Comments: Is That a New Dress?

Love the new look! Orange is an especial favorite color of mine and I think the lovely flower and the wasp set just the right tone.

Posted by Leandra at April 15, 2007 5:11 PM

Love the gerbera's.

Love the cover for the new book.

Love that there is a new book.

Love reading YOU.

Posted by Roxanne at April 15, 2007 5:18 PM

Love it, love it, LOVE IT! (and the picture's not bad at all!)

Posted by Patti at April 15, 2007 6:23 PM

Nice fresh look for the site! Not your average lovable bumble bee hiding amidst the flowers...

And great blurb from Sara Gruen for TGWSS! I'm totally ready to order the book already! But I'm hoping my local independent bookstore will get an ARC that I can review for them, so I don't have to wait for the release date.

If Amazon had an order page that said "Send me everything this person ever writes, including condolence cards, notes to teachers, and shopping lists," I would have already signed up with your name in the Author box and a dedicated credit card with no credit limit to cover it.

Will you be reading TGWSS for the audio version also? Because if you are, I'm buying that too.

Posted by Lulu at April 15, 2007 7:30 PM

Ooooo! Ahhhh! Love the new (site) look. Those energetic colors with the dash of waspish danger gives me the goose bumps! It is totally way, way, waaaaaaay cool.

As for the hair….kept thinking it reminded me of . . . ??? Aha!!! Came to several conclusions. Here goes: (1) one of those TV local news anchors doing a promo for a ‘Breaking Story – News at Eleven!’ OR (2) one of those, ‘You can trust me to help you buy a house!’ young successful realtor head shots . . .

Posted by jean at April 15, 2007 9:31 PM

Just so's ya know, Peach, we have what we call "Future File" cards in our shop, and there are several with your name on them. That means taht these folks want whatever you write, sight unseen, they don't care what it is as long as it's yours, and we don't even have to ask if it's okay to charge their credit cards. We just can. And ship them off, unless the folks are in town, in which case we call right away.

But you know, that means that you'll need to sign them for us, because our true collectors must have signatures. And I think it's about time you come out this way to see us! Don't you? So all us Left Coasties can bask in your personal beauty and radiance and wonderfulness? Pleeeeeaaaassee?

Posted by Fran at April 15, 2007 11:11 PM

New banner - fabooo!

I like the cover-that-isn't-really-the-cover of TGWISS, so I can't wait to see the real one. I didn't actually pre-order yet (since I assume you'll have the whole "order a signed copy from Alabama Booksmith" thing again and I'd rather do that, but I put it on my wish list so I could visit it now and then and daydream about it being done. :-)

Posted by DebR at April 15, 2007 11:52 PM

Hey, your new banner is very purty. However, do you think you could make the yellow strip at the bottom of it the same colour as the background? Or rather, make the background the same colour as it? Cause otherwise there are too many yellows (or possibly oranges) in the page, and my head gets confused...

Posted by Liz at April 16, 2007 9:51 AM

Your page looks great...I love the wasp/bee thingy...I never know which is which. Nice job!

Posted by Dawn at April 16, 2007 10:03 AM

Nice colors! I will have to visit in the morning to help myself wake up...

And I really like the cover of the next book, too. I know that whole "you can't judge a book by its cover" thing, but when somebody's browsing, oh, the cover means so much. And you have had lovely covers so far. I always check out the cover credits on whatever book I'm reading--those folks are so important.

Posted by amy at April 16, 2007 10:34 AM

For the record --- NO! Of COURSE I cannot make changes. I am not allowed to touch the ACTUAL CODE lest I break not only my site but the WHOLE internet and invoke the rath of Al Gore.

But I don't know what yellow stripe you are talking about at WHAT bottom? I don't see a differently colored yellow stripe? If one is there, I think it is a mistake and my web lord and master must address it. Does anyoen else see an off color yellow stripe?

J.

Posted by Joshilyn at April 16, 2007 10:42 AM

Ooh, I love the new page! So pretty and yet subtly STINGY and DANGEROUS. Good work, Jill! I love the cover they have up their for TGWSS and can't wait to see the refined, actual one. Hopefully in person. Hopefully on the left coast, because like Fran, I am here and Warner is not earning any bonus points by not sending you here.

Posted by Aimee at April 16, 2007 10:44 AM

I never use to like the color orange...weird because cinnomon is one of my favs. Then Land Rover came out with Vesuvius. It's like molten lava in baked on enamel all shimmery bright in the sun. I could roll in this colour, druel over it, and then walk away because I can't find enough pocket change to buy the whole vehicle, which btw they demand so I can get that colour. Bummer dude.

I will hold off ordering my copy of TGWISS from Amazon so that I can order my signed copy from Alabama Bookseller. :)

Posted by Cele at April 16, 2007 11:59 AM

Love the new look! Love the new cover!

And totally agree with Fran, time to visit us Left Coasties!

Posted by Patti D at April 16, 2007 12:23 PM

I think you should go review your book under the "I Own It" section on Amazon just for grins:)
Love the restyle of FTK!

Posted by Chris at April 16, 2007 12:23 PM

THANK YOU for already being ready to support the Booksmith! Deb and Cele -- I am going to tell a secret here in the comments. There will be a teeny tiny small sort of interesting raffle associated with the Booksmith virtual tour this year. I can't say any more yet, but it is going to be truly cool and involve an artist I admire.

You know from the little foxes that I LOVE it when something from a book bgets made for really real...and that's all I will say.

Posted by Joshilyn at April 16, 2007 12:38 PM

It is a beautiful header, but why oh why did you have to include something scary like a hornet on it? I know you're a hip and edgy author, but stinging insects give me the heebie geebies. Just saying.

Posted by Elizabeth at April 16, 2007 1:09 PM

Lovely new design!

I'll be waiting for my book store, and with luck you in it, before I buy my copy... You are coming back to Charlotte, right?

Posted by Autumn at April 16, 2007 1:13 PM

A beautiful cover. I'm just so excited you have a new book coming out! I'll have to read Between, Georgia very slowly to make it last.
I suggest you get to work on the next book, else your fans will all get sick with withdrawal! LOL

Posted by Nienke at April 16, 2007 1:21 PM

I love the new look! It's gorgeous! And I don't see a oddly colored yellow stripe that needs to be changed or anything. In fact, it's perfectly perfect. Wasp and all.

Posted by Katkin at April 16, 2007 2:40 PM

I love the new banner. I love reading you. I loved GIA. Loved it.

On to the next one.... :)

Posted by Caren at April 16, 2007 2:43 PM

I love the way Amazon knows how long TGWSS is going to be, too! Good luck getting it into 288 pages, pretty Tulip!

The yellow stripe Liz was wondering about is the strip underneath the bottom part of your name in the banner. It's a different shade of yellow on my monitor also. (To show off my geeky side, the strip in the banner is #FFFCA4 while the site background color is #FCEDB2 -- don't expect you to know what that means, but Jill and Scott will) ;-)

Posted by Beth at April 16, 2007 3:49 PM

What? Who cares about your hair (it looks great)
Why do we have to wait a WHOLE YEAR for the book?
What am I supposed to do?

Posted by Desi at April 16, 2007 7:34 PM

rawr, I LOVE the new look!

Posted by Janet McArthur at April 16, 2007 7:35 PM

Yeah, now that I see it in Internet Exporer, the yellows are the same. Either that, or your magic IT helpdesk already changed it :-) If not, I guess the reason it looked different is that I prefer to use Firefox, because its coolness rubs off on me.

Your blog is brilliant...

Posted by Liz at April 16, 2007 8:25 PM

The new look is pretty! You're pretty! TGWSS is pretty! Wow...it's like a good hair day in triplicate. ;)

Posted by Amy-Go at April 17, 2007 9:17 AM

The new site is wonderful, of course. I can hardly wait for TGWSS, and that cover (even though it's not the "real" one yet) is beautiful. It reminds me of an Anita Shreve cover, though I'm not sure why. Hmm.

Any chance we could ALL, I mean all of your FTK regs here, head down to Alabama for the TGWSS Launch Party? My oldest girl child (almost 15 now, gads!) told me that she is certain that we need to make a road trip when TGWSS comes out, just to be there for you. That kid loves your blog almost as much as I do, and even snuck of with my BG audiobook a while back. So I was thinking... Alabama? January? Yeah, we could do that. Anyone else interested?

Posted by dee at April 17, 2007 9:27 AM

Eeks. I just noticed in your Bio thingy that it says TGWSS won't be out until MARCH. I thought it was JANUARY, and that was hard enough.But MARCH? That's almost a full year away! How on earth shall we survive until then?
Then again, March is nicer than January in Alabama. There is that.

Posted by dee at April 17, 2007 9:33 AM

Posted by Leandra at April 17, 2007 10:17 AM

Your hair is beautiful, your page is beautiful, I have already pre-ordered your book. Now get to work on the next one! :)

Posted by Stephanie at April 17, 2007 12:44 PM

"pages where you can order the books they think I OUGHT to write next."

omg that would be SO COOL!

I like the new bloglook, too.

Posted by alala at April 17, 2007 4:09 PM

Very nice! AND I have baked Jill something, although at the time I didn't know it was for her.

I think that is cruel torture to let people order so far in advance. It is like having to wait 2 years to get your Christmas present. At least it's going to be a good Christmas present! :)

Posted by Laura Florand at April 17, 2007 5:24 PM

[quote]FYI -- I clicked on the link for Jill James in your post and it takes me to her site. HOWEVER, when you click on "About Jill James" on HER site, it links to YOUR bio. I feel like I'm in some kind of weird time warp. Are you two really the same person? :)[/quote]

No! Actually, true story, I was tossing Joss' old webpage up on my site for her to look at and forgot to rename the bio.html, so it overwrote MY bio, which I have to find on some thumb drive around here and replace.

Thanks for reminding me to do that...

IN ADDITION, Joss is being too modest in her praise of me. In fact, she chose the colors, the daisy, and the wasp. I merely followed orders and smashed it all together.

Posted by Jill at April 17, 2007 5:52 PM

And a few years after that, they will have pages where you can order the books they think I OUGHT to write next.

A few YEARS from now?

I don't think so....

Posted by Ray at April 18, 2007 7:10 AM

Love the orange! A gerber daisy? I just redecorated me and my husband's bedroom based on two Red Wing Art Pottery vases which were in green and orange, thinking I'd have a hard time finding the orange. Orange is in! Yea, orange! Yea, your new look (my bd also has about the same color yellow as your background).

Is Jill for hire?