Comments: I’m a Loser Baybee, So Why Don’t You Kill Me

Apparently the Dex-tini is SO GOOD that one cannot be made to part with it even while busting a move. Kudos, bartender!

Posted by Casey at August 20, 2007 9:56 AM

It's SO good it apparently makes one GOOGLY-EYED and INSANE.

Posted by Karen Abbott at August 20, 2007 10:01 AM

How fun! I so want the recipe for that martini. It sounds perfect for a white trash theme party, ya know?? And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Posted by Keetha at August 20, 2007 10:10 AM

Must have been a weekend for dancing... went to a dear friend's daughter's wedding yesterday and there was a great band and good wine and I danced enough to be able to skip working out today. Besides, I can't move today... But it was worth it:-) I just wish I looked as cute as Karen while making my moves! But what can I expect at 56? Althought I must say, when my dear friend who is 85 asked me to dance with her, I was reminded that it's all in the mind:-)

Posted by Susan Cushman at August 20, 2007 11:30 AM

But what was the hangover like? I mean besides broke?

Posted by Cele at August 20, 2007 11:56 AM

Don't know what all you put in your Dex-tini but if it's going to be used for trailer trash parties, I'd think you'd need a shot of buttermilk . . or grits. Hey I used to be trailer trash! Not really. Dad and Mom raised us living in a trailer. It was the biggest and nicest in town - 10 x 45. Biggest they made in 1959! Daddy was a bricklayer. Couldn't afford a brick house but always did us up right in a trailer. Traded for a larger one when baby sis, Lisa, was born. Upgraded to a 12 x 60! Then in 1968 moved into a brand spanking new brick house. Good things come to those who work and wait. Now, back to the Dex-tini. Gonna tell us what's in it? If they will make me look as good as Karen, I'll have a gallon to go, please.

Posted by Rhonda at August 20, 2007 12:29 PM

Can those of us willing to freely admit we are trashy have the recipe for the Dex-tini? Pleeease???

Posted by DebR at August 20, 2007 1:27 PM

Love is poinky, indeed!

Karen is going to be here in Asheville at my fave bookstore this Saturday, but I'm having a party for like 100 people at my house at the SAME TIME! Do you think E-spouse would notice if I disappeared for an hour to go say "hi" and buy a book? Two of my newspaper friends have said they are going to buy books from Karen, then come to my par-tay. Maybe Karen should come after her reading and bring Dextinis?

Posted by Edgy Mama at August 20, 2007 1:59 PM

Edgy Mama! How cool...see you this weekend--bring some of your party peeps to the reading.

Posted by Karen Abbott at August 20, 2007 2:08 PM

A Boggart! You have a Boggart in the house! A Bogart of the Humphrey nature is super-cool too, but having a Boggart makes you even more super special!

Now see, me, I don't want to know what's in the Dex-tini. I'm afraid it would terrify me. But I'm pleased to know that I'm not the only one who can lose at poker with only a modicum of graciousness. At least you remembered the camera!

Posted by Fran at August 20, 2007 2:49 PM

I don't care what else is in it if there's Nestle Quick involved. That sounds like the perfect drink. Pretty please with sugar (and bacon?) on top, mother-may-we have the recipe?

Posted by Leandra at August 20, 2007 4:24 PM

So can call the kitten HB for short, like HP, cute! Dex-tini huh? So much in your post to ponder yet burned in my brain is that crazy drunk lady dancing.

~Lia

Posted by Sarah at August 20, 2007 4:42 PM

In re: Poinky. Nobody ever said Therapy wouldn't hurt.

Posted by rams at August 20, 2007 6:02 PM

Oh please pretty Joss! We MUST have the recipe so we too can be trashy!

Posted by janet at August 20, 2007 8:01 PM

This has nothing to do with your current post (note: drunken yoga is AWESOME) but I would just like to say that I read Between, Georgia last week and I think it made a bee bite me. (It's a sketchy theory, held together with scotch tape, baling twine, the bee that stung my hand as I was reading, and the bee at the top of your site's book page.) But the book was WORTH IT. And I hate bees. Hate. them.

Posted by Moose at August 20, 2007 9:10 PM

Hmmmm.

Busted?

Or busta move(d)?

I am quite torn and shaking in silent mirth becuse I have been both.

Sigh...I miss girls night poker

Posted by lisa at August 20, 2007 9:58 PM

You can make a batch of those when you guys come for a visit...Jason loves cards and I have no idea to play so your chances of winning are great :) Also I LOVE the new pics of you on your homepage...SO pretty.

Posted by Whit at August 20, 2007 10:22 PM

So I went over to see your lovely new picture. . .and then I ended up reading the revies for TGWSS. . .and now I'm miserable because it won't be out for so long. Blah.

Posted by Roxanne at August 21, 2007 12:40 AM

That would be reviews. I need to go to bed.

Posted by Roxanne at August 21, 2007 12:40 AM

Oh Prettiest of all Pretty Authors- Most Creative of all Mixologists- Please, please, please share with us poor minions your Dex-tini recipe- and just to prove you're creation is not quite as trashy as you may think I found a rather pricey martini called The Dirty Girl Scout Martini that includes Nestle Quick-

And you haven't had a white trash gathering until you've cooked wieners in a Pringle's can

Posted by CC at August 21, 2007 12:41 AM

You make me want to par-tay with YOU! And don't worry, I'm pretty sure that EVEN YOU could beat me at Texas Hold-Em.

Posted by Brigitte at August 21, 2007 8:14 AM

1. Love *is* poinky. We have two cats, and the more affectionate one is black and her toes look like raisins, and though her real name is Audrey we call her Poinky Raisintoes.

2. I am trashy, too, I guess, because I want to know what is in a Dex-tini.

3. I am sure you are not bad at poker.

4. I'm glad you survived the plague.

and that is all

Posted by Aimee at August 21, 2007 10:47 AM

Karen, I'll try to come. I've been telling all my writer/blogger/journalist friends that they must buy and read your book!

Although it might be better if you dis Malaprop's and bring all your books to my house. We can tell people that they must buy a book before they get a beer!

Seriously, if you and yours want to par-tay after the reading, there will be many creative drunk people singing, dancing, and being silly at my home. We have poker chips too...

Sorry, Joss. Guess I could track down an e-mail addy for Karen so as not to take up your comment space talking to her. Wait. You and Boggart should come to Ashvegas with Karen! Yes, we could have a kitten/puppy/writer/Dex-tini orgirama!

Posted by Edgy Mama at August 21, 2007 12:16 PM

Edgy Mama,

Joss IS coming! We're bringing fixins for both Dex-tinis AND Pimm's Cup.

Posted by Karen Abbott at August 21, 2007 12:33 PM

I LOVE the name Boggart. What a perfect name for a pouncy kitten!

Also, those pictures of dancing, besplatted with Dex-tini Karen Abbott are hilarious!

Posted by Lindsey at August 21, 2007 2:54 PM

This post made me laugh so hard that I *may* have peed my pants a little. Too freakin' funny.
The pictures are priceless. I must read Ms. Abbott's book!

I heart you Joshilyn - Miss Jackson if you're nasty.

Posted by timmi at August 22, 2007 3:09 PM