Comments: BEA Part Uno

I know have another reason not to buy a camera phone, I would be so frustrated and disappointed.

Joss thank you once again for taking us along with you. The ride is worth the price of admission. I ALWAYS have a good time - even if it is days after, because it's in black and yellow I can come back and enjoy it again and again.

Posted by Cele at June 3, 2007 12:23 PM

Okay, I've been living under a rock or something! I just found that you have a blog and it seems I'm like a year and a half behind!

I just bought the book "gods..." and I'm taking it to the beach with me in two weeks. To be honest, I hadn't heard of this book before, but the cover and the title drew me in and I'm so excited to read it! I've kept it in the bag so it wouldn't entice me before the beach!

So glad to have stumbled on this site and look forward to reading the next book!

Posted by Tracey/Real Estate Girl at June 3, 2007 3:06 PM

Your camera phone is not bad.

Your blinding baby-butt cheek face from all of thecleansing put the camera on the fritz.

Your radiance could not be captured by mere technology.

And your name in lights to boot.

Posted by Roxanne at June 3, 2007 3:46 PM

AAAH! your name in lights! I'm squealing vicariously! That is just about the coolest thing EVER. Thanks for sharing. Also thanks for sharing how much of a fan YOU are, so that if I ever meet you in person you won't think I'm a weirdo stalker for being all excited.

Posted by amy at June 3, 2007 4:41 PM

With your next royalty check you must buy a Lumix credit card sized camera to take to these par-tays with you. Regardless, yay you and Stephen Colbert!

Posted by Edgy Mama at June 3, 2007 5:04 PM

I can SO tell it's him. And your luminarious names are on the same section of the Station! How cool! Glad you're having a great time :)

Posted by Pattie at June 3, 2007 6:01 PM

See, for reasons I do not know I did not connect that you and Brad Meltzer had the same publishing company and I MONKEY FLIPPED when I read on HIS blog that he was going to be there. Do you know why? Because I thought this precise thing:

"OHMIGOD! I wonder if he's going to get to meet JOSHILYN JACKSON?!?!"

And, because you are the sharing-the-love-est, I felt "in".

Posted by Casey at June 3, 2007 6:28 PM

And now we bring you "Why that is the very best possible picture with Colbert," the answer being that it could not possibly have been photoshopped. We've just had a week of the glories of photoshopping, and while a bright and shiny Colbert would have been suspicious (remember Johnny Depp,) this picture would only be posted by someone very sincere.

Or vewwy, vewwy sneaky. Seen the Shroud of Turin lately?

Posted by rams at June 3, 2007 8:11 PM

I dunno....

I'm looking at the picture, and the more I look at it, the more I think she made up the whole Steven Colbert thing to cover up the incriminating picture of herself macking on Bruce Campbell.

Posted by Mr. Husband at June 3, 2007 9:06 PM

OMG. STEPHEN!!! YOU TOUCHED STEPHEN.

*dies of envy*

*realizes that I had lunch with and hugged woman who hugged Stephen*

*comes back to life*

SO.Fracking.COOL.

Posted by Autumn at June 3, 2007 11:26 PM

Coming back later to read the whole story. Late. Tired.
But I have to just say: WOW! STEPHEN COLBERT! You are at the very top of all cool people in my book now. Officially.

Posted by Stephanie at June 3, 2007 11:40 PM

Gotta agree with Edgy Mama on this one. You need a nice tuck in the spanx sized camera. I was even able to sneak one into Elaine's last fall.
So, more than the writers you met--I'm dying to know- how did the shoes hold up?

Posted by linda at June 4, 2007 6:30 AM

I'd recognize Stephen Colbert anywhere, even when he's disguised as the Eiffel tower. I now feel all starstruck by association!! :-)

Also - what Edgy Mama said!! A genuine non-phone tiny camera needs to go on Joshilyn's Official List of Necessary Stuff to Take to Parties Where She Might Get Hugged by Hot Celebrities. Just sayin'...

Posted by DebR at June 4, 2007 8:48 AM

Colbert! I'm sure you cracked him up. I don't think I could have held back from licking him. YUM!

Posted by Cheryl at June 4, 2007 10:29 AM

You are the coolest. That is all.

Posted by Aimee at June 4, 2007 10:33 AM

I could totally tell it was the divine Stephen Colbert, because of the arched eyebrow. Lee Child and Stephen Colbert. Next your going to tell me you and Jon Stewart have collaborated and you are going to write for the Daily Show and then I will just have to hate you.

Posted by jennielynn at June 4, 2007 10:54 AM

oh so cool. I'd know that eyebrow anywhere, even with a camera phone.

And, not to be repetitious, but ... go get yourself a REAL camera!

Posted by Patti at June 4, 2007 4:07 PM

Your name in lights AND a totally unexpected (by me at least) promo for Between lurking between the pages of my People magazine this week! Tolja you were gonna get all famous and whatnot! ;)

Posted by Amy-Go at June 4, 2007 4:37 PM

I haven't screamed this hard over a photo since a good buddy sent me a pic of her and Spike (as in Buffy's Spike) standing arm in arm.

I heart Stephen Colbert. So two of my favorite celebrities in one pic!

And Amy Sedaris - more cool! Did you get to meet her? You are both in my Top Ten funny girls list!

I know that feeling, of being treated like someone special. I've been on the receiving end of it a time or two and I always want to look around me and see who they're REALLY talking to before I embarrass myself by assuming it's me.

Posted by Laume at June 4, 2007 7:21 PM