Comments: 3 Questions: Jennifer Lynn Barnes

That book sounds really good! Definitely one I'm going to check out.

Can't wait to hear more of The Courtship of Bagel and Schubert. Preferably with photos. (Seriously. We NEED more Bagel photos!!)

Posted by DebR at January 30, 2007 10:01 AM

Poor bagel. He doesn't know that the only way to win Schubert over is to play hard to get. . .

Posted by Roxanne at January 30, 2007 11:16 AM

This is the third place I've read about "Tattoo". I'm thinking that some force in the universe is telling me that I need to read this book, or at least get it for my daughter. And I generally try to take heed when universal forces align to nudge me in any direction. Or, when Joss blogs about a book. I've found some treasures, and one total gem (yeah, Laura, that'd be YOU!), si I'll be picking this one up tomorrow.
Thanks, Joss.

And yeah, I'm with the others. More on Schubert and Bagel. Maybe if Bagel just passed the lox?

Posted by dee at January 30, 2007 12:01 PM

Good thing Shubert wasn't hungry for a Bagel.

Posted by Cele at January 30, 2007 12:31 PM

Good luck on the integration! A year and a half later and my dog and cat are still not friends. The dog is all fot it, but the cat is like, "ain't no way". Although it is kind of funny to watch a 12 pound cat beat up on a 65 pound dog. The dog has yet to realize he should stay out of the cat's face! (evil pet mom had the cat declawed as a kitten, so he dosen't hurt the dog.)

To make matters worse, I was on vacation last week and kenneled the dog. Now we are back to being jealous of each other.

Posted by Terri at January 30, 2007 2:04 PM

Watch out for the Revenge Of Schubert (which will come in the form of shredded drapes, or something a bit more fragrant on you carpet...).

Tattoo sounds fun! Adding it to my list!

Posted by Amy-Go at January 30, 2007 10:26 PM

Fortunately I've always raised my dogs and cats together, and since Bagel's still a puppy, there's a better chance that Schubert will come to accept him, especially once Schubert realizes he can raise Bagel to do his bidding. There's nothing more frightening and intimidating than a well-orchestrated cat-and-dog team! And if they get Maisy and Sam on their side? It doesn't bear thinking about!

Posted by Fran at January 30, 2007 10:30 PM

Maybe you should change their names to "Garfield" and "Odey"--'cause that conversation brought some cartoon cells into clear focus--if only I were an artist.

Posted by Roxanne at January 31, 2007 9:16 AM

There is nothing among all the volumes I wrote in college that I now consider publishable although I certainly thought editors were blind idiots not to grab them at the time. So I'm all admiration, Jennifer! Congratulations. It sounds great.

And thanks, dee. (dee, I don't LIKE using a small letter for your name. I know you say to, but..it feels too small. Maybe I should just pretend you're e.e. cummings.)

Joshilyn, I'm going to give away more truffles and they don't involve murdering anyone. (So DON'T. Not even Evil Vet pediatricians.) They involve crêpes. In fact, there might be TWO chances for truffles this month. (That don't involve murdering someone.)

Now we'll see if she actually reads her comments. :)

Posted by Laura Florand at January 31, 2007 3:47 PM

Schubert wants Tuna, and then, maybe then, he will like the BagelDog. But probably not. I recommend plying him with Lox.

Posted by parrotzmom at February 1, 2007 6:23 PM