elena at September 6, 2007 8:55 AM

Aw! It's just like in Heidi, when the grandpa was all crusty and cranky and antisocial, and then Heidi's sunny personality broke through the crust and warmed his ancient heart (and cured a paraplegic.) OR! Like in Santa Claus is Comin' to Town, when Kris gave the Winter Warlock that choo choo train, and then he PUT ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER!

Posted by Aimee at September 6, 2007 10:55 AM

Amy-Go: I'm voting for the minion. It's *always* good to have a minion ;-)

Posted by Beth at September 6, 2007 2:49 PM

Oh my sweet buttery Lord! The cuteness! I can hardly stand it. And this made me cackle. In my office. At the college. People are lookin'!

Posted by Andi at September 6, 2007 3:39 PM

This posting couldn't have come at a more perfect time. I just had to "let go" of my dog Merlin on Tuesday morning; the pain medication just wasn't working anymore. I've been moping around the house like a zombie - that is until I read about your hilarious and wonderful menagerie of pets. Thanks for the smile. Go Bogart!! Melting hearts near and far.

And I just have to say I actually laughed OUT LOUD at the huge red letters: GETS A BUTT RASH. Hmmm one eye and nether region skin problems. Yep. That says keeper to me!

Posted by LSantarpio at September 6, 2007 4:40 PM

AAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGH! Boggart looks exactly like my Finley.

OH how I miss my Finley when he was a kitteh.

CUTE PIC MAKES MY HEART FLUTTER AND MY THROAT GIGGLE.

Posted by ScottsdaleGirl at September 6, 2007 5:28 PM

I miss having a cat, but my husband is allergic to them. Sounds like you have a kind of sixth sense when it comes to cats.

Posted by Terri at September 8, 2007 12:24 PM

::::Melting::::: How SO very cute!!

I really, really hope our cat Cassie will take to our new pup, Willow. (My daughter wouldn't let me name her Buffy LOL).

Posted by Angel at September 10, 2007 4:26 AM

Simply amazing. Who knew? One wonders if this new BFF thing might help with Shu's "weighty" concern. Sorry to hear about your poor lobes, though.

Posted by David at September 10, 2007 1:44 PM