Comments: Veni, Vidi, Venal…

I have totally had to restrict myself from Wantnot.net. Oh, who am I kidding, I've already checked it this morning. I'm one of those people who just can't pass up really good deals. Want not told me last week about these adorable little tent/clubhouse things you put over your kids beds. They were originally $170 and were on sale for $20. $20!! I *had* to get two -- even though my daughter is still in a crib. I wouldn't want her to feel left out. ;)

Posted by Leandra at July 25, 2007 9:39 AM

Oh, dear Lord, Ms. Jackson, you just made me shoot hot tea out my nose. That hurt! Too, too funny.

Posted by Jennilynn at July 25, 2007 11:08 AM

Yes, I am still learning the digital camera thing. My daughter is a very skilled amateur photog, so if I really want a decent photo I ask her to take it. Lazy me, I know. These kids have to be worth something, don't they?

Posted by Daisy at July 25, 2007 11:57 AM

Now not being able to completely seen the colour, I am thinking I could like it. What is it with me and orange? My favorite colour is green. But orange in kind of the cinnomin type tones or ohhh yeah --- VESUVIUS --- totally rocks. I think it's that hormonal imbalance brought on by menopause.

I swear I will not start wearing red and purple together, maybe green and purple, but not purple and red. Although I use to have a bestest friend who loved orange and purple together. Somethings just shouldn't be.

First it was Woot, now it is What not. I'm in love.

Posted by Cele at July 25, 2007 12:18 PM

The real color sounds lovely, but I actually kind of like the idea of the traffic cone orange for an exercise room too. Wouldn't it make you feel like it was shouting "move it, Move It, MOVE IT!!!" while you..um...move it?

Despite the No Crap policy, maybe you NEED (not want, y'know, but NEED) a different digital camera that's different from the one you already have. Because there are loads out there that are every bit as easy to use as the cell phone, while not giving you pictures that change colors by 50 shades. Just a thought.

I love the bedding you got for Sam's bed! So pretty!! (In a very not-girly sort of way, natch!)

Posted by DebR at July 25, 2007 12:25 PM

Well I can USE the camera -- I can take PICS...but I can't load them onto my comp and then resize them.The phone just MAILS the pics to me in the proper size already.

Only prob? They suck!

Posted by Joshilyn at July 25, 2007 12:39 PM

Cele, I've had some leftover orange yarn and purple yarn and every time I saw them next to each other they just really wanted to be a hat. So I'm making them into a hat. I NEVER would have thought I'd put orange and purple together, but these particular shades? I love it.

And I have an art minor and understand color well enough and I'm not color blind...honest. The orange and purple just WANTED to be together.

Posted by amy at July 25, 2007 1:41 PM

Want Not would also tell you to buy less crap. Unless it's really pretty. And on sale. And not, technically, crap. Or something.

Oh, look over there! Something SHINY!

Posted by Mir at July 25, 2007 3:06 PM

I'm not worried about my eyes, but your arms -- more specifically, how many there are? As an elder in The Church of Movest Not, I am unfamiliar with eliptical trainers (my treadmill makes a dandy suspension system for knitting bags) but it does look as though it expects you to have four arms. Or at least four hands. Which would, at least, make the painting easier, one coat per hand....

Posted by rams at July 25, 2007 3:25 PM

Wishing I could party with y'all in Hotlanta and buy Karen's book, which I could start reading tomorrow, because tonight I will finish Number Seven, as we've taken to calling it here. Though I guess if I were partying all night, I couldn't finish reading No. 7. Hmmmmm.

Have fun!

Posted by Edgy Mama at July 25, 2007 5:19 PM

Hehehe you should see the pictures of my bathroom! I did paint it orange, bright tangerine orange! It's a happy room now LOL.

Posted by Angel at July 25, 2007 9:48 PM

OMG, I am soooo knowing what you mean. My kitchen has been torn up for a month, and they packed all my small appliances, like electric fry pans, rice cookers, deep fryer, anything I might have used to cook in the meantime. It's another month at least before it will be back to normal, and I am so tempted to go buy new stuff. Although I already have duplicates in storage from when I moved a few years ago. I can't do it, but I waaaahhhhnt to. /;+) Tell you what, you keep this up, and the vicarious shopping fix will be a big help.

Thank you. ;+)

Posted by ZaZa at July 26, 2007 12:29 AM

I personally really LOVE the colors! They are very bold - but I just think they're perfect!

Posted by Becca at July 26, 2007 6:53 AM

Oh, yay! I'm in your blog! I am not following the No Crap advice either. I had to embarrassingly slink into the house yesterday and admit to my husband that I actually bought 3 pairs of shoes. But they were on clearance! Now I have to go check out Wantnot.net...

Posted by Kym at July 26, 2007 7:23 PM