Comments: I Have a Date! WITH A DAWG!

If your date doesn't work out. Try...
Sorry if i stirred the puddin' too much before.
SueB0B if you read this, i prefer jazz and Joshilyn can tell you where to send the certificates and such. You should've seen me before i mellowed out. Hee!

Posted by Jeff at January 26, 2007 1:33 PM

Joss,
He is so handsome, and I can tell he would be the perfect dog....and for Miss Maisy...all he would have to do is bat those beautiful brown eyes and she would forget all about the fact that he is not pink and can't fly. (I AM A SUCKER FOR HOUND EYES....)

Hope the date is a successful one!

Posted by kim at January 26, 2007 2:03 PM

what a cutie! and I'm not a dog person, even.

Didn't you just see it coming, in that Meg Ryan movie? I mean, how predictable?! truck, meet bicycle.

By the way, we got our cat because he was the only kitten in the cage who outright ignored me. He read me like a book. We brought him home and he commenced to imprint on me and sleep on my hair and call me Mama and I don't think he's forgiven me for having other kids and letting them sleep on the bed even when they threw up in it (which does not hold true for the cat). And my point being (I had a point) that maybe you should coach the kids to play it cool, a little hard to get. Unless dogs don't work that way, only cats?

Posted by amy at January 26, 2007 2:10 PM

I'm so glad you're close to getting a dog after all this time, but please tell us how you managed to get Scott to change his mind.

Hope y'all have a wonderful date!

Posted by Elizabeth at January 26, 2007 2:25 PM

So Scott have you had this discussion with Joss and worked through her list of actual wants and desires in said Mr. Dawg?

Posted by Cele at January 26, 2007 6:40 PM

If I were a dog person, I'd be in love.

As it is, I'm pretty won over.

Hope the date's awesome.

Posted by Susan Helene Gottfried at January 26, 2007 6:55 PM

Aaawww, look at those eyes! He looks so sweet. I hope he's as nice in person as he looks in his photo.

BTW, that movie ("City of Angels" IIRC)....MOST sucky Meg Ryan movie EVER. So, good deal on the hound not liking it. Yay! :-)

Posted by DebR at January 26, 2007 9:29 PM

Now THAT is a dog I could love right there. I haven't loved a dog since my Daddy accidentally ran over Elvira--the prettiest little white puppy with blue eyes and large tan spots you've ever seen. I gave my heart completely at the age of 10, and it can belong to no other. But that is a fine lookin' dog if ever I saw one. There is something about that puppy's eyes.

Posted by Roxanne at January 26, 2007 10:09 PM

Ok, you suckered me in with the non existant matchdog.com...

Posted by Heather Cook at January 27, 2007 1:38 AM

As a humane association volunteer, let me say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for teaching your children to be responsible and make wise decisions regarding pets!! I wish everyone who adopted was as forward thinking as you are. :) Also, thanks for adopting a homeless pet. I hope the dark chocolate M&M fairy visits you today. Good luck on your date!

Posted by Cheryl at January 27, 2007 10:24 AM

Hi Joshilyn, I'm Amy's sister and bounced over from her blog....I read back to hear the EV story, and am truly appalled and horrified that such a **$% is allowed to 'practice' medicine. I have a couple of insensitive pediatrician stories but nothing so malicious. I'd suggest skipping the letter to EV and writing to the pediatrician you like and who takes good care of your kids. I don't know what good it might do but the other guys should know, especially if you decide to leave the practice, what's been going on. Good luck with your dog dates. We're currently petless (three unfortunate demises in the last year), and I'm trying to impress upon the forlorn hubby & kids that there will be a new HUMAN BABY in our house in less than a month and can we please just do that for right now?
Jill.

Posted by Jill at January 27, 2007 12:55 PM

Oh, I think I'm in love. Enjoy your date. With a face that good lookin', you'll surely have to fight off loads of other gals for his attention!

Posted by Michelle at January 27, 2007 2:25 PM

BTW, there really SHOULD be a matchdog.com . . .

Posted by Michelle at January 27, 2007 2:26 PM

O, he has GREAT eyes. Melty chocolate M&M eyes.

I'm going to be watching this doggy experiment carefully. My kidlings want one too, and we had a failed experiment about a year ago with a hyper Australian Cattle Dog who jumped our fence and drove my cats to move in with the neighbors. After his owner had told me that he loved cats. Yeah, he loved to chase them! The dog is now happily herding goats on a farm out in the boonies, but my kids are unhappy about our doglessness. So, I'm crossing my fingers that you have a great experience that I can wave in E-spouse's face and say, "See, it's possible!"

Posted by Edgy Mama at January 28, 2007 11:58 AM

How was the date? Did he bring flowers? Did the parents approve? Did he greet you at the car door? Behave himself and PRETEND to be hiding the fact that he's pink with wings and LOVES froosby and boy's beds?

Posted by Roxanne at January 28, 2007 2:26 PM

Does it take a Yankee to point out that that is the most purely Southern dog in the cosmos? He should be wearing a white linen suit. It is entirely possible his name is Beauregard.

Posted by rams at January 28, 2007 5:45 PM