Comments: I Invented the Meltdown!

Oh no he didn't! No jury would have convicted you. ;)

Posted by Amy-Go at May 14, 2007 8:47 AM

What Amy-Go said!

Your mother didn't, by any chance, put the Mother's Curse on you when you were younger, did she? You know..."I hope when you grow up you have a child who is just like you so you know what I went through." Just wondering... :-D

Glad Sam stole the show after the head-reattachment!

Posted by DebR at May 14, 2007 9:23 AM

I... mmmffff... swear... I'm not... mmmfffffp... laughing....

Posted by Mir at May 14, 2007 9:47 AM

Yes, I sense one of those "Karma is a bitch" moments. I know, 'cause I've had enough to recognize them in others by now. An may I say WOW. How did your mother whip that costume up so fast? Does she get a nice shiny prize for that or what?

Posted by Michelle at May 14, 2007 10:06 AM

Whoa... your mom must really be magical. It's not as if malls -- in MAY no less, not right before Halloween -- are exactly crawling with Robert Fulton costumes.

And... cue an entire miniature string section. Sorry about Mr. Husband being away.

Posted by Aimee at May 14, 2007 10:32 AM

ROFL! "What Amy Said." And Deb. And Michelle. And Mir. *stifling my guffaws and gasping for breath*

And who knew? Fulton really does look like Shelley!

Posted by Katrina Stonoff at May 14, 2007 12:07 PM

I'm hiring a whole string orchestra for you....my hubby was gone for 4 days last week, while I was in the worst throes of bronchitis and mono.

Hang in the Joshilyn!!! Happy belated Mother's Day!

Posted by Angel at May 14, 2007 1:35 PM

Be sure to check your email. I have a great mother's day story for you. It might just make you feel better. If you so desire, you can post it here.

Posted by Rhonda at May 14, 2007 3:07 PM

Joshilyn - emerging from long time lurker status to say that it was a pleasure to meet you last Friday at the Huntsville Library author's luncheon. You were so charming, with a most impressive ability to speak casually before a crowd! If you'd told this story we would have been even more impressed!!

And I've just now finished Gods in Alabama and I lurved it!

Posted by Tami Lee at May 14, 2007 4:05 PM

I feel your pain! I know it well. My 3 daughters loved ( I think ploted) to do that to me. I'm so glad my days living in a high school musical will be ending next year. But I had a good 12 years of it, since they are 4 years apart. Just as one was leaving H.S the other one was filling her shoes. I hope they all have 10 kids just like them!(and I'm not babysitting)

Posted by Desi at May 14, 2007 4:27 PM

Just cracking up here!

Posted by Edgy Mama at May 14, 2007 4:35 PM

I don't know, isn't this sort of a boy thing? Or is it just mine who kind of float on through, not quite noticing the DETAILS that make their very existence possible?

Posted by amy at May 14, 2007 5:34 PM

During 2nd grade, my son announced at bedtime he was going to be Paul Bunyon the next day- “. . .for the play . . . and you’re gonna come aren’t ya Mom?” Yikes! Guess I should have cleaned out the notes in his backpack last week –oops! At least the costume was easy- flannel shirt with rolled up sleeves and a plastic ax from a fireman Halloween costume. The mistake was topping it off with his 3 year old brothers red stocking cap . . . the 3 year old watching the ‘play’ immediately recognized HIS HAT and jumped off my lap, tore up on stage screaming, “THAT’S MY HAT!” and ripped the hat off his brother’s head, jammed it on his own head, and then calmly came back and climbed up on my lap.

Posted by -jean at May 14, 2007 8:55 PM

my lovely sweet child ran up and stole the blanket off baby jesus at the church christmas pageant.............

Posted by dramamama at May 14, 2007 11:26 PM

If this was a repeat offense, I think I'd just make him go out there in his regular clothes, I'm mean that way. Then again, my daughter's not old enough to have this happen yet, we'll see if I stand on firm ground then . . .

Posted by Brigitte at May 15, 2007 6:50 AM

Oh. . .just way too funny. And he had not one but TWO mothers on his Robert Fulton detail. Impressive.

Posted by Roxanne at May 15, 2007 9:39 AM

I love reading the stories about your children, however, I must learn not to drink my morning beverage at the same time. It's reaking havoc on my monitor.

Much sympathy for Scott being out of town. Warming up my tiny viola for you!

And of course, a very happy (belated) Mother's Day to you. Here's a little something to cheer you up, I sent my mother a brand new, shiny copy of gods in Alabama for Mother's Day. I was apalled to learn that she has not read it even though I have been RAVING about it since I read it over a year ago. Me thinks a copy of Between shall be making it's way to her for her birthday next month. :)

Hang in there, just a few more day's without Scott.

Posted by Patti D at May 15, 2007 10:53 AM