Comments: Where in the World is Me and My Dog

I am going to call in and ask you about scuppernongs. ;)

Posted by Mir at June 22, 2007 9:27 AM

Normally I work from home so I take my dog to work everyday! Wouldn't you know that on National Take Your Pet to Work Day, I actually have to go to the office (which doesn't allow pets). Just my luck!

Have fun ont he radio this weekend. I'll try to listen on the internet from sunny SD.

Posted by Patti D at June 22, 2007 12:31 PM

They will come crawling out of the woodwork, enjoying each insty beensy portion of Between, because it is so delicious that way.

Posted by Cle at June 22, 2007 12:42 PM

I JUST finished Between! We recently moved but I'm not much closer to Georgia, so I will have to listen on the internet but I'm writing it down!

Posted by LoryKC at June 22, 2007 4:17 PM

You're not just going to be in Miss., you're the fricking keynote! Congrats!

I'll be on the coast of Georgia that weekend, which just might be a slight bit cooler than Miss., but only because of the off-shore breeze.

Posted by Edgy Mama at June 22, 2007 8:59 PM

I didn't take the Bisc to work with me, but we did take him out to dinner at Asheville Brewing Company, which allows dogs on their patio and wild kids, too.

Posted by Edgy Mama at June 22, 2007 9:00 PM

Well, neither Lillian nor I could take the dogs and cats to work, but....

Ryan (Lillian's son) just graduated from high school, and he has a job interview on Monday so he had the animals at home with him today, and since he doesn't OFFICIALLY have a job yet, I think it counts that they were with HIM today! Making him cheerful. And fur-covered.

Shedding season, yet another reason not to take pets to work.

Posted by Fran at June 22, 2007 11:19 PM

Maybe you'll have to rename him "Walter"!

Posted by Brigitte at June 23, 2007 7:16 AM

Oh, and I luurve that WOOT song!

Posted by Brigitte at June 23, 2007 7:18 AM

Why is "take your mutt to work day" on a SUNDAY? Do that many people really work on Sundays? I would have loved to see what the congregation would think had I taken my puppy with me and processed through the cathedral with her. It's probably a good thing I just found out about this I guess.

Posted by Courtney at June 24, 2007 9:49 PM

Oh. It was Friday. Right. Duh, lookit the date. The puppy WAS at work with me on Friday, but I was working at home. Less interesting by far.

Posted by Courtney at June 24, 2007 9:50 PM

woah. Historic Raymond AND historic Clinton! You're gonna find those towns familiar. I will try to send my sister, but I'm not sure she accepts those places as parts of her universe. Now, if you were going to historic Brandon or historic Pearl or some other Jackson, uh, suburb (sure, that's what they are), she might show.

Posted by dynagirl at June 26, 2007 4:49 PM

I hate AOL and that is the only way to email you..I just finished Between, Ga and think you wrote it about my crazy family in Nashville, GA. What an amazing story..thank you for sharing it with all of the crazy steel magnolias that flourish in places other than the deep south. You know what they say "Northerners hide their crazy relatives in the attic..we parade ours out at Sunday dinner." Thank you again..have to head to the bookstore to buy your other books. Keep writing for people like me. Annie in Jacksonville Beach.

Posted by Anne Jacques at July 2, 2007 10:16 AM