Comments: The HOUSE

Great house! Where is it located?

Posted by Karen at June 20, 2004 8:53 AM

*looks around* I like it :). And I'm usually pretty critical / reserved when giving an opinion on a house. But any thoughts that are coming up are non-consequential and have the similar importance of the color of an umbrella for a color blind person on a cloudy yet mild semi sunny day.

I noticed that they are using underground wiring (am I right)? Which by the way is something I wish more developers would do. A little bit more work and care required during the construction BUT definitely a lot nicer in terms of looks and livability/comfort feeling in the long run. Does the whole development or immediate area / use underground wiring? I hope so. It adds a more relaxed feeling.

Best wishes to you and family on getting that house.. and just in case I hope you find equal or better other houses whilst just happening about.

Posted by Klint at June 20, 2004 10:09 AM

I Love It! (Wouldn't dare say otherwise *S*) No, I really like it :)

Posted by AGK at June 20, 2004 12:16 PM

And why again do you want to sell it? Or am I really confused and this is the house you are wanting to buy? Either way it is gorgeous!

Posted by Tiff at June 20, 2004 6:18 PM

Ohhh, it's beautiful. I'm suffering deeeeeep house envy right now.
Or, I will when your adorable baby house sells and this one runs into your outstretched arms, weeping tears of joy. You know, contractually speaking.

Posted by Kira at June 21, 2004 12:24 AM

1) Rural Georgia. Not so far out of Atlanta that we are contractually obligated to have a weed in our teeth whenever we go stand barefoot in the dusty yard to scratch our bellies, but close. I'm a country girl at heart. The kind of country girl who needs to be able to get to sushi and good theatre in under 35 minutes. *grin* SADLY we are turning into a SUBURB as Atlanta reaches toward us. Our little town recently aquired a WAL-MART. Kiss of death.

2) Klint, you have to ask Mr. Husband. I dunno what underground wiring IS other than the obvious.

3) THANKS AGK!(<---knew not to call you Angela. Is obviiusly cool now.)

4)Tiff, this is NOT my baby house. This is my DREAM house that I want to BUY. NOW.

My BABY house is 1380 square feet. And my office is in the dining room, causing me to have to work with hoardes of ravening wildebeasts (aka "my children") thundering through on their way to the watering hole.

4) OR my baby house will NOT sell, and I will die. Because we won't find this house's equal again in terms of what WE want out of a house. We go together like whamma-lamma-lamma-ka-dinkitty-dink-de-dong.

Posted by Joshilyn at June 21, 2004 5:44 AM

Yes, all utilities in this develpment run underground. I'd say maybe 40% of the neighborhoods in our area are set up that way. It is a very nice thing.

I grew up in a neighborhood that had wires criss crossing the street running overhead to every house. Naturally those wires were deamon temptations to a small boy. At one point I practiced casting with a new fishing rod over the top wire and into the yard across the street. You know, just in case I had to do any trick casting in order to catch the realy wiley fish. (Remember that entry that said something about about me being a smarty smart? Myth dispelled.)

Underground wires means one less item on the list of "Ways my son will try to kill himself".

Posted by Mr. Husband at June 21, 2004 6:43 AM

Is very cool now. We shall now dub thee...let me think for a bit ;)

Posted by AGK at June 23, 2004 1:38 PM

PS - Which way not so far out of Atlanta? I'm in Cartersville. Could we actually be within spitting distance...if we GA folk spit?

Posted by AGK at June 23, 2004 1:39 PM