Comments: 3Q with Lauren Barnholdt (and Then Maisy Jane Explains The Nature of God. You're Welcome)

Makes sense to me. I figure children probably know these things better than we do. Please tell Maisy thank you for explaining it.

Posted by Deborah P at April 25, 2007 4:03 PM

The wisdom of Miss Maisey reigns supreme. I shoulda known it.

Posted by Cele at April 25, 2007 4:14 PM

Have to de-lurk for this one.

Another clue that God is a boy - from my son when he was Maisy age: His name is Howard. 'Howard be thy name.' Son asked how did God get the name Howard? It was a good question. No? Kids get all the clues. Maisy confirms it.

Posted by Ziv at April 25, 2007 8:33 PM

Oh my. It's a good thing you blog, so you can keep all of these beautiful little bursts of wisdom recorded for all time. My one great regret is that I did not always and quickly write down all of those adorably wise little tidbits offered up from the mouths of my babes. I have journals now, for each of them, in which I dutifully record such splendid things, but when I think of all that are lost for all time, it makes me so sad.
aMEN, indeed!

Posted by dee at April 25, 2007 8:34 PM

It is a misty forest, Miss Maisy.

Awomen!

Posted by Edgy Mama at April 25, 2007 9:35 PM

That Maisy is a smart one...aMEN. I just love the simple understanding children have of God. ("Howard be thy name," how very adorable)

My nephew used to "sing" the grocery store when my sister took him shopping, "CEREE-AAAALLLL.... CHEEEESE..."

Posted by Jennifer G. at April 26, 2007 9:33 AM

What I love is that she's obviously given it a lot of thought. Go, Maisy!

Posted by Aimee at April 26, 2007 10:54 AM

My seven year old still breaks into song when the mood strikes him (usually that mood is to annoy his nine year old brother) When my boys were little my in laws would say grace before lunch and they would join in. Went something like "mumblemumblemumble. OLD MEN!"

Posted by Laura L at April 26, 2007 11:03 AM

Well, who ELSE would have thought up the platypus? I ask you.

Posted by Badger at April 26, 2007 11:20 AM

I pink puffy heart Maisy Jane. Just wait till she finds out about childbirth and menstruation, she will KNOW God is a boy...

Posted by Mallory at April 26, 2007 2:11 PM

Why couldn't Maisy have a popsicle?

"Unless you become as a little child, you can't enter the kingdom of Heaven" (Rhonda's paraphrase) Such simple faith. Badger mentioned the platypus. I think the giraffe is a good sign of imagination. What about the Continental Divide? What about a hummingbird? God's Wonders never cease!

Posted by Rhonda at April 26, 2007 2:17 PM

I was going to ask the exact same thing Rhonda! Why couldn't Maidy have a popsicle?

Posted by Patti D at April 26, 2007 5:17 PM

After lunch I let her pick between Easter candy (yes we still have some since I am still off sugar, otherwise I would have pilfered it all by now...) and a popsicle. She picked candy, ate it up, and then came back high on sugar and said she realized she had chosen incorrectly, and what she REALLY wanted was the popsicle, so could she have that now please?

Um, no.

Posted by Joshilyn at April 26, 2007 5:28 PM

And now no sun for the poor child. You should be ashamed ;-)) My kids used to say 'Howard' too. And I laughed EVERY time. And thanks... now I will again this Sunday!!

Posted by pam at April 27, 2007 9:03 AM

Well, ok, if she was given a choice and made the wrong one, then Mom must stick by her decision. Always two sides to every story.

Posted by Rhonda at April 27, 2007 9:06 AM

Your kids are WAY too smart. And I love the cartoon. I even, in honor of Maisy, made up a tune by which to sing it.

Posted by Roxanne at April 27, 2007 5:43 PM

oh, did I laugh out loud with a big fat lady haha when I read this entry. Purely wonderful. Thank you.

Posted by parrotzmom at April 27, 2007 6:28 PM