Comments: Peer Pressure and THE LIBRARY FAIRY

Look at you! Getting all techno and stuff. Yay you. Keep us posted.

Posted by Keetha at January 9, 2007 10:45 AM

I just sent you a friend request. I HOPE YOU CHECK THE YES BOX. I sort of know how to work MySpace (my husband's much better at it) and I blog sporadically there. I would blog more, but I am working full time AND screenwriting full time and that's a lot of time that's all taken up. Oh well.

Posted by Aimee at January 9, 2007 11:00 AM

I want to be your friend! But I can't open My Space at work. If I think about it at home, I will go to your page. But that is so rare for me to have time to go online at home. It's much easier at work where there's nothing to do!

Posted by Stephanie at January 9, 2007 11:56 AM

I made the mistake of mucking about with my profile colors and now my middle-aged eyes can barely read it. Have fun!

Posted by parrotzmom at January 9, 2007 12:00 PM

I don't if I sent you a friend request or just added you to my page as a friend. You would think the faq's would be more helpful.

I have always loved the "Air Force should hold a bake sale" comment, I want that bumpersticker. Everyone else has it *pout*

Posted by Cele at January 9, 2007 12:02 PM

I think I might have just sent you a friend request too, although I'm a little fuzzy on the whole My Space thing. The only reason I signed up for an account is so I could see and comment on my uber-cool teenage niece's My Space page and I've never quite bothered to take the time to figure the whole thing out. :-)

Why do you NEED a My Space page when you have a blog??

Posted by DebR at January 9, 2007 1:20 PM

I sent a friend request out to you and Karen

Also, would like to offer to exchange with anyone who frequents this blog

Posted by tina at January 9, 2007 1:36 PM

Hey, Tina - I MySpaced you. You too, of course, Joss. Anyone who wants can MySpace me as well:

Posted by JenA at January 9, 2007 5:34 PM

But are you going to abandon us and start blogging on MySpace, too? Or blog both places? I don't want to MISS anything.

Posted by Laura Florand at January 9, 2007 5:50 PM

The easiest way to add graphics and such to MySpace is to go into your profile settings and cut and paste any graphics html into one of the profile spaces. Like Who I'd like to meet. Make sure to put to leave a blank line or two between any html and what you're writing for that section.

A lot of MySpace graphics contain viruses, though, so be careful.

Posted by Sabra at January 9, 2007 7:04 PM

I don't do MySpace. I don't know why. I think it's because my husband keeps reminding me that it started out as a place for teens, not it's been taken over by people that want to hook up. I thought he was kidding, but I asked some of the younger, single people that I work with, and it seems that MySpace is a big hook-up place. So I've just avoided it, pretty much.
But now, my book review partner has created a MySpace for our book reviews. I have no idea how to work it, and I already told her that I really don't want to have to double post everything, but I think she just wants it up there to get the eye of more people. OH WOW - I just did the thing she sent me in e-mail and see that we have 11 friends already. That's just so weird. i think our addy is www.myspace.com/deeanddeedish

Posted by dee at January 9, 2007 7:51 PM

I've been debating the MySpace thingee. I definitely wasn't ever going to do it, but then I found out my cool former boss who is now like 76 has a MySpace page and now you have a MySpace page.

Sigh. Could you have Karen call me?

Posted by Edgy Mama at January 9, 2007 8:17 PM

i must be zoning 'cuz i was trying to figure out why you wanted me to be your "space friend." spaced out friend, maybe........

Posted by dramamama at January 9, 2007 10:04 PM

MySpace frightens me and I refuse to be assimilated. But I still love you.

Posted by Mir at January 10, 2007 2:11 PM

I can't MySpace because it requires computer skillz that I ain't got. But your page is pretty, especially the picture of beautiful you! And Capain Ray the Library Fairy is a lovely human being.
If you're getting rid of Scott and the kids because you want to be single and childless, could I have Maisy? I could really use a girl around here... ;)

Posted by Amy-Go at January 10, 2007 6:06 PM

How funny -- I just got sucked into the vacuous waste-of-time-that-is-called-Myspace last week. Peer pressure reigned supreme in my case -- my sister, my friends, blabbering at me night and day, "You gotta get on Myspace," they droned, "How can you know what's going on with us if you're not on Myspace? Come on, everyone's doing it..."

Why do I suddenly have the urge to munch on something and then sneak off to some kind of Anon meeting?

So I succumbed. And it has lived up to all my fears, but I'm hooked. Dad. Blast. It. All.

I REFUSE to leave glittery messages, though -- do you hear me, blog-world? Re.Fuse.

"Hi, my name is Becky, and I'm a Myspaceaholic..."

Posted by Africableu at January 10, 2007 11:05 PM

Oh, how terribly exciting! Now I can be a squeeing fan over on MySpace AS WELL as in blogland! It is as though all of my geeky computer person dreams have come true.

Also, the longer you're on MySpace the easier it becomes to figure out... pinkie swear!

Posted by Angela at January 11, 2007 2:31 PM

I'm clueless about MySpace but had to comment on the library thing (first time commenter). While cruising my library's "new books" shelf last week, Between popped out at me - my lucky day! Then I took the chance that they also had gods in the basement (where they keep the rest of the fiction) and THEY DID! So I got them, read them both in 4 days (not bad in a house with two kids) and returned them both yesterday for others' enjoyment. So, there you have it... you've made it to the libraries of northern New Jersey.

Posted by clutterbug at January 12, 2007 9:02 AM

oh... duh... of course, I LOVED both books and am now recommending them to friends! Just wanted to make that clear.

Posted by clutterbug at January 12, 2007 9:04 AM

Well, it looks like you got the MySpace thing figured out so at least you are married! Good job. See you at the Mav Party.

Posted by Jaye at January 14, 2007 7:41 PM