Comments: Mountains and Mohammed

So I will gladly give up a week of your blog so you can write the end of your new book. . .when is the publication date? Oh--I hope it's in time for summer!!!!!!

Posted by Roxanne at February 18, 2007 1:19 PM

Roxanne, TGWSS doesn't come out until March 08. As a fanatical bookseller who's been pushing to have her come to the other coast to sign at our shop, I'm watching her publication dates CLOSELY (of course you know that, Peach. Right?) and we're definitely going through New Book Withdrawal.

So go, write well, write quickly and come back to us soon, with completed manuscript in hand!

Posted by Fran at February 18, 2007 1:25 PM

"Rocks fall. Everyone dies."

You know, just if you get desperate.

Posted by ray at February 18, 2007 2:36 PM

You know there have been times that I've wanted to lock myself up in a motel room, away from my life, away from the rest of the world (never away from internet access.) And yet, the end of a book never comes to me when I do.

♥ Bless you Joss ♥

Posted by Cele at February 18, 2007 5:14 PM

How will I livvve without youuuuuu (to be sung in your best Trisha Yearwood)? Sounds like its for a good cause, tho, so I guess I'll have to make do. Good luck! Or break a leg! Or whatever you say to writers...

Posted by Leandra at February 18, 2007 5:31 PM

Oh, darn. I will be forced to read the new Harry Potter overandoverandoverandoverandover until 10/08. Thank goodness Joshilyn blogs.

Posted by Roxanne at February 18, 2007 5:48 PM

Yea, the book will be out soon! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Posted by Desi at February 18, 2007 8:03 PM

We salute you right back. Enjoy the hole. I hope it at least includes room service.

Posted by amy at February 18, 2007 9:49 PM

Scott is a TREASURE. Bon courage and good writing. Not to put too much pressure on you or anything, but we are all longing to read it.

Posted by Laura Florand at February 19, 2007 6:54 AM

Thinking of you and sending VERY VERY amazing end of book karmic vibes into your hole.

Posted by Edgy Mama at February 19, 2007 10:31 AM

Have a wonderfully productive week! I'm so glad you are *this close* to finishing a book which has been causing you undue amounts of angst for so long.

Can't wait to read the blog post about how you managed a week without the internet. ;)

Posted by Elizabeth in Raleigh at February 19, 2007 12:24 PM

Here's to hotel-end-of-book-writing. See you next weekend!

Posted by Aimee at February 19, 2007 2:52 PM

Crawling into a hotel hole.

Sounds like a plan.

Let me know how it worked.

Posted by Buffy at February 19, 2007 5:15 PM

So very jealous, but so very excited to read what comes of it. I love this little bit of insight into a writer's life. Hope it's going well!
Peace,
Dawn

Posted by Dawn at February 20, 2007 9:47 PM

Here's hoping it's a hotel with high thread-count sheets and a nice view!
Happy drafting, Tulip!

Posted by Amy-Go at February 20, 2007 9:56 PM

I'm a little...ok, a LOT jealous.

Even though I know I'd probably just order in and channel surf between my visits to the hotel spa.

I hope you're in a hotel with a spa. Not a hotel with buggy friends like the hotel during the gods tour.

Posted by Heather Cook at February 20, 2007 11:09 PM

A hotel? That's cool. I have dreams of saying to my husband... "I am THIS CLOSE to being done with my book, so I need to go off to a hotel for a week to finish it. And since it is set near a beach, I really should be close to the ocean. And since the main chick enjoys food, it also needs to have room service. And you know, she gets massages, soooo, yeah, a spa would be nice as well" Dreams only though. Instead, I say things like "If I could just get TWENTY MINUTES of QUIET, I could finish this stupid chapter! TWENTY minutes. That's all I want. PLEASE go to sleep so I can write!"
Scott is a hero.
Joss is a SuperHero.
Enjoy your week. We'll miss you!

Posted by dee at February 21, 2007 10:23 AM

(whining)
I want a hoooooole!

I'm SO excited for you! Sending good novel-completing thoughts your way. :)

Posted by Michelle at February 22, 2007 9:31 AM

Sniff... Just came to say I officially miss Joss.

Posted by Femtastic at February 22, 2007 12:40 PM

Since she's probably not checking the comments, just wanted to remind everyone that Joss' birthday is the 27th of this month! Of course you may all already know, but I'm a newbie and I just found out! So, we can welcome her back and throw her an online par-tay!

Posted by Leandra at February 22, 2007 2:19 PM

So I'm way behind and just read your first two books. A belated THANK YOU for them. I thoroughly enjoyed the stories, the characters, the setting, and the immersion into somewhere else. Thanks for bravely sending them out into the world. I just hope you never write an 800-page volume, since I seem to have to read the ENTIRE book before I can sleep again, or even put it down. I'm too old to pull an all-nighter reading, or at least have too many responsibilites to small children to then sleep for the next 12 hours no matter the day or time....am eagerly awaiting the next one.

Posted by Jill at February 23, 2007 12:03 PM

If one's 15 year old is very intelligent, mature and loves CSI, is it okay to let her read "Gods in Alabama"? I think so, does that make me a bad parent? She just read the 4th book of the Traveling Pants series, which looks pretty mature to me.

Posted by parrotzmom at February 24, 2007 7:22 PM

Ok. Where are you? WHERE ARE YOU??? We've all patiently waited a week, a whole week without Joss, and we MISS you. Please come home. We'll be good, we promise!

Oh, and parrotzmom - my opinion, for what it's worth, is that if YOU'VE read giA, and YOU think your teenager is mature enough to read it, then that's totally your call. It's certainly not for every 15-year-old, but I'm very confident that there are a fair number who can handle it (and it's way better for her to read an actual good book than to start borrowing V C Andrews books from her friends or something, like *I* did when I was her age....).

Posted by JenA at February 26, 2007 7:50 AM