Comments: Physics

I don't suppose Karen was down at the barn (or wherever this took place) with a video camera while the Sara Tossing Event was taking place? No? Damn.

So does this mean you're going to get a horse? And if so, do we get to suggest names again??

PS to Sara...Glad you're unbroken and unstomped!!!!

Posted by DebR at August 26, 2007 8:51 AM

The Sara-tossing event didn't, by chance, result in her sitting so gingerly on a soft cushion last night, did it?

Thanks for coming over! What fun! I'm going to be all over ********'S disrespectful pie-hole on my bloggie.

Posted by Edgy Mama at August 26, 2007 9:04 AM

There truly is nothing like that intoxicating horse smell to draw you in.

I miss that feeling of horse muscles, too.

Posted by shannon in oregon at August 26, 2007 10:18 AM

Lately I have missed being a horse person. A lot. I have the horse blues (which is better than the baby blues at 51, or the my daughters won't give me another grandchild blues - I mean crap there are three of them and only one grandchild.) I miss the horse muscles. I miss the strong thighs. I miss the slender butt that hours on a horse can bring you when you walk away from the Oreos. I miss the currying, the horse smell. Shoot I miss mucking.

Posted by Cele at August 26, 2007 11:36 AM

Horse envy! I smell it! Horses are the best and ultimate therapy. And I needed a laugh this morning. The image of you guys and the horses is awesome.

I once was riding an old mare,April bareback down a gravel road and a car pulled up to talk to me. Well when the car took off the mare was feeling frisky so we chased after it, since not all horses come with a good set of shocks,and I hadn't been riding bareback long, I started to lose my balance and told the mare to "Ho" and well she "Ho"d alright, I went sailing over her head and bit the dirt. Of course she's looking at me with this "Now how did you end up down there?" (With a very distinct look of Horsey suprise and amusement.) HMMM I wonder.

Gravel is very hard and gritty to eat by the way. So I lead her to the side of the ditch, hopped up and we went back on our merry way.

Posted by Sarah at August 26, 2007 12:10 PM

Yes, I love midnight drunken horse riding! It's been so long since I did that!

I did once have middle of the day drunken bareback riding horse jumping. There was a course outside the public arena where there was a team penning going on and I took my friend's fat team penning horse and made him jump little fences.

All around fun... until someone fell off and his horse headed for the highway and I had to go get him. We thought maybe our frivolity shouldn't include turning horses into road pancakes by large trucks.

I think I'm saving my pennies to put my horse in training because I don't want to get tossed by my new mare, the two year old who is the epitome of stubborn redhead in the horse world.

I realize now that I've lost all horse training ability and I can hardly remember the me that started two year olds by the dozens. :(

Posted by Heather Cook at August 26, 2007 12:41 PM

This summer we had the Houston mounted patrol come to VBS (we were doing an animal theme). I, of course, could not RIDE the police horse, but that does not mean I did not stand out in the blazing sun and pet, and stroke, and rub all over that sweaty, huge, gorgeous horse. There's no other smell in the universe quite like it.

Posted by Roxanne at August 26, 2007 6:03 PM

I learned to ride horses at 6, had them until I went off to college, and right now I'm watching LOTR, with Ian McKellan on that beautiful white horse, and Viggo Mortenson being fabulous as usual, and I'm suddenly joining all of you in horse longing and envy, even if I'd have to have liposuction on 90% of my body to be able to get back in a saddle.

Oh well done, Peach! I'm glad you had a lovely time.

Posted by Fran at August 27, 2007 12:11 AM

I know EXACTLY that muscle you're talking about. The last time I went riding that muscle was so sore FOR DAYS that it made me walk in an extremely unflattering spraddle legged gait. Now I know why cowboys walk like they do.

Posted by Leandra at August 27, 2007 6:12 AM

Oh I've been feeling muscles for days and days after not even knowing I had muscles. Stupid "fitness" grumble grumble.

Posted by aka nik at August 27, 2007 8:24 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Am I to understand, am I to believe that you never actually got anyone's ass onto a horse? Although you tried multiple times? *cackle*

I'm jealous, but not as jealous as I would have expected myself to be.

Posted by Lydia at August 28, 2007 9:27 AM